Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Anora posted:

Better question, why isn't Domon in more things?

A homeless, mentally ill karate-man who travels the world punching people in the face and showing them a photo of his brother before punching racist caricature robots with his thermonuclear hands.

G Gundam is the only good anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Small Frozen Thing posted:

So you think racist caricatures are good? Interesting, interesting

If Neo America having a giant robot that looks like a football player that rides a surfboard and has giant laser revolvers who's shoulder pads turn into boxing gloves is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sans may get it but I sure don't.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Triskelli posted:

I loved Inside Out too, but I couldn't help thinking partway through, "Didn't cartoons used to be funny?".

Disney animated features pulling at your heartstrings goes back to its inception with Snow White.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Postal Parcel posted:

BS, there's no first shot of rejection

Its missing a page.

If anyone has the source for MGS Anime Club Id appreciate it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

This was fuckin' funny, though

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Puppets are still everywhere in young children's programming.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ramos posted:

Spoilers for Star Wars, I suppose, though why are you browsing the fan art thread anyway?

Because fan art for things other than Star Wars still exists.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Someone make one of these but with Link getting the poo poo kicked out of him by Undertales.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rama of Ra posted:

I thought it was pretty hep

...atitis?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bluemillion posted:

The year is 2016 and spiders are now considered sexy. The future is too loving weird.

Sorry, friend, but I'm afraid Lloth and driders have been a thing for nearly three decades now. Ain't nothin' new under the sun.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Sure are a lot of goons in here pretending they don't know there are multiple Rule 34 sites.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
TouHou is the most anime thing, and anime is worse than the holocaust.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Of course a Jojo fighting game would have a pose button/special move. :allears:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr Tastee posted:

A new take on an old classic.

:perfect:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nihilarian posted:

belly veins?

Dude is holding back an absolutely MASSIVE poo poo.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

dog days are over posted:

As annoying as the meme is you have to admit this is pretty good.

loss.jpg is a treasure to all mankind

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Is that Moral Orel? Best show Adult Swim ever had.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Internet Kraken posted:

Probably because it takes more imagination to figure out how you can make a bullet bill arousing.

Slap some huge tits and a pussy on it somewhere and call it a day. Don't act like this is your first rodeo.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kumaton posted:

Oh God dammit.

Idgi

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ramos posted:

Your hate for that show leaves me at a loss.

:golfclap:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Steven Universe characters do seem to have some DSLs, though, seriously.

No, see, it only appears like they do but they actually don't it's really quite genius and furthermore *faaaaaaartz*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Broseph Brostar posted:

This is almost as bad as people missing the point of OPM

How is it missing the point?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Undertale Genocide ending spoilers:

X

Undertale: Special Handicapped Edition

"You wouldn't dunk on a kid in a wheelchair, would ya?"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:perfect:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I still don't get what the 0.5 a-press is supposed to mean in this context. :confused:

Whatever you say, """""""Henry"""""""

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr_Amazing posted:

This guys has apparently grown bored of normal speed runs so he tries to beat Mario 64 without pressing the A button. This involves doing things like phasing into alternate ghost versions of the level to avoid having to jump. Sometimes that still isn't enough and he has to start the level already holding the A button down, then beating the level without letting it go. He considers this half a press.

Half a press for that level. Or, rather, the press starts before the level and ends during it. For ease of tracking he calls it half a press.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

scandoslav posted:

No you see if they wore pants it would get in the way of their airplane legs (and skirts would assumedly introduce unwanted drag). Like you can't interface with airplane legs through clothing.

That's why the one older lady gets to wear trousers. She's retired from having airplane legs.

poo poo like Strike Witches is why I stopped watching anime years ago. I don't want to be put on any lists.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If you wouldn't bone Garrus even as a dude you're hosed up.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:sbahj:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mother of god...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Suaimhneas posted:

That's cool, but why does the demonstration at the end only show them using it in one form? What's the point of making a trick weapon then!

Probably because the thing looks like it weighs 40+ lbs. Why they don't make the things out of aluminum or a lighter alloy than steel for these larger ones I don't know. Other than its probably cheaper to use steel.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Taciturn Tactician posted:

From what I remember 90% of the projects his opinion is "this weapon is balanced like poo poo and makes no sense in the real world" so I don't think there's a whole lot of thought going into practicality.

Well yeah, nothing they make is made to be effective, just cool looking. But if nothing else it'd make their demo reels look cooler if they can actually swing the drat thing and they wouldn't run the risk of making GBS threads out their buttholes trying to do it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

7c Nickel posted:

It's most noticeable when they make something that actually functions as a weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DITY1WzbLj8&t=338s

Sokka's Meteor Sword is just a really nice jian made from meteoric iron and it shows when they do the live demo. It cuts cleanly through everything without the crazy deformation and wobbling you see on other demos.

That's a great one, yeah. Although swords should have a bit of bend and flexibility to them. Without it they are brittle and prone to breaking. :eng101:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If someone hasn't already made a mod to triple the size of the snitties (snake+titties) I'll eat my hat.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fister Roboto posted:

Just tell them it's anime for "sploosh".

What's anime for "ka-cow!"?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BillmasterCozb posted:

I thought it was obvious based on how she immediately used force tricks that she knew nothing about beforehand (whereas it took luke years of upside-down rock stacking), something something midichlorians :v:

that and you'd have to be a grade A doof to not see that they're definitely building Rei up to be Luke's daughter

Luke blew up the Death Star using force powers he never knew existed and his training consisted of Obi-Wan just telling to use the force. Also, Rey knew the force could affect minds because Kylo had literally just got done using the force to affect her mind.

Christ, it's like you nerds didn't even watch the movie.

Edit:

Anakin was using force precognition to pod race when he was an actual child. Leia was able to manifest premonitions without any training as well. It's well established that force users instinctually know how to use the force in some capacity without training.

Who What Now has a new favorite as of 14:50 on Feb 12, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Moon Monster posted:

Has any non-Skywalker bloodline person been able to do that other than maybe Rey? I have no opinions/don't give a gently caress about her parentage but that argument isn't exactly helping your case.

In the EU absolutely. In the movies we've never seen any untrained non-Skywalker force users.

Also my case is that Rey isn't significantly more "powerful" or "better" than the other protagonists in the series. How does showing other characters doing similar things not help that case?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Improbable Lobster posted:

The EU is non-canon and also bad

Well, yeah, that's why I made a distinction between the EU and movies. Although the only thing I know from the EU are the games and some of those are pretty good. Maybe Disney will actually make Republic Commando 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

El Cid posted:

Sounds like her Chozo parents are just lazy, birds are pretty good at talking. The second best animals at it, in fact!

Also signing would NOT be easier in a suit where one arm ends in a large cannon.

I DENY YOU, SIGN LANGUAGE SAMUS!

Most/all signs can be done one handed and those that can't can be spelled. And it would certainly be easier if the suit doesn't have external speakers and the person you're talking to doesn't have a compatible communications device.

COME AT ME BRO

• Locked thread