Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

be nice wicka posted:

that's loving hilarious. ferrari are great. revolving door of mediocre italian businessmen. last time ferrari were good they were run by a frenchman and a brit. hmmmmmmmmmm

Mattiaci is done completely at Ferrari: http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2014/11/ferraris-epic-shakeup-power-politics-or.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

captainOrbital posted:

Man, it's got to be tough to work for Ferrari, especially as an Italian. I'd constantly have ulcers about the cut and fabric of my suits, the designer that makes my shirts, whether or not my shoes are good enough, the pattern (or lack thereof) on my tie, my haircut, my sunglasses, my belt/suspenders (braces), pinky rings, cigarette brands, ugh Jesus. It's too much stress.

If you were an Italian you wouldn't need to worry about all that stuff you'd know how to do it.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Sulman posted:

I think the last thing F1 needs at the moment is dogshit Ferrari, as amusing as they are.

Well, the 2015 car is supposed to be even worse, and they just fired Tombazzis, so...

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

RALF posted:

Not that I doubt that next year's Ferrari will be loving terrible (because that sounds likely), but does anyone have any links to leaks/rumors/theories regarding this?

The Axis of Oversteer post I linked earlier. And Axis is a pretty hardcore tifosi, he's not one to talk Maranello down unless there's something there.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

What is that supposed to display? It looks to be about the size of a tablet. What useful information will be displayed on such a thing, that cannot be better transmitted by some on-screen graphic? Or as someone said above, by just knowing driver helmets and the tyres? There aren't that many drivers, and there are only 6 different types of tyres, of which two you see very rarely.

It's copying the panels that have been used in sportscar racing for several years now that let you know what position the car is in.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Hey enri you should watch Alex Brundle speak some time. His mannerisms. They're the same as his dad. It's creepy. In the boring talky bits.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

The Croc posted:

Didn't someone die at Lemans this past year? Admittedly it was a freak the car littraly stopped in the barrier and compressed rather than dissipating any energy through losing all its carbon

It was last year, and it was a GT car (an Aston Martin which has an aluminium chassis and an engine up front).

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

aequalis posted:

. Hearing about all of Alonso's insecurities, and how introspective he is juxtaposed by the glitzy, flashy lights of Addis Ababa.

There's an Ethiopian grand prix now?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

NtotheTC posted:

I'm OK with any driver announcement tomorrow I think. Either Button gets in and seeing him up against Alonso will be a nice gauge of respective talents, or Magnussen/that dumb reserve driver will get in and I get to despise McLaren and laugh at their "future hope" driver getting destroyed.

I actually can't work out why Button wants to stay. McLaren have built complete dogs the last few years, and failed dismally to develop them over the season so they're even worse by year's end. Add that to a new engine and I'd be surprised if they manage to finish 5th next year.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

autism chariot posted:

If Nando had a neck he'd be the tallest there.

He does, you just can't make it out because it's now wider than his head.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Varsha is great. Leigh Diffey couldn't say a negative thing about anything in F1 if his life depended on it, and over the course of 2014 he basically made F1 almost unwatchable for me.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

that last bit is pretty ridiculous as FR3.5 has produced talent on par with GP2 in recent seasons

They've ranked GP2 as better than IndyCar which is apparently only equivalent to FIA F3. It's straight up trolling everyone who isn't the FIA.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Craig Scarborough wrote something for Autosport that takes a more practical look at that Ferrari concept and explains why it will never ever happen: http://plus.autosport.com/premium/feature/6390/could-ferrari-f1-concept-become-reality/?_ga=1.202706641.1546865961.1408733576

A shame as visually it's interesting, but how do you write a rulebook that encourages interesting looking cars as opposed to aerodynamically efficient ones? (hint, you can't)

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Butt Wizard posted:

It's really important we know Gary Anderson's desperately wrong opinion about everything.

He's never as wrong as Edd Straw, who's so invariably wrong he's probably one of the shitposters in this very thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Sussie Wulff. I would watch her getting rammed by Nasr, if you know what I mean fellas :smug:

You just keep posting this poo poo like one day it'll be funny.

It won't.

• Locked thread