Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Applewhite posted:

The Brazil EU which treats the "happy" ending as canon and Sam Lowry goes on further adventures battling the evil Ministry of Information.
This is the worst thing I've ever read.

and I read one of the Blade Runner sequel novels :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Goo'bl'e gobb'l'e, one of us!

And that 10,000 credits ought to pay our expenses!

Wedge's x-wing was shot down over Yavin 4. It spun in. There were no survivors.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I set you boys out here to scout our drat hyper-lane and I come back to see you dancing around like a bunch of Kamino-City faggots!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

P-Mack posted:

This is a joke. It must be. Every other terrible thing in this thread has been real, but not this.

sinking belle posted:

This is the worst thing I've ever read.

and I read one of the Blade Runner sequel novels :smithicide:

There had better not be a loving Brazil EU. I am not going to look it up so I can continue to think that there isn't.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

It was awful for the movie itself, but it was made/filmed very well, had a lot of fun moments and really created a very fun N64/Arcade game

This is more what I was going for. Nothing in the prequels is good as a part of a Star Wars movie but the pod race was the best racing scene I've seen since Redline and the N64/Arcade games were fun as gently caress (the arcade version even made you pilot the thing like in the movies with those big goofy handles up and to the sides). Never played the PS2 one, so no idea if it was good or awful.

screaden posted:

You might like this then. Greg Proops, one of the announcers in the pod race tells a very similar story about how he was directed for his scenes.

I was there too with Greg Proops

The best thing about this interview is that despite being hired for a Star Wars movie and having dialogue exclusively focusing on the podrace as well as the racers themselves, neither Greg nor the interviewer remembers anything about Star Wars. I can understand not remembering the name Ben Quadineros, but I had to cringe a little when Greg keeps talking about Princess Amidala and forgetting the name of Ewan McGregor's character in the movie.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Modest Mao posted:

at least the atlus shrugged trilogy had the courage to shrivel and die I cannot believe after phantom menace they went and let that gently caress make two more films.

They made all three Atluses Shrugged though

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

lmfao fun fact Darth Maul is still alive even in the new non-EU canon

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul#Legacy

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Booblord Zagats posted:

I set you boys out here to scout our drat hyper-lane and I come back to see you dancing around like a bunch of Kamino-City faggots!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

sinking belle posted:

They should have given his legs a cybernetic top half as well.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

They made all three Atluses Shrugged though
i will never get over the fact that robert picardo was in one of those fuckin things

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

drunk asian neighbor posted:

This is more what I was going for. Nothing in the prequels is good as a part of a Star Wars movie but the pod race was the best racing scene I've seen since Redline and the N64/Arcade games were fun as gently caress (the arcade version even made you pilot the thing like in the movies with those big goofy handles up and to the sides). Never played the PS2 one, so no idea if it was good or awful.

The arcade setup was amazing. To this day I still really want to get one of the 2 player ones and set it up in my den because it was fun as gently caress

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

sinking belle posted:

i will never get over the fact that robert picardo was in one of those fuckin things

TBF he was perfect for the role.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Star Trek ended one of its novels with a pie fight so I'd have to believe it's not nearly as up its own rear end as the Star Wars EU was before the great purge

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Lord of Pie posted:

Star Trek ended one of its novels with a pie fight so I'd have to believe it's not nearly as up its own rear end as the Star Wars EU was before the great purge

A pie fight would also not have been out of place on any of the TV series either.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Lord of Pie posted:

The X-Wing books always kept poo poo light unless Issard was involved. And a few of the "Tales of" books had stories in them that were just really long, round about ways to retell old vaudeville jokes iirc

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

sinking belle posted:

That's not what that say. Leia is feeling his force ghost

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

The X-Wing books always kept poo poo light unless Issard was involved. And a few of the "Tales of" books had stories in them that were just really long, round about ways to retell old vaudeville jokes iirc

Yeah, the best one has to be that George R. Binks story that Tony Millionaire did, part of which was already posted in this thread.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Booblord Zagats posted:

Proops is great but holy poo poo the interviewer is loving terrible. 6 minutes of stumbling over every word he says and trying to string together a series of name drops and terrible thoughts

please do not be rude to Matt Gourley

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

mr.capps posted:

please do not be rude to Matt Gourley

Dude couldn't pass a 10th grade public speaking class and he's a goddamed actor? Way to push the envelope of taste, Mr. Craps

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Don't make me your enemy, I will strike you down like I did to Dad Gay. So What

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

mr.capps posted:

Don't make me your enemy, I will strike you down like I did to Dad Gay. So What

I'm unlikely to get Adult onset diabetes and my issues aren't depression related, just anger, so really you'd need a deeper bench.

But seriously why would you even bother to memorize homeboy's name? Like did he give you a superlative handy at a "People who look like an uglier Bill Pullman" convention or what?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Booblord Zagats posted:

The Dooku abides.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I think we can all agree that podracing was the only good thing to come out of the prequels (except that gif of Ewan and Hayden spinning lightsabers I could watch that all day)

The only good thing from TPM is 'The Saga Begins' because now I never have to watch that poo poo again and just listen to Weird Al summarize all the dumb poo poo.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm unlikely to get Adult onset diabetes and my issues aren't depression related, just anger, so really you'd need a deeper bench.

But seriously why would you even bother to memorize homeboy's name? Like did he give you a superlative handy at a "People who look like an uglier Bill Pullman" convention or what?

he is just a funny comedian and improviser :(

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

mr.capps posted:

he is just a funny comedian and improviser :(

It's all good capps. I'm just havin fun with it. You keep on keepin on, alright buddy?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Applewhite posted:

Actually I hated the podracing and I think it was lovely.

now this is podracing

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's all good capps. I'm just havin fun with it. You keep on keepin on, alright buddy?

...ok

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Podracing scene was a great scene in an otherwise bad movie. The pods and their drivers all look unique and visually interesting, the sense of speed during the race is really solid, the crashes are loving insane, the sound design is amazing (Ben Burtt's work in making each pod have its own unique sound is awesome), and the visual gags are on point (droid sucked into a turbine, Quadinaros' engines rocketing into the stands).

The scene spawning a kickass video game was just icing on the cake.

Also i would make an effortpost about other franchises' EU but I'm posting from the Awful app, so I'll do it when I get home.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The Darth in black fled across the dune sea, and the jedi followed.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I read a couple Galaxy of Fear books. Imagine goosebumps but lamer and with Star Wars character cameos.

What the gently caress.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There is Ghostbusters EU in the form of The Videogame and the IDW comics. The Videogame plays extremely well and good but the story line is mostly retreading stuff and locations from the movies. The Comic follows the game and does (mostly) it's own thing and is cool and good.

Also there is a Ghostbusters manga if you can believe that.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

There's also a Ghostbusters novel that came out after the second movie, it largely reads like a movie novelization for a nonexistent third movie.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Light Gun Man posted:

There is Ghostbusters EU in the form of The Videogame and the IDW comics. The Videogame plays extremely well and good but the story line is mostly retreading stuff and locations from the movies. The Comic follows the game and does (mostly) it's own thing and is cool and good.

Also there is a Ghostbusters manga if you can believe that.

There was actually a mini last year that had the comic Ghostbusters team up with the Real Ghostbusters from the 80s cartoon.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Xenomrph posted:

There's also a Ghostbusters novel that came out after the second movie, it largely reads like a movie novelization for a nonexistent third movie.

It is my understanding that a lot of expanded GhostBusters stuff is rejected treatments for a third movie. Bill Murray apparently shot down a ton of them.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Really why isn't there just Ghostbusters: City tv shows like CSI has for like every country by now? Wanna watch me some Ghostbusters: Tokyo.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Light Gun Man posted:

Really why isn't there just Ghostbusters: City tv shows like CSI has for like every country by now? Wanna watch me some Ghostbusters: Tokyo.

There is a non-canon sequel to the first Paranormal Activity called Paranormal Activity 2: Tokyo Night. It's hilarious, because as soon as the smallest thing happens they're immediately like, "oh it's a ghost. You have a friend who can talk to ghosts, right? Let's get her in here and sort this out"

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Light Gun Man posted:

Now I'm picturing the ghost from The Grudge or Samara from the Ring scaring the poo poo out of some people, and then four guys with proton packs kick in the door and zap the poo poo out of it.

WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Xenomrph posted:

Now I'm picturing the ghost from The Grudge or Samara from the Ring scaring the poo poo out of some people, and then four guys with proton packs kick in the door and zap the poo poo out of it.

WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

Ghostbusters doing poo poo like this is part of the reason I love them

They see spooky ghosts, all scarin' up the place, and they just blast 'em in the face with science

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Light Gun Man posted:

This was originally venckman's idea but I'm guessing there's not a lot of VC's willing to dump the capital into building the containment units and dealing with constant lawsuits lol

Xenomrph posted:

WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

They couldn't catch Casper and his uncles

site fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Xenomrph posted:

WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

Yeah, exactly, this would fuckin rule. poo poo let's at least get a Ghostbusters VS Jason or something. There's a VS Freddy fan movie, haven't watched it though.

I feel like Ghostbusters is entirely too goddamn attached to it's original cast and I think the tech and the concept works without them. I guess we'll see soon enough though.

• Locked thread