Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Happy Endings is really, really good. I'm not sure how I missed it when it was on but it's very funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wait what's wrong with hola :tinfoil:?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just make sure you give it a chance past the first episode, because hooboy that one's a bit polarizing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I read the book and felt about the same, so I guess they didn't deviate too much

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's what's cool about No Reservations, though. It's not a cooking show, it's a travel show, it just happens to deal with food a lot.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Len posted:

I just finished Better Off Ted and need something else to watch on Netflix. Any other good sitcoms slip through the cracks?

Happy Endings is pretty solid.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ExCruceLeo posted:

Is there anywhere that I can watch Modern Family? I've caught a few eps on t.v. and it looks like it might be funny.

If you're in Canada Shomi has it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

coyo7e posted:

The final episode was the biggest buildup for the next season that never came. We got a motherfucking tank!!!

Boy do I have some good news for you...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kaizoku posted:

What's the good news? The comic or is there something even better happening?

They made a season 2

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Age of Ultron just went up, surprisingly.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just seems very fast for such a big movie. You'd think they'd rather get some of that Christmas money

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

jodai posted:

Hmm, not showing up for me. The other half of the season for Comedy Bang Bang is out and it includes Reggie Watts' final episode.

Could just be Canada, but that seems even weirder

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

snergle posted:

isnt there going to be a punisher show? I thought he was getting a back door pilot in s2 of dd along with iron fist.

S2 of DD is being described and Punisher vs Daredevil so it sounds like more than a pilot

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

For any Canadians using it, Shomi just announced it's shutting down Nov 30th

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

wormil posted:

Thing about Lost is that clearly there was never a plan for success and each season is kinda seat of the pants. At times I loved it and sometimes it was frustrating but it had one of the best series finales I've ever seen.

They had a plan, but then it got super popular so S3 they started having to really stretch it out. Once they set the deadline and start racing to the end it picks right back up though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

food court bailiff posted:

There was some Scooby Doo episode I saw when I was hungover/possibly still drunk where they were running around with Johnny Bravo, it was pretty funny but now that I'm typing that out I'm not convinced it exists.

Real and owns

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

wormil posted:

Speaking of...anime...is not very good.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rolo posted:

Don't watch The Cave. It got all these stars on Netflix and initially has a high budget feel to it, but it's terrible.

Watch The Descent instead

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I started watching Release the Hounds last night and it's my favorite show now. Just pure Schadenfreude

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Stuck at work today so I checked out Bright, it's pretty good. Feels a little tight though, would probably have worked better as like a 3-4 episode series.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bright was ok as like a sunday afternoon movie but it wasn't anything amazing. It was also probably a poor choice to condense it into a two hour movie; a series or even like a 3 part mini would have worked a lot better.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Blind Rasputin posted:

You guys should watch Kantaro on Netflix if you want to watch someone orgasm repeatedly over Japanese desserts. It’s really quite something.

Literally? :heysexy:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We've been watching Dark and are nearly done, and it's quite good. It's a German show with a similar vibe to Stranger Things, but with more mystery. Has some good twists and I like the way it's paced.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

wormil posted:

I watched about 10 minutes and got the impression it was the kind of show with lots of detail and would require attention. I wasn't in the mood at the time and haven't gotten back to it. Was I wrong?

Kind of. There's some flashback type stuff where it's confusing if you can't keep the characters straight, which I found difficult at first due to them all having very German names I wasn't used to, but they do a pretty good job of making it clear who's who and what's going on as the show progresses.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just finished Killing of a Sacred Deer which just got added. It's real hosed up.
I liked it a lot but it's going to be devisive. Closest thing I can compare to is mother!, so I'd say it depends on how that one landed for you.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tagichatn posted:

Which service has American Gods? I'll watch anything by Brian Fuller.

Amazon

E: vvv hoo hoo boy, is there

Opopanax has a new favorite as of 05:55 on May 9, 2018

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Good soup! posted:

I just started watching Boardwalk Empire and made it to season 3 and I'm loving it

Good because S3 is the best

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Len posted:

Has anyone watched Lore? I used to follow the podcast and it was pretty much guysreadswikipedia.mp3 so the fact he got a tv is show

We watched the first episode or two, wasn’t great

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Len posted:

Anyone watch the reality show about people getting chased by hounds in pursuit of a quick buck? I saw it on Netflix but wasn't sure if it was the fun kind of trainwreck or the boring kind of trainwreck

I did, it's pretty hilarious. Bit hokey, but if you like watching terrified people go through a haunted house it's entertaining.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I hear good things about Roku. Chromecast is probably the cheapest/easiest option

e:Oh I missed the bluray thing. Yeah just get a console, best bang for your buck

Opopanax has a new favorite as of 19:50 on Nov 13, 2019

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If you subscribe to one of the Prime "channels" can you access it through Prime? I cancelled Shudder because it was a pain in the rear end to access it, but we have the Xfinity style boxes and can get Prime on there now, if I can get to Shudder that easily I'd probably reup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FilthyImp posted:

You have to access it through Prime a d subscribe from Amazon, but yeah.

As long as I can just get it through my tv I'll take it. Last time I had it I could only get it via Xbox and it was a pain to use