Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

found a gba sp for a really low price on an auction site, pretty tempted to place a bid, but this one thing really made me curious:

the hell is the game inside? the listing is done by pawn shop or similar so no real description other than "tested, works perfectly"
please help fellow imps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

super Mario brothers

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

it's spongebob, hope you have fun!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's filled with spiders. Don't bid.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

for a moment i thought it will be this

but nah, the color placement in inverted

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
i feel like i've seen a cart with that color scheme before but i don't know what it was.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Didn't the NES/SNES games that where released on GBA have a red band on that side?

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

crazkylo posted:

Didn't the NES/SNES games that where released on GBA have a red band on that side?

no, besides, the classic nes series were in grayish carts

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i think its alfred chicken op

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

gosh does anyone remember the gameboy picture taker?

i always wanted one for link's awakening DS but I was masterrace that didn't have the DS version so .. ..

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sonic battle maybe

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Endorph posted:

sonic battle maybe

nope

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Checking the thread to see if anyone has solved the mystery yet. Will check back later.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I spent the last 20m combing through hundreds of pictures of GBA carts on google and I don't see a single one that could possibly be that. I'm stumped.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

buy it and found out what it is

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Endorph posted:

buy it and found out what it is

this, but also never tell us what it is

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

Checking the thread to see if anyone has solved the mystery yet. Will check back later.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I found an UNO/SKIP BO cart with red and blue colors but it was also reversed. I give up.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
This thread should be stickied to remind us of our inadequacy until someone figures this out.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I've got to loving find out, I can't cum until I do

-prob not a bootleg, most gba bootlegs have hosed up GBA logo imprints above the label
-not likely a 2-in-1 cause the red part is smaller than the blue but I could be wrong
-what is that a sticker of? It's a roughed up normal blue GBA SP which were very popular but not available immediately when the gba sp came out (I think it was sold from late 03-sometime in 05) and whoever owned it liked whatever that's a sticker of so we can go from there and try to figure out what kind of game he would like
-not a GBA video, those were all white

gay skull fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 26, 2014

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

:siren: FOUND IT :siren:

it was shark tale / shrek 2 euro ver

edit: I googled gba shovelware and found that particular combo game had the right color scheme so I googled that because the euro cart might be different and lo and behold. It's amazing how many gba carts have a red/blue color scheme where red is always on the left, there's some naruto game that did that too. Apparently only shark tale and shrek 2's combo cart did it in reverse

gay skull fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 26, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

well that was an anticlimax. loving shark tale

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

good work. searching for this reminded me how goddamn many gba games there were holy shiiiit

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

gay skull posted:

:siren: FOUND IT :siren:

it was shark tale / shrek 2 euro ver

edit: I googled gba shovelware and found that particular combo game had the right color scheme so I googled that because the euro cart might be different and lo and behold. It's amazing how many gba carts have a red/blue color scheme where red is always on the left, there's some naruto game that did that too. Apparently only shark tale and shrek 2's combo cart did it in reverse

I'm glad you can cum again.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Good work, imp!
Also,

PantsBandit posted:

I'm glad you can cum again.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I'll be honest, I was hoping this search would yield a hidden GBA gem lost to the ages, but instead it's loving Shark Tale & Shrek 2. Jesus.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mach2 posted:

I'll be honest, I was hoping this search would yield a hidden GBA gem lost to the ages, but instead it's loving Shark Tale & Shrek 2. Jesus.

whos to say this is not a lost gem

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

VideoGames posted:

whos to say this is not a lost gem

more like a coprolith: its a fossil from bigone eras but is still a piece of poo poo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

laserghost posted:

for a moment i thought it will be this

but nah, the color placement in inverted

This game was really fun

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The game is Shrek 2 / Shark Tale, OP.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Endorph posted:

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

holy gently caress thanks gay skull your a pro

thankfully it was sold for some stupid price way more than my last bid, probably someone else was counting on a ~hidden classic~
seriously, like 30$ for a trashed gba and movie license game

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Well this was kind of disappointing.

Dec 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

yeah. oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001