Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Sire Oblivion posted:

What settings do I mess with to lower the size of .gifs in GoonCam?
Increasing error tolerance for Frame optimization and Transparency optimization can reduce file size in exchange for more visual artifacts potentially appearing. That mostly helps with animations that don't have full screen motion. Of course you can also resize it down to be smaller if nothing else helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

jiharlequinade posted:

What's the right delay setting for making gifs with gooncam? I made some I was pretty happy with, but they seem to be playing at about 1.5X speed in Firefox.
Gifs with more than 10 fps (100ms delay) can be weird in browsers sometimes. What value do you have in settings for frames per second? Have you manually changed delay for frames in editor? Does it play at normal speed in preview window?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

jiharlequinade posted:

I had it at 30 fps (admittedly high), and the default delay appears to be 100 ms (I didn't change it). They actually seemed to be playing a little slow in the preview window, but worked fine in IE, Windows Media, Irfanview, VLC...
For 30 fps delay should be 33ms. It should show this number in lower left corner of each frame in Editor window. If video was recorded at 30 fps, yet in editor it shows 100ms delay on each frame instead of 33ms, something went really wrong, possibly a bug. Otherwise, it might be Firefox issue with too high fps gifs. Unless you really need very smooth motion, you can reduce fps of your gif in editor. Select all frames (Ctrl+A), right click and select Reduce FPS from context menu, then put number 3 into window that pops up. See how it works in Firefox after exporting it again.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Turtle passed the test :unsmith:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

eminkey2003 posted:

Anyone else get an antivirus warning when you try to open Gooncam?
What antivirus are you using, what exactly is the message, and at what point does it pop up? On program start, or at some point during program's operation?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
It's true and here's proof.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

clockwork automaton posted:

cat was helping me play WoW
He's trying to stage an intervention.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Ishamael posted:

Learning about the "magic" of pregnancy made me realize that the little dude even moves the woman's heart!

I should have bought my mom a better Christmas present this year.
gently caress your organs, I live here now.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Tracula posted:

If y'all wanna talk about unsafe there's always Throne of Blood where they shot real loving arrows at the lead actor.

They also didn't warn him.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Beastie posted:

Quick question, what's the name for the effect on gifs where things go nuts and all the pixels bleed into each other? I've tried google.
Datamoshing.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
What was the intended result here?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

SplitSoul posted:

Also a missed opportunity to call it the ManDrain,
Wait, it's not called that? How disappointing.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Nutsngum posted:

What are all these from?
If I had to make a guess

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Haruharuharuko posted:

The real reason for doing LPs is to share a game you love or to entertain, but it also acts as an advertisement for the game and if it's going to be coming out soon like Dangan Ronpa (or however you spell it) it might make some people who would buy not. It's just kind of an etiquette thing. As well as the three month policy (no LPs of game released in the last 3 months) is there for people who don't like spoilers.

Three month rule is no longer in effect actually.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Unperson_47 posted:

Is that dude's chain mail shark glove just overloading that shark's Ampullae of Lorenzini or something? That fish is tripping something fierce. :sharkdrugs:

Or maybe it's just frightened out of its mind. "Oh god, oh god, oh god, maybe if I'm really still, this sea creature with metal hands will leave me alone."
It's just happy it got noticed by senpai.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Met posted:

From the Political Cartoon thread

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Being filmed while on drugs doesn't seem like a very smart idea.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Jim DiGriz posted:

It was about time someone started working on the old pork bullets joke.
It's not a joke for people like Cruz.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Azhais posted:

So Vader is like Superman?

Why would he need to duck?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

late for work.gif

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Bad Munki posted:

Yours isn't? :confused:
The perils of butthole shaving.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

King Vidiot posted:

This should become a new thing for all movies, so if there's a movie you've seen already but want to experience again you just watch the abbreviated gif and all your memories of the movie come back and fill in the gaps.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

ultrabindu posted:

I don't approve.

Persona 4 movie looking good.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Bloodborne DLC looking good.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Latvian heaven.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6cake3bwnY

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Parasyte Christmas special looking good.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Karate Bastard posted:

Woah bro you have my interest, what of these Stupid Adventures in Homoerotic Shouting????

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Keket posted:

What the hell is this from?
Cummies Alive

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

rydiafan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5blEeOvG5uI&hd=1

Nobody asked me, but this video is the first time I recall being exposed to datamoshing, so I still love it.

Thank you for your attention.
Was expecting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvqakws0CeU.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
https://i.imgur.com/uQis8hm.mp4

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Buckets posted:

Do yourself a favor and look up a couple Dahir Insaat videos, they all feature only the most innovative ideas of Russia's greatest geniuses!

The Video featuring that anti-tank abomination also gives us lawn dart style landmine/auto rocket turrets and soldiers impersonating civilians riding quad bikes designed to plant landmine/auto rocket turrets.

Or check out this retarded quad copter! A semi truck that transforms into a flying weapons platform!

Their other videos are more focused on really bad ideas for city planing like drive-in supermarkets or underground monorail delivery systems. Like someone was playing city skylines and thought they really had a handle on how things should really be going down.
This is a better place to watch them.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

SwissCM posted:

What happens if you jam something into that hole as its closing.
It'll rip your dick off.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

trapped mouse posted:

Alright, this is legit scary
Chip cards solve this problem, but nobody wants to spend any money on security.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
This needs sound.