Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Blue On Blue posted:

That's awesome

And not for the reason I mentioned

1) I hope it's something like a simple speaker that makes a beep and can be easily hacked to include an angry new Yorker shouting 'hey yous guys I'm drivin here!' On repeat

The only acceptable noise they should make is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdWswvLPdE0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Probably one of the best combinations of 80s special effects and kickass soundtracks in cinema.

Amazing how well good practical effects hold up. Looks more real than 99% of the prequels.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Count Roland posted:

Yes, I agree completely.

I re-watched part of Master and Commander for the zillionth time the other night. I noticed how they did some of their effects. There was a scene where the crew was cowering on deck, while shrapnel was flying everywhere around them.

Whenever I think about that film I get sad/angry that it didn't do enough at the box office to warrant sequels. It was such a good film and there's such a wealth of material to adapt.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Chicken mittens!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Sure is.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

That poor hen :ohdear:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

I don't even like soccer but this is cold.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Now they need one where it changes between blue and gold.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/uSttcVC.mp4

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phy posted:

Reebokbokbokbgoks

Chicken mittens!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Lurking Haro posted:

The getaway driver is the only survivor of a heist because his partners tripped and broke their necks? Double murder.

Only in states with a felony murder statute.

...which, okay, is 46 of them.

(The cause also has to be proximate in a number of them. In others, deaths *not* directly caused by the criminals don't count. )