Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
Dermal Anchors

Solice Kirsk posted:

Those are usually surgically inserted magnets. I know they have surgically inserted studs as well, but you usually don't put those somewhere they can get pulled out by accidentally pulling your pants up though. I've only seen them on like the skull or forehead and stuff.

This is utter bollocks, they are not magnets at all.

Dermals can be put pretty much anywhere if they're done properly.

While magnetic implants do exist they are normally done in fingertips or around the hand for sensory purposes rather than to permanently stick things to them as that would cause compression of tissue and lead to a rejection of the implant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

James Woods posted:

I dated a couple girls last year who had these types of piercings and they work basically like a little screw for going into areas where you can't have a backing to the stud to hold it in. The link below shows what the jewelry looks like taken out.

http://body-jewelry-guide.com/nostril-screws.html

Yes... they have 'nostril' screws in their hips... not dermal anchors.

I'm amazed how people that don't have a clue what they're talking about do so with such conviction.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

13Pandora13 posted:

Testicular cancer I imagine. They put in silicon falsies, they don't just lop the whole sack off.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess you didn't watch the whole thing.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

How would you even keep something like that clean?

Like a regular vagina is self cleaning and discharges and all that gross stuff.

That tube would resemble the inside of that public fleshlight at burning man after a while.

Sticking a bottle brush in your fauxgina every couple days doesn't sound fun!

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Bundle of Keys posted:

Why not just use your fingers?

Sebum and dead skin cells, and that poo poo that collects in your navel, it's all gonna find its way in there, i'm sure douching is the serious answer but... urgh...

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Mars looks a lot smaller than I imagined. That or the rover is loving HUGE.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

There's probably a skull inside of this one

That's actually a hand crafted exact 1:1 wax replica of Iggy Pop.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

salty fries make me cry posted:

Daddy Longlegs and real spiders are cool individually and I will let them live in my house so they can eat all the other bugs I hate.

After a previously never recorded hot summer here in the UK, I just closed my living room windows yesterday for the first time in about 4 or 5 months.

Big bay window, either side closed fine, then the upper middle part that opens out horizontally had a cobweb that basically acted like a screen across the entire 4x1ft opening of the window.

This web was absolutely full of little flies and moths. Some wrapped up, some just empty carcasses.

I want to meet the spider(s) that made that web and shake their paw.

Yes spiders have paws. And if imgur was working right now i'd post some spider paws here.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

RE: Mayflys

When i first moved to PA after many short visits back and forth from the UK, Mayfly Day was something I was not prepared for in any way that Flying Ant day could provide.

It was nowhere near as bad as that gas station, but when crossing at bridge at dusk while going 50-60mph, something I had done many, MANY times before, I was not expecting the sound nor instant darkness that occurs upon hitting a swarm of them fuckers.

It was like a thick, wet, bag of cottage cheese was thrown at my windscreen, slimy and chunky at the same time. I first was worried it would actually crack the glass, and then realised visibility had dropped to maybe 5%. Slowed down, used maybe my entire washer fluid contents to no avail. Pulled into the nearest gas station and was met with a dozen other drivers that had just done the same thing all in a queue to use the courtesy squeegee and soapy water. Only, the containers of soapy water were 3/5ths dead mayflys and associated goop, so that resulted in just smearing the mess even more.

The next day was the first time I took my car through an automatic car wash as i refused to do that poo poo by hand, even using a pressure washer i was fearful of bug splash-back.

The UK's flying ant day is nothing compared to that winged hell. The main difference being flying ants aren't restricted to mostly rural areas and will happily infest cities too, and ant bites kinda suck.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

I have no professional bonafides at all but I think the idea is the bird can't be bothered with the snail shell so it takes the wormy eyes and gtfo.

Crows have learned to drop nuts at busy intersections in order to have cars run them over and crack hard shells.

It would literally be harder for a bird to 'just' rip off an eye stalk of parasitic snail than it would to just pick up the whole thing and drop it from up on high, cracking its shell and then taking the now naked snail back to it's nest.

If birds were over 6ft tall and scaley we'd be bowing down to our dinosaur masters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

RandomFerret posted:

BAD IDEA BAD IDEA BAD IDEA

It would only be bad for the British Penal Colonies, i'm sure 200 years of evolution of rats in Australia would produce some egg laying, venom spraying, web spinning, semi-aquatic uber-rat that would be good for... something.