Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jurgan posted:

Lucas actually referred to Disney as "white slavers." The hell? The term "white slavery" is ridiculously offensive, because it implies that enslaving white people is really bad, whereas other types of slavery are just accepted.

White Slavery refers to the Sex Slave Trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Jurgan posted:

Say what? Why do they call it "white," then?

Dunno, why's any word any word? While it can also refer to literally the slave trade of white folks, in context it seems far more likely that he's saying Disney is literally raping Star Wars.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Just started watching Clone Wars because nerds keep saying it's good. It's good.

Is Rebels this good? Is there a way to legally watch it without cable?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Applewhite posted:

Probably? I never played.

List of Starwars Games I have played:
Star Wars (1983)
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Rogue Leader for Gamecube (the best one)
Star Wars: The Old Republic

No Tie Fighter? Holy gently caress...

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I wish Tie Fighter were canon because it's awesome that being a rad pilot granted you sweet tats that the Emperor lightninged onto you

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

IIRC before the prequels Jedi weren't supposed to able to see the future (Luke in ESB excepted) but being strong in the force made their reactions so fast that it looked like they could to other people.

So could Yoda, and in fact he treats Luke seeing the future as a "yeah that's one of many cool things the force does" thing. The Emperor keeps saying he foresees things but who knows if he's full of poo poo or not.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I'm actually impressed by the head morph because I couldn't even notice it until I was looking for it. A more recent Adobe Premiere update includes this feature and it's pretty cool for interviews and whatnot to hide jump cuts without some b-roll. Just cut poo poo out, drag the effect over, magic.

The real head scratcher is why the hell was this done for the movie? Not only that, but the only way i can see this happening is if both actors were shot separately and against green screens. And being that this is a scripted film, why is face morphing being used at all. Use get more takes, it's not like George was strapped for cash and couldnt shoot a few extra takes of anakin brooding.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I read a couple Galaxy of Fear books. Imagine goosebumps but lamer and with Star Wars character cameos.

What the gently caress.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

There was Extreme Ghostbusters which took place after The Real Ghostbusters and features a cripple. It's better than it sounds.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Okay so Im several episodes into Clone Wars and I'm still unclear on something.

How come every time Ashoka and Anakin are in a scene together, Anakin has to say something extremely filthy and inappropriate for children's TV, followed immediately by him looking straight into the camera and doing an eyebrow thing? His bow-tie even did a goofy spin that one time. I'm okay with this kind of stuff in my TV shows, but usually there's some kind of explanation in the first few episodes why a character would keep doing that.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I think a padawan is specifically an apprentice at the point in their training where they actually go out alongside a knight/master and take care of business. Anakin was too old to begin the training, as in he couldnt be one of those dumb kids doing the lightsaber training thing crammed together close with those other children.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

"I wanna adopt the girl, my wife and I always wanted a girl."

"well I'll leave the boy with his aunt and uncle, he deserves to be with his family"

But why didnt the girl also deserve to be with her family? Is it because females are inferior and have smaller brains?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

In the Star Wars CCG, which all the lore text had to be approved by Lucasfilm, it says Owen is Obi-wans brother.

also I stand by my opinion that Decipher's CCG is the best thing the movies spawned.

• Locked thread