Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
1. You can't get "S.I.M.P. Squirrels in My Pants" out of your head due to hours of playing Just Dance Disney Party.

2. You can only play split-screen games with the kids, otherwise they just slow you down.

3. You cloth diaper your baby in this.

(Available on Etsy, $17)

4. You have ever, even once, screamed "IN YOUR FACE!" at your kid after winning at Kinect Adventures!.

5. Instead of a stick figure family on the back of your car, you have Mario characters.

6. You've ever had "the talk" with your kids...about their poor gaming skills.

7. When someone says they're going to dress their baby in a creeper, you assume they mean Minecraft.

8. You can't wait for the kids to go to sleep so you and your husband can have a nice romantic night ski run on Kinect Sports Season Two.

9. On Facebook, you share more screenshots of your high scores than you do photos of your kids.

10. The advice you always give new moms: Invest in a good breastfeeding pillow. It really frees up your hands so you can play video games.

11. That moment you realize the kids are reading quietly, and you're still playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
first

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gas

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

lol

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
1. you hab a bajingo
2. u had a kid
3. u had a ness

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
didn't know Gamer Moms were such a hot-button issue in the Imp Zone, and you have my sincerest apologies for any ruckus i've started.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
what about gamer dad

son, i am disappoint... that you can run the 40 yard dash in five seconds but you can't run a game from a command line

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
12. you have children and you play games and you are female

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You own Final Fantasy XIII: Susan G. Komen Moms Are Tough Pink Edition

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You share your high scores in Candy Crush: Pink Lemonade For The Cure to raise awareness.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

ah, the imp zone furries i've been hearing about!

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

i wanna bone a hot gamer mom

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

gay skull posted:

i wanna bone a hot gamer mom

as the old saw goes, choose two

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

why does the gba drop its shoulder button when it becomes the sp. the sp had shoulder buttons too

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

oddium posted:

why does the gba drop its shoulder button when it becomes the sp. the sp had shoulder buttons too

because those kinds of shoulder buttons are not on the sp.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Moms are tough

Dec 26, 2012

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

VideoGames posted:

because those kinds of shoulder buttons are not on the sp.

no... no none of this adds up

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
You name your kid after a videogame

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Widestancer posted:

Moms are tough

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Widestancer posted:

Moms are tough

source?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kild posted:

source?

source: your mom was pretty tough last night

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

I'm an orphan???

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kild posted:

I'm an orphan???

:mrgw:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wow, if you're a gamer mom, be glad you didn't give birth... to an XBox!

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Think back to your childhood, what did the sight of this make you do?

Or sometimes you didn’t need to see it, just the mention of the “saturn controller” would make you stop misbehaving or at least consider stop misbehaving when you were a child. True? I should point out I was never hit as a child, not even a tap with the 2600 joystick. But it would be mentioned. My friends mother, in particular, was a big fan.

Fast forward 25-30 years to tonight. It was one of those evenings. I was tired and hungry and the house was a mess. The kids were not tired at all and making the mess. I put them to bed. They got up. I put them to bed again and went downstairs to make my dinner. All three arrived down the stairs separately and many times, like the clever well thought out triple tag team that they are, their mission on nights like this, to break me.

“I’m hungry”

“My pillow isn’t working”

” What time is it?”

“I’m thirsty”

“He is breathing my air”

“She took my book”

They just kept coming, statement, request, statement, request.

Eventually they broke me. I was playing NiGHTS. I had a 3d controller in my hand.

I ran out shaking it, straight from 1996. ” Do you know what this is” I shrieked waving it in the air.

All three of them were on the stairs at this stage.

“Uhh isn't that for dreamcast or something” was the reply

“Do you know what I am going to do with it” I shrieked

( I ralise I am not coverin myself in glory with the retelling of this, I was not actually going to hit them with the controller, just to clarify, I just thought the sight of it would automatically make them rethink their actions)

“are you threatening to play sonic with us?” piped up the boy

“are you going to try to make us like virtua fighter again?" asked the big girl

The small girl just rolled her eyes and walked back upstairs.

They had no idea what I was implying with my scary face and the waving of the peripheral. I decided against explaining why they were meant to have the fear of it. Nobody likes a story of violence against children before bedtime. Obviously its great the kids have no fear of being beaten. Obviously. I mean it would’ve been handy, tonight, if they just automatically knew when the controller is mentioned, mammy means business, like we did as kids and to stop misbehaving, but they don’t. Good. Great. I can see that now, now that they are asleep and the house is quiet.

Anyway I put the sticks away, brought them to bed, they fell asleep eventually. The TV now stuck on the proaction replay start screen for hours. I’ll get a reward chart or similar tomorrow probably better than threatening them with game controllers……….

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

crazkylo posted:

You name your kid after a videogame

...and this is my oldest child, Mount&Blade: Warband

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH:

EVERY TIME I DO, IT MAKES ME LAUGH

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

yieks

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kild posted:

I'm an orphan???

your name is kild, you get us kild, that's why we never put you in the party you piece of poo poo

v "moms are tough" is from final fantasy thirteen, right before the mom of a character named hope dies. then later everyone tells him "your name is hope, you give us hope" and it's what the game's writers considered one of its most moving lines. what the gently caress kind of imp are you

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 25, 2014

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

?

The White Dragon posted:

your name is kild, you get us kild, that's why we never put you in the party you piece of poo poo

wat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

• Locked thread