Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

enri posted:

800-odd unread posts in the 2014 season thread, worth reading back over it or is it going to be you bunch of sperg lords spazzing over Lewis Sham-ilton?

Nah, not worth reading if you missed the liveposting during the race.

Here's hoping they can salvage something...I don't see it happening, this is Alonso all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NtotheTC posted:

What I think we should do is a lottery system where we all enter, and get randomly assigned a 2015 driver and we end up having to write next seasons Worst Thread driver intro for that driver, and if you are anything other than complimentary you get toxx-banned.

Actually I think this is a great idea! no joke. I wouldn't want to get Maldonado, but yeah I'd be up for this.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NtotheTC posted:

What I think we should do is a lottery system where we all enter, and get randomly assigned a 2015 driver and we end up having to write next seasons Worst Thread driver intro for that driver, and if you are anything other than complimentary you get toxx-banned.

Mostly because I want to see learningcurve get Lewis Hamilton.
It's your idea, so do you want to get a driver to write a description for?

HJB posted:

Internet monkey bottoms are delicious in fairness.

On the driver write-up thingy, sounds good.

Same question to you - does this mean you want to get a driver to write a description for?

e:

simplefish posted:

Whoever we're trusting to put the OP together for next on-season thread, we can also trust to run an RNG to assign drivers. That way at least there's someone at the head of it.

I don't know what an 'RNG' is, but here's the list of goons so far who want to write driver bios: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18BeDKUTb0dRKDdVdtUo349RIq1so7ancp1kE9WpHpRU/edit?usp=sharing

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
the Google doc is updated with the names of all the goons how want to do driver bios so far!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

pik_d posted:

Add me up, and if there's too many for the drivers we can do the teams separately as well.

Cool. Added that in and a few 'guidelines' or whatver. I have no intention of doing the actual OP but am happy to help organize the bio entries and do the random draws (which will be truly random).

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

George Zimmer posted:

I'll go in on the driver intro

This puts us at 19 goons and only 18 drivers at the moment (that's counting McLaren), so at some point we'll have to figure out how to split up the team bios and the driver bios.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Lots of goons signed up to do driver & team bios: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18BeDKUTb0dRKDdVdtUo349RIq1so7ancp1kE9WpHpRU/edit?usp=sharing

We have enough right now to do the 9 existing teams, if Caterham & Marussia are in next year we will probably need more goons or some goons will be asked to double up.

If you guys actually want track bios then more goons will need to sign up, or some of you guys & gals will need to double up. If you only want to do one type of bio (e.g., you don't want to do a driver but want to do a team), post itt or PM me or something.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah it's not great, but there are a lot of bugs that have to be sorted out with a new engine/battery hybrid system to fit into a car previously designed for a completely different system. Could have gone better but it's a shakedown run.

Are the teams allowed to have a 'rolling road' setup at their factories, to simulate bumps and things with the engine running and wheels turning? Or does that even exist? Are they allowed a car dyno like some tuning & performance shops have?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Hey take it easy...he's probably old. Like, late 30's at least. Hell, I forget I need to eat sometimes and wonder why there's a painful feeling in the middle of my body.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Here's some Porsche926 antidote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P1QmCswql0

Supposedly Ickx/Bell's car and not Bellof's

I could watch this all day long...love it.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Holy poo poo,

keevo posted:

That Porsche sounds cool as hell.

but

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Too bad it looks like rear end.

But now when I'm pushing a trolley around the supermarket or biking to work I'll have to make not just the upshift/downshift noises with my mouth, but also the KERS and turbo sounds as well. That video looks like driving in a video game, with the car having so much more power and grip than the GT3 cars you're passing someone every half a minute.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

CratSock posted:

I am ashamed to admit I totally do this in my head while I'm walking through pedestrian traffic on my commute to/from the train station. And I usually take the racing line around the file cabinets in the office. :saddowns:

Don't be ashamed. Own your geekdom!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Because why not. He's at Dave Chappelle 'I'm RICH, bitch!' level

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Got to do a lap of Donington yesterday, a friend's father (Mick Hill) passed away and the funeral procession (complete with hearse & coffin) did a lap of honour in his memory. Taking the kerbs through the Craner Curves and the old hairpin in a bog-standard Renault Megane was fun! Best send-off ever.

e: the procession got in the local paper: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/FUNERAL-Ex-racing-driver-Mick-Hill-makes-final/story-25131736-detail/story.html#1RHZE3jxhzsHuKvM.01

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 4, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
They may be, but I do plan to watch the next America's Cup, the last one was pretty cool to watch, and FOM/FIA/F1 could learn a lot from the on-screen tech they use.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah it's a game of staying ahead of the rules, really.

Also it looks like the next America's Cup isn't until 2017...what the hell are we going to talk about in this thread until the start of the season?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
No one posted this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18gvIbKTzkg

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Button has a 2-year deal apparently, Alonso is 'multi-year'

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm so sick of seeing Lewis's severely inbred mutant of a dog that I hope Roscoe becomes a bigger star than Lewis.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Those things are pretty fun (Razor cart thing)...so LH gets a half a point back from me.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

krushgroove joins #TeamLH

Shoot me now

(I do think he deserved the WDC, I just think he acts like a twat a little too much)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Brainwrong posted:

Are you voting for The UKIPS next year?

How very dare you.

I think that fir tree at the Karousel is still there, I'm pretty sure it's in the video game versions I've driven.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Welp. So that happened.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Wow, you get a lot of stuff for the factory tour.

Pretty cool season wrap-up video by some youtuber:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWMWVtZjNXA

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Wallrod posted:

Oh right. I don't know why i thought that would've worked.

I think you can share copyrighted stuff, upload it as a private video and give the link out as you want (or upload it to LiveLeak or Daily Motion?)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
ha, 'SA in Manchester'

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Begall posted:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117368 - talk of increasing the size of the rear tyres, to something like the size they were in the 70's. If we end up in 2017 with giant tyres and 1000HP engines, it'll be a good year.
This...this would be pretty awesome. A possibly over the top but pretty cool way to drag back F1 fans who've left in the last several years.

Possibly Chicken posted:

I didn't have much opinion on him until now. I realized my mistake.
He is kind of a favorite of the thread.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Is a driver anonymous if you can remember their name?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
They survived the year, that's about it.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Happy birthday, Jense

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

simplefish posted:

I'm glad you didn't say "improving"

Also glad he didn't say "growing"

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Not familiar with that brand, are they considered as cool as Fossil or Diesel?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
My phone just tells me the time in words.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

1500quidporsche posted:

Did anybody else find the woman saying Gran Pricks slightly amusing?

Doesn't everyone hate anyone who mispronounces Gran Prix?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Norns posted:

People on reddit have terrible taste.

I bet they liked that loving Honda globe car.

People itt liked the Honda globe car.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
FFS. Rich people have no taste.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Looks alright to me. No clit-nose, either. The black probably helps keep things simple when detailing all the parts for the pod.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Danny Ric on Top Gear: faster than Lewis in the same car, not too shabby.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
As of last week, it was Lewis, Webbah and Vettel, before RIC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Just another good score for Honda - anime is massive business in Japan, Alonso likes anime, Button has a half-Japanese girlfriend, etc.

• Locked thread