Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
look i'll fight anyone who doesn't agree at least 40% of clone wars was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

KiteAuraan posted:

was 40% the amount that was actually about the clones and fighting in the war? because that was p.cool. rest was poo poo.

everything that wasn't the droids padme jarjar or politics unless the politics was solved through violence.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
just wait till the next kingdom hearts game has a starwars world.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the clone wars just makes me want a tv series and movie series dedicated to cad bane.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

gohuskies posted:

KOTOR 2 is better than anything outside of (and maybe including?) the original trilogy

not as released you got to get the patch to fix that train wreck.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

Hopefully the new films will have a darker, more realistic tone to them.

they are making luke act like a women according to plot leaks, and the man in the story is hans daughter.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Wolfsheim posted:

The first person to correctly list the number of times boba fett has fallen into and subsequently escaped the sarlacc wins a prize

the prize is shame

1 time each?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

von Metternich posted:

There are star wars games where you have to GET OUT of your space bomber that is perfectly capable of blowing up ground machines as well as space machines in order to get into a landspeeder to do the retarded tow cable thing.

why don't they just make landspeeder droids whose sole function is to tow cable walkers?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

happyhippy posted:

You've seen the Roger Roger Droids.
Thats your answer.

yeah but i also saw the guard droid things with electric sticks that can fight jedi.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

1gnoirents posted:

"whats a star wars EU... wait i am 100% positive i dont want to know and nothing good will come of knowing it"

- my brain

none of it exist anymore technically so who cares.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

...of SCIENCE! posted:

has there ever been a star wars anime

pretty sure there are like 5 japanese sex wars movies

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Sombrerotron posted:

Princess blow n glow

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

muscles like this? posted:

The main reason Traviss got kicked out of writing Star Wars books was because she wouldn't/couldn't keep consistent characterization during shared series. She's also the type of person who didn't take criticism well and would have online meltdowns.

What is their SA username?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

a starwar betamax posted:

the answer is yes, 1 of us civilians is worth 20 of you because we arent bloodhungry baby murdering rapists.

the correct answer is it's your job to die, and you thought that was a good career move.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i can see how some nerds would get off on playing dress up then using it to act out their alpha man dreams, before being forced back to being beta bitches.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Tbh these probably aren't any worse than the NES game novelizations kids read in the 80s

anyone still have a full set of the robotech novels?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

blowfish posted:

oh and she kept babbling on about how the grand army of the space republic of half the galaxy in space has less soldiers than the army of glorious north korea
:agreed: unless you got drafted
that's the whole point of paying soldiers money instead of going to the gun shop yourself

if it saves money i'll just go to the gun shop and we can cut the military down to special forces air force and navy.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
wait what about the ewok jedi that got chewie a jeffersons star ship record.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"Well what does MY tattoo say?"
"Darth!"
"Sith!"
"DARTH!"
"SITH!"

i saw that in theater i mean, dude where is my car

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Soulcleaver posted:

The best thing about KOTOR is that it takes place so far in the universe's past that you never hear the words Skywalker, Solo, or Yoda. You can improve on Star Wars so easily if you just avoid having every single character entangled unbelievably with the main cast of the original trilogy.

i want a HK-47 movie that is just a horror movie where a senator slowly watches his staff get picked off one by one until he knows he is next.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Arcsquad12 posted:

The primary Republic Fleet was built by Rothana Heavy Engineering, a subsidiary of Kuat Drive Yards. They built the fleet over ten years to avoid suspicion, and all the ships were secretly moved after construction so nobody caught wind of their intent before they were deployed to Geonosis.

KDY does most of the public business for the company, leaving Rothana to do the private contracts. Once the war broke out however, they didn't need to hide anymore.

BlasTech does business with anyone and everyone. A giant shipment of DC-15 series blasters wouldn't be much of a surprise when they are literally the largest gun manufacturer in the galaxy. And with a tiny three million man army, who's going to notice that shipment when the Corporate Sector's loving security forces outnumber the Clone Army?

none of that was in the cartoon or 6 movies so it's non cannon.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Frostwerks posted:

lightsabers kinda played out. did any jedi ever chow yun fat about with a couple of blaster pistols, deflecting incoming shots with fire of his/her own? that could be different and cool. nope. laser swords only

hey now obi wan was really good with a sniper rifle.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Sunshine Mix posted:

Okay another question. I know they have traditional, bullet-using guns in the EU.

What happens when a bullet hits a lightsaber? Deflected (makes no sense to me)? Vaporized? Suddenly the wielder of the saber has white-hot metal flying towards them?

enlighten me

the heated side of the bullet propels the bullet away. science man science.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

dog buttz posted:

In Shatterpoint, a guy stumbled into Mace Windu's tent begging for help, but Mace Windu thought he was drunk and kicked him out. The next morning, he discovers that the guy is dead and that he had been begging for help due to the wasps eating his brain from the inside out.

what did he want winu to do put a laser in his head?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
shouldn't like half of jedi school be poli sci since they are intergalactic negotiators, shouldn't they have had the foresight to tell every senator that giving someone ultimate power was a bad idea.

Also why didn't they have like some satellite temples out in the outer rim functioning in case something happened to the main temple.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

RAGE HOLE posted:

They elected a fourteen year old "queen" so her constituents have to be pretty used to political incompetence.

planet run by ephibrophiles

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
anyone here remember how terrible KOTOR 2 was at release before it got fixed and how it was a giant pile of poo poo, like all EU.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

RAGE HOLE posted:

I still have never played the non-lovely not-broken version. It just hurt me so much the first time I finished it and in all these years I haven't let myself fall in love with it again.

i got it for xbox on christmas as my only present one year you have no idea how angry that still makes me.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

a starwar betamax posted:

he's more..... machine now.... than man....

don't make fun of those dudes that need the penis machine with a switch installed to get a boner, that's just mean.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
they need to make a jedi in the new trilogy a duelist that fights with a blaster and a saber at the same time. I really never under stood why they didn't have a blaster on hand how else are they going to easily kill a dude 100 meters away. Also you would think jedi's would pack a ton of grenades since they can use the force to make them go exactly where they want to.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Sombrerotron posted:

The answer to this is that they are bona fide space samurai.

except samurai loved their bows and arrows, and guns more than their swords. bushido was created in what the 1930's and all the samurai were essentially yakuza enforcers.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i want a jedi with nun chuck shotgun gunblades attached by a light saber whip. It has to have at least 6 arms or 4 arms and 4 leg hands like a monkey.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
does tripping the rift count as star wars EU since it had a sithlord clown in it?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Acne Rain posted:

what is a darksaber, is it a broken lightsaber

like you turn it on and instead of a light blade black smoke comes out

it's big black dick joke.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

muscles like this? posted:

Luke used a blaster just as much, perhaps more so, as a lightsaber in the OT.

he was never a jedi in any of the OT

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Fetus Tree posted:

those books ruled and are some of my favorite SW books

i didn't post in wrong thread.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

PostNouveau posted:

Did anyone write any books about that guy who said not to shoot R2D2's escape pod at the start of the first movie? Because that dude's a mega-tard and basically ended the empire with one idiotic decision.

he was a sleeper agent with implanted memories, by darth vader to lead to a noble death that would erase the harm that he did to the universe.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

RAGE HOLE posted:

Is that true?

if it sounds true then yes yes it is, i in no way just made up EU.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
wait i'm just checking everyone knows i made that poo poo up about vader right? The EU is so dumb that poo poo sounded plausible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i hope the new movies rewrite starts with chewie dropping a cinder block on hans foot so everyone knows why harrison ford is limping.

• Locked thread