Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

sassassin posted:

She's Sith and was lying to you. Congratulations on missing the point. Did you even get to the ending?

Wow look how wrong you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
New movie was good.
Rey is sorta a mary sue but who cares, its loving star wars, not game of thrones (which actually has a mary sue).
Finn and Rey have great chemistry and i want to see more of them and less of the old crew. bb-8 is the best, that thumbs up.

Now im going to :words: to people complaining about callbacks and references.

How to do it wrong- Remember how obi wan casually mentioned an old war called the clone wars?
Well it was a war fought with clones. And everyone was there, and its a whole movie, and those clones are stormtroopers.

How to do it wrong- I used to be a vault hunter like you, then i took a bullet to the knee

How to do it right- A character is digging through junk and tosses aside an iconic prop from a previous movie. No further mention or attention is paid to this item.
Nobody stops and says "well this is useless, i bet only IDIOTS would train a jedi like this" while looking at the camera and then winking.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Snatch Duster posted:

Lol what you going on about. ANH wasn't made after the clone wars movie holy lol

Kids these days yeesh

I was mentioning how 1 throw away line from obi wan in anh was turned into an entire movie because lucas has autism.

or is this that new trolling thing all the kids are doing nowadays?

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

420 Gank Mid posted:

Littlefinger?

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Bran? Jon Snow? Ramsay Bolton (well he's not likable but he's been getting away with everything so far)?

Which character has a super tragic past involving sexual violence (ok i admit not that uncommon in GoT), is the most attractive women ever, is loved by everyone she meets, has special powers nobody else has, and whos only problems come from being too caring or too nice or too understanding. Shes also the chosen one, destined to be the perfect counter measure to the looming threat, even though she doesnt know it yet!
She gets bonus points for having modern day morals to make her look even perfecter.
Also shes author fap material.
Edit- oh forgot to add that every time she is in minor peril shes saved by dues ex machina.

Content-

I really we get more TR-8R's or they flesh out the whole Finn's past thing.

I mean sure its star wars and again im not looking for complex writing here but he was in the new order for 20+ years and its not like they kept them locked in a crate off duty. He had to have some friends or people who grew to care for him.

Double Monocle fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 31, 2015

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Groovelord Neato posted:

i really wanna read it because the original treatment for Star Wars was ungodly terrible.

Where can i read this?

The more I learn about lucas the more im convinced he is the hollywood version of the classic "give your little bro an unplugged controlled to make him think hes playing too"

Double Monocle fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 31, 2015

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I bet he has an entire book series dedicated to him.

EDIT: Goddammit Wookieepedia. :cripes:

Leave this thread before its too late.

Much anger i sense in you.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Quixotic1 posted:

Just watched the newest video by RLM and after all their talk of budgetary concerns,I now have to ask: Does Vader have a salary, did he have insurance, and did he have to foot the bill after each visit to the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center?

I like to imagine everything mentioned in that video as a robot chicken skit.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
EU is such a cesspool that a game jokingly called the "ToR-tanic" is considered a pretty good entry into it.

Yes yes tell me how they fixed everything yes yes im sure its great now mhmm ok thanks.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Groovelord Neato posted:

the grey jedi are different than grey areas. we had a character in the originals and in the new movie who were struggling with where they fell, and one even came back.

it's not so much a dichotomy anyway since the dark side is a corruption of the force. the idea is that people are good by default and only something outside could corrupt them.

The reason kotor 2 is good is because it is written well and contains many interesting and fleshed out characters.

Digging your heels in and saying NO GREY AREA IN THESE WARS IN THE STARS is just making you miss out on one of the best video games ever made.

Also nerd edit- She doesnt really want to destroy the force, just create a situation which causes a contradiction in "fate", proving people in star wars have free will and arnt 100% predestined by some godly power (the force)

Double nerd edit- If you know this about her you have already ruined much of the game so good job i guess.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is why cd loves the prequels. the good guys were actually bad and the reason the bad things happened.

The prequels are 100% black and white morality though?

VVVV
ok that counts, but I agree its more the sad attempts of people to rationalize the mess of a plot the prequels have and 0% lucas writing.

ONLY a sith lord deals in absolutes :smug:
VVVV

Double Monocle fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Gutcruncher posted:

Anakin has to say something extremely filthy and inappropriate for children's TV, followed immediately by him looking straight into the camera and doing an eyebrow thing

anakin actually never fell to the dark side, he was just sorta a passive agressively nudged there by the jedi council after they got tired of him cracking boner jokes during their meditation.

• Locked thread