Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

That Millenium Falcon camera move is really awesome. I was expecting some absolutely poo poo visuals and boring camera angles and that was not what I got at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm fie with a crossguard, it's just the logical part of my brain sees that version and goes 'shouldn't there be a physical guard under the glowy guards? It looks really easy to hurt yourself'. It just seems a silly implementation.

Sith never respect OH&S.

MrBigglesworth posted:

Cross guard may have been able to prevent something like...oh...this?

http://gfycat.com/EverlastingFelineGrayfox

It wouldn't in this version, though, because the blade would've sliced through the crossguard's generator, not the guard itself.

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 04:48 on Nov 29, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Steve Holt! posted:

This is a 45 meg gif. It is killing my laptop, can you link it please?

Oh THAT'S why this page keeps imploding chrome.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Caedus posted:

I can't get over the detail on the Falcon. The engine nacelles look like actual thrusters and not "a bunch of blue glowy fuzz".

I miss the big satellite dish. :smith:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Xenoletum posted:

Wasn't everyone just complaining about webm being not embeddable? How the hell have people moved on from one format to another already?

GifV is a subset of HTML5 (mp4/webm) video, we're complaining about the same thing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FutonForensic posted:

This was my favorite sequence in the film and I'm going to be really disappointed the next time I see a sci-fi film or game that portrays wormholes as flat 2D holes in space.

Honestly, if you were making a wormhole for traversal you'd want to create it as flat as possible at the point of transit, otherwise you'd get geometric distortion that'd probably destroy the craft. In theory there's nothing stopping you from doing any shape you want. how about making it an obloid shape with proportions 1:4:9

A simple 'hole in space' wormhole would be the equivilent of taking those two piece of paper and making a slit between them and passing through that slit, as opposed to punching a bigass hole.

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 05:56 on Dec 11, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

Wow, Shadow Australia and Shadow Asia don't seem to care at all.

I was confused by this statement until I remembered lots of people don't know how Australia's population works.

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 02:17 on Dec 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

stubblyhead posted:

I think you're still a little confused about it tbqh.

Oh.

:downsrim: