Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I predict Button will get the boot and take up the reins at Tom Kristen's now vacant Audi seat in WEC.

Don't think we'll see Guttierez, Sutil, or Kobayashi again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Ferrari pulls a Ferrari and gives Mattiacci the axe:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116923

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

Ross Brawn to Ferrari e5

This would bump my passive dislike of Ferrari to mild support.

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot about Vettel

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I'm conflicted because I hate Horner, but love Dan.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I'll go in on the driver intro

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

krushgroove posted:

This puts us at 19 goons and only 18 drivers at the moment (that's counting McLaren), so at some point we'll have to figure out how to split up the team bios and the driver bios.

I'll do a team bio or a driver bio. Hell I'll do a track bio.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
To be fair, I've never heard anyone say they liked him for his personality. Know who else wasn't very personable? Ayrton Senna.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Ricciardo and Bottas for me. Lewis is great, don't get me wrong, but we all knew he'd win.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Fumble posted:

I read somewhere that Porsche were going to run a 3rd wec car next year so The Buttman could slot right into that.

McLaren are clearly sandbagging to hide the fact that Honda have been doing secret tests all year at their private test track with a top secret chassis McLaren shipped to them in unmarked crates - The worst off season thread 2013.

I think that's Le Mans only. There is a vacant Audi sear though.

Also lol if ya'll don't think Macca isn't sandbagging. Dennis the Menace is back and better than ever.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Ferrari is poo poo and not world class.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
That McNish crash was his fault though.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
If you're Tracy Krohn, you don't even need a prototype:

http://youtu.be/6IFu4cG4quQ

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

If McLaren announces their drivers by the end of the week I will eat my hat and buy a McLaren Honda one to replace it.

You toxxin' dogg?

Also, Bianchi was great and definitely had a future ahead of him.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I'd put my bet on them running under the Lamborghini marque. Why ruin the good thing Audi has going in LMP1?

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Brutish Bastards Burgle the Bull

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I won't lie, I can't hate McLaren, I don't know why. Maybe it's the history, maybe it's how weird Ron Dennis is, but I'll always kinda like them. At least I won't feel as bad if the Alonso/Button lineup is for real.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
It would be cool as hell if Massa retired and Mag signed on at Williams.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Alain Post posted:

He's really really poo poo.

Remember when Marco said he wouldn't do F1 until he won the Indy 500? That was a silly thing to say in hindsight.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I get why the series wants to focus on city circuits because of the whole green angle, but I hope they'll include road courses in the future.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Everyone watch this because it's extremely good. There's another video in a similar vein of Mike Hawthorne narrating a lap of Le Mans in his D-Type

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Mimetic posted:

Actually if he identifies as Simba in particular he might be fictionkin.

edit: I'm aware that knowing this means I have spent too long staring into the tumblr abyss

I'm a backmarkerkin that shares a headspace with a Minardi and an Arrows. Please do not shame these teams, it's very triggering.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

be nice wicka posted:

good thread, guys

It's the thread F1 deserves.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Dubs posted:

He's taken up boxing instead.

With his wife

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Yes, except that if I read this right, Honda will have to freeze their engine be Feb 28, whereas the rest can continue to use their 'tokens' for the rest of the season.

Ehhhh to be fair, they've likely been working on theirs as long as everyone else, but with an additional year to learn from everyone's mistakes.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Verslackin'

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Yeah it won't happen.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

dandaman posted:

Why not?? It sounds like a win/win/win for the drivers, teams and the fans.

Which is why it won't happen :smuggo: It's not like they haven't ignored all 3 of those parties before.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Formula E is so slow, though. It's like spec miata street races.

They've intentionally gimped everything for the first season. Once open development is allowed, these cars will be pretty quick.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Butt Wizard posted:

suspension failures drivers

What does this even mean?

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Brainwrong posted:

How and why?

Is that Sasha Grey on the right?

Not that I, uh, know who she is or anything.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I preferred Fag Boy Jim, honestly. That name had panache.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
This will be Fernando Alonso's last season in F1

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

CratSock posted:

Last season, or last season he wins WDC?

Last season.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Linedance posted:

He is going to follow in the footsteps of fellow famous Mexican race car driver Juan Montoya and get fat, race nascars in America.

Naw, Le Mans. Seeing him in NASCAR would be hilarious though.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

If this isn't in the 2015 thread, I'm reporting it.

Speaking of, the first test for 2015 has already come and gone, I think it's time for the new thread.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
If FI goes under, it will be the ultimate irony. I love you Vijay, never stop being who you are.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
FR3.5 has almost entirely supplanted GP2 IMO.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Human Grand Prix posted:

Both have actually done a decent job. GP2 does produce good drivers.

Ehh I kinda feel like FR3.5 is where teams are really looking for talent now though. IIRC Nasr is the only rookie who will be from GP2 this season. Sainz Jr. Is from 3.5, and Verstappen from F3. Mehri will likely get a seat next year, and Jaafar will likely be on the grid sometime soon as well. Can't really pinpoint anyone in GP2, but I admittedly don't follow it as much.

EDIT : swap Jaafar with Gasly

George Zimmer fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 12, 2015

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I'm not saying there aren't any good drivers in GP2, just that I see more rookies coming from FR3.5 and other series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Human Grand Prix posted:

What happened to Mayer?

Sold his shares in the eighties.

• Locked thread