Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

GorfZaplen posted:

I agree completely!

C'mon, man. Why you gotta make me want things I can't have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Why does this look better animated than actual ME3 cutscenes? What the gently caress.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
Could I request some weird/awesome Fist of the North Star fanart?

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
Does anybody know the original source for this image?

I recall that it was from a comic about Dr. Wily being on trial, and Sephiroth was also there, but Google search-by-image doesn't seem to help with just the cropped form, and the combination of the search terms 'megaman', 'trial', 'sephiroth', doesn't seem to help.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Who What Now posted:

Well somebody better link it i wanna see it too and am too lazy to google.

Imagine the end of Akira, but with the knowledge that somebody's jerking off to it.

I couldn't find the rest of the Megaman comic, but now I don't really want to.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Who What Now posted:

Well somebody better link it i wanna see it too and am too lazy to google.

How about that: I finally managed to find the whole comic, saved on an old computer of mine. It's pretty funny! Dont' look up the author!

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Kavak posted:

Chest-arm appaers to be some hideous fusion of Species 8472 and a Ferengi.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be an alien that showed up in one of the Star Trek novels I read when I was in middle school. They're basically spacefaring scavengers who sneak in after battles to salvage technology and material.
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Kreel

EDIT: Nope! Looks like he's actually a dude from the Star Trek Animated Series, and a member of a species that only showed up in that show.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Arex

Lamprey Cannon has a new favorite as of 06:44 on Oct 23, 2015

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Taciturn Tactician posted:

What on earth game is this?

Based on the other videos on the channel, it's Exodus from the Earth.

For content, while we're on the MST3K kick, and in honor of the successful Kickstarter:

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's really not like Deus Ex at all. The only similarities are that they're both Cyberpunk FPSRPGs. They play completely differently, the plots are radically different in every way, the visual design is extremely different. It's obviously Deus Ex inspired, but it's also inspired by every obscure sci-fi/cyberpunk RPG and tabletop game that the devs ever played.

(Not fanart, 4 real dialogue)

Along similar lines:

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Internet Kraken posted:

What is this even supposed to be

http://i.imgur.com/Vc03opS.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/BUO5bpv.gifv

:darksouls:

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

So, in spite of the fact that it's got the initials 'AYM' on it, and it clearly seems to be Fallout fanart, I haven't been able to track down the source, and no combination of 'AYM', 'Fallout', and 'fanart' have been able to help me. Where is this from?

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

That is decidedly no pickle-pee, and definitely no pump-a-rum.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

And here's the same, except less artifacted, and more bigger:

While we're at it, though:

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

What a good dog! She's keeping vigil over her master's grave, and nothing bad is ever going to happen to her, because she is a super good dog. Good dog. Best friend.

EDIT: Knew I was forgetting something.

Lamprey Cannon has a new favorite as of 17:46 on May 8, 2016

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

My favorite little detail in this is that the Mechani-Kong looks like it's powered by the Oxygen Destroyer, the weapon used to kill Godzilla in the original movie.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

And the fanart of the fanart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QyMXAu-kt0

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Mildly Amusing posted:

Honestly, I would love a low-poly Dark Souls

Or Bloodborne, whatever

Well consider yourself in luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWSBYUPWMk0

Unfortunately, there's doesn't seem to be a whole lot of King's Field fanart out there. Maybe it's because none of the human character models have faces. On the other hand, the crow in Dark Souls doesn't even have a body, and that doesn't seem to have stopped anybody.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

BillmasterCozb posted:

Is there any fanart of Donkey Kong and Leo Luster as Joseph Joestar and Caesar Zepelli, respectively?

This is as close as I could get:

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Is two of the same crossover enough to declare this A Thing?

Well, Busto did kind of transform everything in his world into orange Tang, so I think there's a solid connection.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
This is *so good*! I think my favorite one is the Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star) art by Araki (a.k.a. Mister Jojo)

The design also features nods to the various Jojos themselves, a reflection of the immense influence that FoTN had on early Jojo.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

I'm trying to shove my money into the computer screen but for some reason it's not working?!!

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
Yu Yu Hakusho is pretty good. Any fanart of that?

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Hihohe posted:

Is baby Jolyne an actual thing in the manga or is it just a cute thing people like to draw

Tragically it's nowhere in the actual manga, it's just that the way Araki eventually decided on her age and the year her story arc takes place means that she's four years old during Part 4, which is the one that's currently being adapted to anime. Here's a higher quality version of that first gif, though:

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Improbable Lobster posted:

What's the crying Statue of Liverty in EYE?

Though the hood over the eyes probably makes the crying hard to make out.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

DemonTrigger posted:

Vietnamese Pokemon Crystal

What, no Volcano Bakemeat?

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Robert Denby posted:

"Shin Godzilla" is pretty good.

It super duper is, and everybody who's lucky enough to have it playing somewhere nearby should go see it.

I loving love the little googlyzilla.

And a bonus of Mikako Ichikawa's weird nerdy character in the movie, as done in the styles of a bunch of different manga artists.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Ramaroot posted:

I am scared to look for Dragon Age 3 fanart because of the Iron Bull, even though he is awesome. Please help.

Well I don't know if it totally counts, but Coelasquid of Manly Guys Doing Manly things did a delightful Iron Bull cosplay, plus her comic which is basically fanart anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

VanSandman posted:

Is there a good LP of EYE I could read or watch?

I guess, but I feel like the fun of it is experiencing all the baffling aspects firsthand. Shell out the skrilla for it the next time it goes on sale. Or now.

Also, speaking of utterly baffling things that I love and believe you must experience firsthand:

• Locked thread