Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

ubergnu posted:

That movie could have gone so horrible wrong if not in the hands of the right director in his prime. No, seriously, by all means that should have been an awful movie. Instead of a great one.

I also might have had a crush on Kim Cattrall, but don't tell anyone.

Then you might care for this, from the MST3K Wiki:

quote:

When Kim Cattrall appeared at ConventioCon ExpoFest-A-Rama 2: Electric Bugaloo in 1996, she shared this story: “I was in my hotel room and was channel surfing. And what do I hear but my own name being sung by a small golden man. And it just went on like that. I yelled for my boyfriend to come in and see this. We were just in shock. A few minutes later, one of my lesser accomplishments came on: ‘City Limits.’ I called my publicity agent and asked him if Mystery Science Theater 3000 was a real show. He said yes. I called my florist and had an odd request: to send a bouquet of flowers to a Crow T. Robot.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVMb5QN9TS8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Major League Soccer looking to cut costs?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/nhitqBl.gifv (gently caress gifv and it being non-embeddable.)

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Command Ant posted:

Then you might care for this, from the MST3K Wiki:

It's stories like this that will endear a celebrity to me forever.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

It's a gif of a preinternet gif.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.
First try with GoonCam. First try with Imgur.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Honey badger vs mouse gifs!

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

CollegeCop posted:

First try with GoonCam. First try with Imgur.

Why were they being filmed in the first place?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Kheldarn posted:

More, please! I don't have any specific requests, because I love the whole damned movie from beginning to end!
I don't have a copy of the movie on me, but this is what I could find thru Google/Tumblr

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HBomb posted:

Their parents love them? :shobon:

Schlinky
Mar 12, 2009

...Too much drink.

Finally got around to watching this film about a month ago, can't believe I've never seen it before.

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

HBomb posted:

You can aim a camera at a kid pretty much whenever and you'll catch them doing something stupid because they are kids and are perpetually stuck in a permanent state of doing stupid poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Forgall posted:

Increasing error tolerance for Frame optimization and Transparency optimization can reduce file size in exchange for more visual artifacts potentially appearing. That mostly helps with animations that don't have full screen motion. Of course you can also resize it down to be smaller if nothing else helps.

Thanks, I'll mess around with those. I just wasn't sure what did what.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.

HBomb posted:

The kid in the foreground was talking to the person with the camera when the kid in the back ground fell down. Then the kid in the foreground tries to see what is going on and falls off his chair.

I got it from one of those "fail" compilations.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Rich Evans reacts to the Star Wars trailer

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Not posting the reaction to the lightsaber?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
So he's excited then?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

VendaGoat posted:

So he's excited then?

I think he's excited about making fun of star wars reaction videos.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Who?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

:stonk:

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Geemer posted:

(gently caress gifv and it being non-embeddable.)

Wasn't everyone just complaining about webm being not embeddable? How the hell have people moved on from one format to another already?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Xenoletum posted:

Wasn't everyone just complaining about webm being not embeddable? How the hell have people moved on from one format to another already?

GifV is a subset of HTML5 (mp4/webm) video, we're complaining about the same thing.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Also, because gifv is the thing being pushed by THE premiere image hosting site, imgur, which also incidentally automatically converts all uploaded gifs to that format, literally any imgur .gif link you see you can just put a v on the end of that file extension and boom, you're now loading a nice sleek mp4, so it's absurdly convenient to use.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
Any good tools for editing existing GIFs? Even if its just cutting and appending frames? Got a project that's kinda big and photoshop is refusing to save it.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Base Emitter posted:

Any good tools for editing existing GIFs? Even if its just cutting and appending frames? Got a project that's kinda big and photoshop is refusing to save it.

If you want a good GIF tool for simple stuff like adding or removing frames, you can't really go wrong with Microsoft GIF Animator.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Base Emitter posted:

It's ancient at this point, but I often use Ulead Gif Animator 5.0 for general use / quick and dirty work. Saving Photoshop for more extensive stuff.

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Bad Munki posted:

Also, because gifv is the thing being pushed by THE premiere image hosting site, imgur, which also incidentally automatically converts all uploaded gifs to that format, literally any imgur .gif link you see you can just put a v on the end of that file extension and boom, you're now loading a nice sleek mp4, so it's absurdly convenient to use.

Its too bad Imgur has a 50MB file limit on gifs though.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

National Treasure Rich Evans, a guy from a...web studio?? called Red Letter Media that became famous for posting hours long videos about the Star Wars prequels.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Basticle posted:

Its too bad Imgur has a 50MB file limit on gifs though.

Didn't it used to be 2mb? Or am I thinking about ancient days? Anyways Imgur's big claim is that gifv compresses better leading to smaller file sizes.

I'm just afraid that if Lowtax tried to add gifv support that the forums would die again.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

What movie is this from?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Nativity In Black posted:

Didn't it used to be 2mb? Or am I thinking about ancient days? Anyways Imgur's big claim is that gifv compresses better leading to smaller file sizes.

I'm just afraid that if Lowtax tried to add gifv support that the forums would die again.

If you do your own compression/transparency optimization beforehand it seems that gifv makes your gif really look like poo poo. Or at least that's my experience on it after making a sub-5MB gif and then viewing it as gifv on my tablet.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Thanks for the help, I managed to make my first .gif and I'm kinda proud of it though there's some obvious issues in it anyway:

It's poo poo but I'm so happy. :unsmith:

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Agreed. Just give up. It's not worth it.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

Getting in the Christmas spirit over here!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
"Ham" - Mr. Oizo, which is basically America.mp4

That's John C. Reilly by the way.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

Robert Denby posted:

"Ham" - Mr. Oizo, which is basically America.mp4

That's John C. Reilly by the way.

Watch till the end, it's glorious!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Peanut President posted:

National Treasure Rich Evans, a guy from a...web studio?? called Red Letter Media that became famous for posting hours long videos about the Star Wars prequels.

Rich Evans has the best laugh of all time. Hearing it always makes my day better.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

CollegeCop posted:

Watch till the end, it's glorious!

Hope you don't mind but I also did a gif of the shootout.

Ham by Mr Oizo

Tracula posted:

Rich Evans has the best laugh of all time. Hearing it always makes my day better.
Indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

Robert Denby posted:

Hope you don't mind but I also did a gif of the shootout.

Ham by Mr Oizo

As I said, Glorious! 'Murica.gif