Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

DNova posted:

If you have 8 bi-color (red/green) LEDs (and assume that yellow is off-limits because it's a cheap piece of poo poo from China and green is weaker than red so red+green=red) and you need to indicate a percentage change from, say, -3% to +3%, where -1%-+1% is the most common swing (think stock market) how would you do so?

Sigmoid and 1-sigmoid for outputs green and red and offset/scale it so that your poorly defined sample space is in it and it isnt just red all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

when I was a kid I took a class with fpgas and I was really impressed by how gross the hdl was (can't remember which)

when i moved schools I was really excited because they used the other one and I assumed that there was no way it could be as bad as the first

i was wrong as heck . i do software now

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

any of you lot ever used a photon for anything? this nodejs based embedded dev toolchain is the worst thing i've ever seen

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

is there a thread called your oscillator is a piece of poo poo or did i just make that up?

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

Bloody posted:

this is the rare situation in my work where power and size don't matter and cost definitely does not matter our current solution is like $200 per unit and we wouldn't bat an eye at hundreds of dollars per unit for a gigE thing

what kind of signals are you creating that can't just be buffered and sent like normal data?

i've been wondering for a long time why all your projects seem to be a brutal combo of gotta-go-fast and incorporate-a-pc-in-the-middle-for-some-reason

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

amazon has instances with fpga now

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

i'm really mad about your left-aligned numbers but awesome job on everything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

i used to work at a company that tried to break into that market with zero understanding of the context

they had the wherewithal to buy an s-mparameter machine but ran out of steam before anyone figured out how to use it (but after they had already ordered a shitload of fancy coax and connectors, of course)

• Locked thread