Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
for baby's first electronics project I'm going to be wiring up my apartment buzzer to internet via raspberry pi and then ideally going to an ESP8266 because I hear that it's the cool thing to do these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

eschaton posted:

depends on the embedded target

it can speak the gdb remote serial protocol and if it has support for your architecture/ABI/object/debug format (e.g. ARM, ARM ABI, ELF, DWARF) you can do an awful lot with it

yo out of curiosity how required would something like https://github.com/blacksphere/blackmagic/wiki

is this just adding an interface that you can already get elsewhere a different hardware option, or is it literally something that you couldn't do without it if you were trying to do remote debugging?

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
so I wanna figure out how to strap an ESP8266 onto the back of a cheap 3" solar panel - any recommendations for dirt-cheap solutions for boost converter circuitry/ICs? Linear technology's got a very nice module but it's $6 apiece and my goal is to be as comedy-cheap as possible on these things as possible

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
so is there a decent central resource for finding out about ICs are available on the market for a given task or is it just punching stuff into DigiKey and seeing what comes up? Someplace I can ask if I want, like, a non-poo poo boost converter that can handle like a third of an amp at 3.3v

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
3.3v out but yeah it looks like Adafruit/Sparkfun are good starting points for parts/schematics for the stupid poo poo I want to do

• Locked thread