Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Some of the jokes reeeeally don't go over well these days, but mostly it's still super-charming.

That's not a knife mate, this is a dynamite fishing, Colombian drug dealing, bat guano sucking sniper mission and an Aussie ripoff of that fat middle easterner guy in Raiders. He's so incompetent. Watch out blokes here comes a stingray I'm going to hug it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Isn't most of that number 2? It ain't good.

Yeah i get them confused. It's been a while.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ExCruceLeo posted:

Yeah I'm at a point where they're not showing any Luke but I figure he'll show up later. He seems like he'll be a good fit.

A tight fit.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

1redflag posted:

Scrooged is easily the superior Murray Christmas movie.

It's possibly the best Christmas movie. Although the ending sags.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ryoshi posted:

Man are new Rick and Morty eps ever going to come to Hulu or what the gently caress?

They're on CN.

And there is another way

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

Ok sure, I'll check it out.

I didn't see Daredevil but have heard if you like the MCU dregs JJ is a good one. I liked it.

Gets criticized for being too casual about rape or something. Just too rapey? Didn't really like that part but it's a core part of the story.

That dr who guy is super creepy and Luke Cage is badass, and so is JJ of course.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

They added Interstellar to Hulu.

I never heard feedback on the movie one way or another, but I have to say I was surprised with how much I liked it.

Christopher Nolan makes good space movies.

As long as someone fixed the audio so the dialogue is audible and the explosions are not ear shattering it's a good shew.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

I marathoned Six Feet Under over the holidays, because I had somehow completely missed it, and was sort of blown away. Really excellent show. The finale wrecked me.

It's so good. Rewatched it for hols too.

Sia's Breathe Me for the epilogue was, yeah.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

I've seen through the whole series a few time and I've come to the conclusion that the Friends are really terrible people. Nothing they do is in keeping with any social conventions.

It's extra funny when you see everyone as the villain.

Whereas the characters in Always Sunny or Peep Show are much more honest.

Not even kidding.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

wormil posted:

So it's realistic. Friends was back during a time when I didn't watch television so I might check it out on Netflix.

It is not realistic to have a gigantic flat in Manhattan(?) rented out by marginally employed baristas.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

wormil posted:

Lots of shows have main characters living in places they couldn't possibly afford.

Yeah, I'm nitpicking. It's not even an original thought. Lots of people say that about Friends.

It does make me appreciate Workaholics, Always Sunny or Raising Hope a bit more though.

Not Two Broke Girls though, that is awful.

e: Malcolm in the Middle was also excellent for sitcom poverty

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

Deadwood is just the best, I may do a rewatch soon as well. I'm beyond excited for Ian McShane as Mr. Wednesday in American Gods.

Oh snap.

He only had the briefest of appearances on GoT :rip:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

wormil posted:

Stranger Things got a season 2. Same cast, more Upside Down.

If they don't cast some people 30 years older I am disappoint.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

Try The Knick, it's one of the best series in recent years. It's a different theme but it has some fantastic original characters and honestly I don't think I've seen a better cinematography in any series. It has 2 self-contained seasons but sadly can only be bought separately on Amazon or iTunes. Warning - it has a lot of realistic gore that some people may not me able to stomach.

I can hear that dripping sound from the operating theater in my head now.

Great show but it's not for everyone.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ryoshi posted:

Fight me you honorless whoreson.

I'm doing Laundry!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

wormil posted:

One thing I will say about the Tick is it is highly quotable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcm-J7lQT3w

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Len posted:

I started Galavant today and it's definitely good. You guys didn't say that Weird Al was a singing Monk though. That alone would have got my interest.

I started out with season 2 but it's pretty likeable. I'm kind of behind on the plot but they explain it fairly well in the first few eps.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

Woops. Them speaking Portuguese threw me off. The city looking like a São Paulo slum should have tipped me off.

Sources are saying that Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency is available but I can't find it.

If you're friends with Daniel Torr4nce he has a copy.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

Part of the point of this thread is that you're *not* pirating things, you know

I like my netflix and HBO Go accounts but people do use alternatives. Especially when there is no way to pay for something.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

food court bailiff posted:

I just finished Haters Back Off and the final episode made it even better than it was before in my eyes. It's like a punch to the gut that you know is coming but it still manages to catch you off guard.

"I have soft orphan lips"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

But its lead is mainly Character-actress Margot Martindale!!!

Agreed.

And for some reason this whole family that crimes together thing is making me want to rewatch Fargo.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Just finished OA and wow. I liked the ending a lot.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Time Chasers, Werewolf, and Merlin's Mystical Shop of Wonders all have coherent enough stories to not make your eyes glaze over.

I don't think those are on Netflix though?

I would recommend Spider Island which is fun for the whole family

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

The animation, of course, is way worse than Archer but I still like it.

It has Killer Mike, which is nice

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

wormil posted:

Fortitude on Amazon Prime is a mystery/thriller with outstanding casting, great directing and scenery, but poor writing. I'm 4 episodes in and it's good enough that I will finish it especially since I heard it picks up steam in the latter half of the season. I was getting a sci-fi vibe too and when I looked it up, apparently I was right, although nothing overtly sci-fi has emerged plotwise yet. I just wish it was a more straightforward mystery and story instead building the entire season around red herrings which seems to have become popular again in British mysteries. It's one of those shows where everyone's presented to the audience as a suspect regardless if they had any motive or opportunity. It's a soap opera murder mystery but is otherwise well done and might be worth watching to some people.

I looked up "damned with faint praise" in the dictionary and was reminded that dictionaries do not work that way. But so yeah I really want to watch this but feel like I'm not going to for some reason now.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Did anybody else see the Yahoo! original sci-fi comedy Other Space? I thought it was pretty decent but since Yahoo stopped making tv shows pretty quick it never got a second season.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

marktheando posted:

Yeah I've watched the first few eps of the new MST3K, definitely just as funny as the original, I think the people crying sacrilege are just looking at the original with rose tinted glasses. Not every episode was Manos, not by a long shot.

Soooo much Gamera

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

Bojack Horseman has become my background noise of choice after already going through it a couple times. Aside from it being a really good show, I can't go through it without picking up a stupid animal pun I missed before.

This most current duh moment was the nostalgic 50's diner with servers Marlin Brando and Lu-seal Ball.

The lightheartedness of the animal puns is a great counterbalance to the darker material which is spectacularly unfunny.

Like haha, a cartoon show oh wait did that just happen. What in the actual gently caress.

The theme gets stuck in my head so well too.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Forever_Peace posted:

They did a Song Exploder on it recently, really good.

I had never heard of this site but just searching it from your post I see Aimee Mann, Norah Jones, Sleigh Bells, Gorillaz on their recents so if they have any insight it'd probably be fairly educational. Thanks.

fake edit: everything on this list of bands is interesting to me and it's going on my short list of podcasts that don't suck

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pesticide20 posted:

The new season of Master of None is spectacular

Ooh did that just drop? The first one was so comfort food it was incredible.

e: it's weird to admit that I need to know what happens next with this show but here I am

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

The game of thrones episode is transcendental

I feel like there is one coming up for Westworld

*crosses my fingats*

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

No joke I have about zero brains when they aren't on google and i looked this up and finally made the connection

Same composer, herf

Buy his Westworld album it's dope

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

3rd season falls flat for me.

But Lincoln is also the main star of American Gods :fap:

Someone in sci-fi thread pointed out that Lincoln is Shadow and welp

I need to cut back on the de-greaser

Hope he doesn't get typecast as "that guy" who keeps getting the poo poo kicked out of him

e: i loves space 90210

syscall girl has a new favorite as of 08:38 on Jun 20, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I liked the 100
The characters (acting) and plot vastly improve after 10 or so episodes, pretty greusome for the seemingly early teen friendly vibes at the start. Some of the action is a bit unbelievable but the rest ends up pretty solid.

When Mike Beach (Third Watch) started being on The 100 it uh *heh* grounded it a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12uUvXnu-I

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I Brake For MILFs posted:

I'm enjoying it too, but the 80's style haircut Allison Brie is sporting in the show makes her look exactly like my aunt in the late 80's and it's just weird for me.

I've only got halfway through the first episode but yeah, the Jazzercise scene was pretty pretty pretty

I liked it too much

But Marc Maron is a decent guy and I like him pretending to be a misogynist

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

You mess it up by tying it to one of the most over-written and inbred franchises out there. You've gotta remember that Castlevania was begun back in the days when naming a character "Alucard" deserved you spoilering that it's actually DRACULA spelled backwards!

Most of the stories for most of the Castlevania games are incomprehensible garbage though. They throw a new Belmont in, add in Dracula's son and some other subcharacters, and then it's just a vehicle for you dodging vampire bats and whipping candles and using crosses as boomerangs. I'm sure there's a manga for it, which is mainly filled with darkly brooding male heart-throbs, who pensively brood, darkly. A lot.

Vampire Hunter D?

Anyways if you want a good show with Frankensteins, wolfs man, mummies and Draculas watch Penny Dreadful.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

I'll tell you why - because it's loving hilarious. I get what you're saying, it's also pretty cringeworthy but the gags make up for it tenfold.

It's great all the way through but it takes a real turn towards the end.

At this rate I expect Uncle Rico will to try to molest Miranda in the second season.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

Penny Dreadful was fun and solid until the final season, when they clearly had to throw everything into a bucket and then cement it into closure. It reminds me of Sliders, where it started off awesome but went off the rails a bit as it went. Also the dude.

Apparently they're tying up some loose ends in a comic if you're into that kind of thing.

I didn't see and maybe never will see Deadwood (and Carnivale?) because they both got cut short as well but I'd recommend Penny Dreadful regardless of the slapdash "conclusion"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

Brooklyn Nine Nine owns. At least the first couple of seasons that I watched.

I haven't watched more than a half-dozen episodes but Andre Braugher, Terry Crews, Eva Longoria :cmon:

And then there's Andy Samberg who I'm pretty sure you're meant to hate so he's doing a good job too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

wormil posted:

Every sci-fi series is compared to BSG '04, and every criminal enterprise series is compared to BB.

my first username on this comedy website was JustFrakkingDoIt (from BSG: Razor)

I never finished BSG though

never finished Lost

never finished Deadwood

never Finnish