Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I have no problem with the trained velociraptors because I find the idea cool and I also have no doubt that they will be eating people by the end of the film. This is a Jurrasic Park film and there was a part in the trailer with one of the kids hiding from a raptor so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

FlamingLiberal posted:

That's pretty likely considering so few people were involved with/survived JP1. You could have Ian Malcolm as the TV crack warning everyone how stupid opening a full-fledged theme park is.

Something I noticed for the first time when re-watching The Lost World was that apparently InGen made an effort to discredit Ian Malcom and make him out to be a crazy person. The T-Rex rampaging through San Diego probably remains in the public consciousness though.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
There was a giant amphitheater in San Diego with a 'Jurassic Park' logo. Also, I assume that people inquired as to why there was a T-Rex rampaging through San Diego and connected the dots with both that and what Malcom said after the first incident.

edit: They also said they could open the park in a month so I presume that they were planning on opening soon and advertised their business.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
In Jurassic Park III the island is in control of the United Nations and people constantly bug Sam Neil at lectures by asking questions about Jurassic Park. That last part must happen in real life too.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Jurassic Park III is an odd film; it feels like a comedy and nobody dies in the last two-thirds of the film.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Yes, I am sure that the Hilton Isla Nublar Resort is going to be quite the dining experience. Ho ho ho

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

ozza posted:

Why isn't Chris Pratt using that raptor communication bone thing Grant used in JP3? Or was that movie just an in-universe Ian Malcolm fever dream

If anyone is dreaming it's Alan.

Also, that Pterodactyl attack seems like it is going to be a much more interesting and scary scene than the one we got in III.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The Lost World had that one dude get eaten by the T-Rex in San Diego. I hope all kinds of people get eaten by dinosaurs in this movie and that scene with the pterodactyls has all kinds of dinosaurs running in and out of buildings eating people forcing them to run out in the open to get eaten by pterodactyls. It's going to be fun.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Prolonged Priapism posted:

You're probably right. But I dunno, the second I had that thought everything else we've seen falls way more in to place. It's a twist, but not that big - it'll be in the first third of the film. Thinking about it a bit more, there's even a pat explanation for why they'd think one had killed the other - One I Rex bites out the GPS tag out of the other, maybe in a fight. The I Rex shits out the tag, or lets it drop to the ground, where it just sits still. They assume it's still in the animal, that the animal is no longer moving, and is dead. Maybe I'm only convincing myself, but it makes a ton of sense to me.

Having the park scientists examine a giant pile of poo poo would be another Jurassic Park callback so I'm going to assume this is true.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

RandomPauI posted:

I'm sorry, I just can't let something go.

Why have a military subplot in the first place? It pads the movie out but it doesn't add anything essential to the plot.

It is probably a sequel hook considering that Dr. Wu and the embryos got off the island safely also I'm pretty sure that Dr. Wu and Vincent D'Onofrio working together implied that the Indominus Rex wasn't accidently so lethal but actually purposefully made for military purposes.

Also, it allows for the second set piece with the armed squad fighting the raptors to happen, because they have to kill off the park's entire security team in the beginning to allow the I Rex to run as rampant as it did.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
If the T-Rex is the same from the original park, isn't it a bit awkward considering everyone should know that it killed a person?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

RandomPauI posted:

We've had one pitch for a JW sequel. Does anyone else have a pitch?

Jurassic World: California Adventure

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
After three park failures I think thats setting another movie on Isla Sorna or Isla Nublar is unlikely. The only reasonable excuse to go back to the islands would be some sort of ship or plane wreck situation strands a new cast on the dinosaur island.

Off island, the only two possibilities I can see are:

1. A nature preserve is hosting a bunch of dinosaurs that made it onto the mainland or taking care of dinosaurs that got moved from Isla Sorna because it was abandoned. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are working there because they have dinosaur expertise, but things go wrong and the dinosaurs run all over some American city.

2. Dinosaurs are being used to fight some war somewhere and Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are brought in to help for some reason like in Tremors 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
That is infinitely more likely but I think that Universal is making a mistake by going with the more ridiculous premise rather than just going with the more natural evolution of turning the Jurassic Park franchise into kaiju movies.

• Locked thread