Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Made this while working on my new avatar, and it's too beautiful not to share.

bless you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

EXAKT Science posted:

In the first gif, is his right foot attached to the platform or something? that's nuts.
It's a spin on an old yogi trick - there's a metal pole running up the back of his right pantleg that is hinged at the knee to allow him to bend forward and attaches to a firm seat - when he leans back the hinge locks into place, and his weight is supported on the hidden seat part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1I8cLhCcQ4

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Paccione posted:

Does anyone have the gif of Deadpool sling Slater with a chair?
I found it by copying your question into google.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

If only Emilio Estevez were/was driving the boat.

gently caress, what's the proper usage there?
Subjunctive it's were, but was is accepted as correct because nobody gives a poo poo about subjunctive.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

hooah posted:

I did not understand that loving movie at all. Granted, I was like 17 when I saw it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Like any joke, the more you explain it the better it gets.
That's not what explaining a joke does.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

:henget:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

gif thread

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

That poor piece of frozen blood.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

brb voting for a politician so terrible he can gently caress up bacon.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

himajinga posted:

I remember my horror when the transformers cartoon dvds first came out and my friends and I couldn't get through a single episode because they were so lovely and boring.
My friend got the He-Man set and we found them quite watchable due to how camp they were, and they reused cels so often that it became almost a game to guess which of the only three ways He-Man had of entering a scene he would use next.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ravenfood posted:

Seriously what the hell New Zealand.
Universal healthcare means we all pay :colbert: by watching increasingly forceful videos trying to get people to look after themselves

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It would be pretty good if Search By Image supported videos.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

hhhat posted:

Edgar suit

Someone else has to see this
Don't worry, I did.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

hhhat posted:

Cant not see she's not pulling trigger
I'm the trooper's lovely premature recoilless laser blast.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Brutally functional interfaces like that hold up a lot better cinematically than ones where people stand in front of some magical projection waving their hands like idiots to zoom pictures that somehow activate other programs and do stuff without any further interaction.

Forty years later and the interiors of our planes, shuttles, and international space stations are still broadly switches and buttons with tiny labels (they are not unlabeled in Alien). They're not voice-activated or motion-tracked or anything like that because they are still massively inefficient ways to interact with computers. Sure sitting at a desk and typing commands like "What's the story mother?" into a glowing green interface looks anachronistic and strange rather than clicking on a desktop icon to load Nostromo Search and typing it there, but it's instantly relatable and grounding in a film.

The technology used in a film creates a context for the world - Alien is considerably low tech. You instinctively understand that technology will not solve the conflicts its characters face. Compare it to Star Trek, where everything is touch-screen or voice-activated: technology solves the overwhelming number of conflicts characters run into. Star Trek is a different world. Alien is our world in the future. The choices of interfaces fundamentally convey that idea. Star Wars is the same: it's a movie filled with laser swords, literal magic, and fantastic beasts but it's grounded by the fact that those laser swords have knobs, the Millennium Falcon is filled with unlabeled switches, and the X-Wing requires a whole bunch of fiddly bits and bobs just to get a HUD activated, with the most futuristic the interfaces get is R2D2 sticking his robot dick in a computer.

I'm confident predicting that in another forty years we will still be building high technology things like planes and spaceships with switches, knobs, and tiny labels, and terminal interfaces; with absolutely nobody having ever done databasing through standing in a room doing loving flag semaphores at a holographic screen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

If a puppet skeleton can push you into a vat of acid you just have to admit to yourself that maybe you wanted to be in the pit of acid.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

e3: noooooooooo Guru meditation just as I got the plate armor off Sir Goodwin's corpse :(
Authentic.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

ZenMaster posted:

Anyway to make that an iphone wallpaper?

Also, dumb question but why when I upload a gif to imgur does it always convert it to web video? Also, why doesn't it have the options like before that has different imbed links?
Any gif over a certain size (5? 10? meg) will be converted to video to save bandwidth for mobile devices.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's a little from column a and a little from column b.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

All I can see is the hair strand going through the laser.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

I know people who leave the loving stickers on their whitegoods and TVs. You know, these ones:
Look, if I took the stickers off my washer/dryer then how would anybody appreciate how conscientious I was about buying one with a good power/water rating?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

djwetmouse posted:

Han did Alderaan.
No episode 7 spoilers please.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

^ wow, I had not noticed that

VendaGoat posted:

Remember, it was for the next generation.

So, if you are an old like me, and based on your response I bet you are, remember, it was ment for those younger then us.
At least those kids who managed to make it through all the dialogue about trade disputes, taxes, politics, and both bouts of I KILLED THEM ALL AND NOT JUST THE MEN BUT THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

At least Madonna is eating again.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

:itwaspoo:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Edmund Honda posted:

I kinda didn't want to say anything because people posting content can do what the fuckever they want, but literally 67x the size and lower quality is a bit much

The worst thing is it was already on imgur on the same url. Same:

3mb

http://i.imgur.com/qmJfXWh.gifv
350kb

GIF is still useful in some places, but c'mon. The future is better
In that particular case the quality of the gif shits all over the gifv and 3mb is not a huge ask.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's nice to see Steven Seagal got back into shape.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Chard posted:

Did this man have a stroke or something, what's the story here
The acid is kicking in. :memes:

he's just processing that he passed the ball directly to the opposition

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It should be law that all robots have to have little faces shittily drawn on them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Flip the gif if you're gonna do that :argh:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

death .cab for qt posted:

What the gently caress? These are supposed to be terribad, but this hook is good :stare:

Welcome to the treasure zone

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bad Munki posted:

That bothered me the most too, it's a really sudden jerk when the car parts split ways, it's super jarring and awkward.

I mean there's a lot else there, but yeah, that's bad. I get it, they wanted her to cut a car in half, that'd cool, but the execution is just so bad.
Mine was that apparently she's cutting it in half while upside down and facing away from it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Judge Schnoopy posted:

mmmfffff yes more shaky cam and half second camera cuts yeah that's a great way to watch an action scene
It's a good way to get across the chaos and moment-to-moment of a fight, which is why it's always the best decision when it's a character who's supposed to be in control of the situation.

Inzombiac posted:

She's doing a front flip, overhead swing.
Yes, which is why she should be facing down, not directly away, when she completes it.

tomstuart posted:

goons - :spergin: the very attractive olivia munn is doing a neat stunt in a sexy outfit better complain and nitpick a mindless action film
Flipping over in a harness then being poorly composited into a digital scene is not a stunt.

This is a stunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

:911: