Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
one time i soldered an atx 24 pin molex to a PCIE socket to try and power a piece of hardware without needing to shove it in a case. it didnt work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
Taco Defender
i do poo poo with bad old powerpc cpus at work and i need to write up like the entire boot process for a thing. In general, when the power is switched on how does a cpu like this know where in flash to look for the bootloader?

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
Taco Defender
today i started writing code for USB communication on a microcontroller. i have to write to raw rear end registers and poo poo. its dope.

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
Taco Defender

Mr Dog posted:

bigass usb post

dope post. the chip i've been working with the last few days is slightly different though. There's no DMA. There's two registers I have direct access to (UADDR, UDATA) and then several other registers (most of which are bitfields for enabling/checking for interrupts on things like "a packet is ready in EP3-IN") which I can access through those two. Then i can read packets a byte at a time by (for example) setting UADDR to 'read bit' bitwise and the usb register number for the EP0-out buffer, waiting for the ready bit on UADDR to be set, and then reading UDATA to get my byte. Repeat 8 times for the whole setup packet. The chip has 2 IN endpoints, 1 OUT endpoint and ep0.

So far I've copied a bunch of example code from a the manual that makes the chip identify itself as a keyboard. I tried to adapt the code to make it easier to change into what i need (not a keyboard), and now it fucks up about 50% of the time (watching dmesg on the laptop I plug it into says it isn't sending the device descriptor or something). kinda weird that it sometimes works. maybe I slowed it down too much and it's timing out? god i hope not.

Illusive Fuck Man fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 6, 2014

• Locked thread