Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ever wonder how a 3 or 4-way light switch works?

For a 3-way switch, just eliminate that center switch.

The cool thing is that because of the logic, you can add as many 4-way switches in the middle as you want, and it'll still function the same way. You can have an 87-way circuit without any crazy business (except the obvious crazy business of having 87 switches controlling the same circuit.) <3 XOR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Needs more lens flare. Like one for every blade. And every ring of every lens flare has another light saber, with according lens flares.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

The Tommy Lee Jones one is awesome.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Also, because gifv is the thing being pushed by THE premiere image hosting site, imgur, which also incidentally automatically converts all uploaded gifs to that format, literally any imgur .gif link you see you can just put a v on the end of that file extension and boom, you're now loading a nice sleek mp4, so it's absurdly convenient to use.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Mogomra posted:

I never understood these images. Wouldn't there need to be some mechanical thing inside the camera that recorded this going faster than the speed of light?

I'm not very good at science.

E: It's pretty fuckin' cool though.
No, it's all electronic. Your sensor is either sensing or not, there's not a shutter that opens and closes.

That being said, generally, in really over-simplified terms, how these ULTRAMEGAUBERFASTWATCHASINGLEPROTON framerate things work is that it's compiled from several repeats of the same instance, and each time they capture the moment in the sequence that is just a little later. So say you have a sensor that you can turn on for 20 picoseconds. To capture a 100-picosecond sequence, you'll run the sequence five times and capture a different period each time. The first time you capture 0-20ps, the second time 20-40ps, the third time 40-60ps, etc.

It's like if you had a really slow camera and wanted to make a video of a car driving by, but definitely couldn't take pictures fast enough. So instead you have the car drive by a whole bunch of times and each time, you take your picture just a little later, and then compile them all together in an animation.

e:fb, but I used :words: and :iiaca: so :colbert:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

What a fantastic continuation from Iron. I really hope they do more in the series.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

KARMA! posted:

Pretend it was a gif.

Why pretend?

You can freely change between mp4, gif, gifv, and webm with imgur gif links, so just make it a .gif when you're stuck in the stone age, like on these here forums in the year of our lord 1995

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Damnit, Hatfield, quit peeling out and just go, you're gonna wear out the tires doing that.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

The flaming lip posted:

Jesus christ, I think they're speaking english

If you can call it that.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

GnuUzir posted:

Things like this make me want to watch this, but I am fairly sure the movie can't carry the cool looking clips.

The movie is more or less entirely composed of cool looking clips, watch it, it was good fun and I don't regret paying to see it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Krowley posted:

Did I just watch someone die?

Nah, the whole thing was staged.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Whoa cool where can I too get a five-shafted condom?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I really appreciate that they put an extra large ball chamber on there. I have a hard enough time stuffing my five dicks into a regular condom, but wrapping it over my ten testicles gets uncomfortable fast.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

NotAnArtist posted:

Where's this from? It's pretty rad.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess HTTP://ANIMATORSTEVE.WEEBLY.COM

You know. Based on the text on the gif. Could be wrong though.

e: orange and green are nothing but dead baggage, they're holding the team back, boot those guys asap.

Bad Munki has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Dec 31, 2014

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

TontoCorazon posted:

Anybody have the other one where's it's just like three guys fighting. Those gifs are pretty rad

:what:

Bad Munki posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess HTTP://ANIMATORSTEVE.WEEBLY.COM

It's right there on the image.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Phuzzy posted:

Because you posted it and this never gets old t-

THAT MUSIC! It's GOTTA BE GENE, GENE THE DANCING MACHINE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dd6-KV0TR8

Man, drugs must've been so much better back then.

e: marginally related I guess, have a modern classic remix/mashup/whatever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeEQDtk63H4

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

A tricky car:

http://i.imgur.com/p5WCdct.gifv

(I guess it's too long to be portable as a gif, time for SA to join us all in the year 2015 and support imager's gifv links?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

Carp of Duty (Still in betta)

COD

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ragequit posted:

So guess who they just added to the Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie?

I'll give you three guesses.

David Mitchell?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Too bad it's still Star Wars. v:shobon:v

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

This is wonderful, I love it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Another unmasking.

Ah HA! I knew the president was a liz--oh.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

So at some point during this, bowser pooped out three clones of the contra dude. Interesting.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Is it a sailboat?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Is it a schooner?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ludicro posted:

Superior German superweapons.gif

Well it worked, didn't it? The trick is just getting the launch pad and rocket set up at the desired target's location.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

King Vidiot posted:

That's not a shadow though, it appears to be the entire structure. It's on the left side then it's on the right side, back and forth forever.

Above post has it, but to go further: google aerial imagery is composed from a composite of tons of different image sets. The perspective often plays tricks, and in order to alleviate that, there's some shenanigans that happen to try to flatten the different perspective of the images. Same applies over time. Sometimes that "flattening" leads to its own weirdness. In the gif in question, you can see the legs of the monument in one image, and not in another, that's because nothing's moving, it's just a shift in perspective, where one viewpoint has a view of the legs with the top appearing to be further over, and the other does not.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

KoRMaK posted:

Even with this in mind, I'm having a hard time attributing it to this case.

Looks like a giant shipping container moving around.

fake edit: Oh I understand now. https://www.google.com/maps/@-22.916354,-43.17341,3a,75y,49.19h,150.33t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1saZq4taSkn1MAAAQDMaGO9g!2e0!3e11 Those first couple maps links obscure the actual thing with the pin drop.

Yeah, it's deceiving because it's such an abnormally tall thing surrounded by a bunch of relatively flat stuff, so the shift in perspective doesn't have any sort of reference for your brain, since nothing else is affected by the perspective so much.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Paccione posted:

Does anyone have the gif of twiggy 12 year old bullying a fat kid at school and the fat kid just losing it and power slamming the twig kid to the ground?

I think it happened a couple years ago. It went viral and I think the twig kid's mother tried suing the fat kid.

I don't have the link but I know exactly what you're talking about and gently caress that little kid, all hail fatty magoo and his hulk rage.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yes, yes, you brainwashed us with this one already. First we take over our local towns, then converge on major cities while proclaiming you as our lord and master. Then what?

Then the whole word unites in an 8-billion-person loss.jpg performance art piece.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Crap, Lilliput has entered the nuclear arms game :3:

(more here: http://www.boredpanda.com/mushroom-growth-timelapse-gifs/)

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, looks like he took one in the leg/foot.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Also the driver had probably just locked up their brakes and was keeping the brake pedal floored while trying to turn the steering wheel to where they wanted to be, not to where they're going no matter what. It's possible to regain traction, but not if you fight what's happening.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

holttho posted:

gta_civilians.gif

Yes, that is literally and precisely :thejoke:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Mr Executive posted:

It's kinda dumb to buy a set of seasonal tires if you aren't retarded. I live in Wisconsin and don't personally know a single person who switches out their tires in the winter.

Are you claiming that people who live in Wisconsin aren't necessarily retarded? :confused:

I mean granted, it's not like they live in Minnesota, but still.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Thump! posted:

I feel like you're trying to say something about Freddie Mercury here...

Not getting it, gonna need some aid here.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

EXAKT Science posted:

looks like you got it
Are you positive?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Vultan's theme (attack of the hawk men).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well I, umm...that was not what I expected.