Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
In the new episode he TWICE pronounces 'species' as 'speechies'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I wish Luke McGregor would stop making those weird, high pitched sounds after every sentence.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Luke McGregor detracted from his episode for me because of the annoying sounds he kept making, but I still enjoyed the episode overall.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Have Dave and Gary responded yet? Last I heard from them was 'we will respond soon'. I really hope they aren't dicks about this and they acknowledge that they are in the wrong. I love the podcast and I really hope this can be resolved somewhat amicably.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

PerilPastry posted:

Yeah, he's being a petulant moron about it. It's pretty pathetic.

Honestly when I first heard about this I kinda assumed Dave would be a dick about it, although I'm disappointed to be right. He's always come across as a bit of a self-righteous prick. I don't think he's the 'admit fault and apologise' kind of guy.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I don't think that response is very good. He still clearly has no real understanding of what plagiarism is.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Nah Canberra show was last night.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

TheFallenEvincar posted:

The weird thing about the Dollop is it's more of a history podcast for me than a comedy podcast. Like, I enjoy Dave and Gary, but they're not really like, stunningly amazing comedians I've realized over the duration of this show (which I do love). I mean they're okay, they're not the type of humorists I'd normally be listening to on a podcast. They just kind of do these clunky jokes about retarded people and the Irish and sometimes funny accents, very VERY basic poo poo, it's just that the premise of the show and the historical stories are just so great that it carries (sometimes) average to mediocre banter. I mean don't get me wrong, when it hits it hits, Dave and Gary have had me roaring in laughter before, but often I'm just like silently processing a failed meandering jokey joke of theirs and waiting for them to get back into the story.

Which is why I'm glad when it's a story I'd never even heard of like the Bayou of Pigs and a lot of other eps and less thrilled when it's like "Oh, Phineas Gage. Okay. Yeah, that's like all over the internet man." I'll check it out eventually.

I will say a great exception for me was the Toxic Woman of Riverside, because while that's a tale that gets passed around the internet a lot, I hadn't been paying attention to it "recently" enough to have heard any of those crazy hosed up theories/conclusions about what caused it and holy poo poo. :smithicide: It's great when it's a familiar story but with some new development you hadn't heard of.

Yeah I pretty much agree with all of that.

Edit: Wow. Glad I could start a new page with my fascinating contribution.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I love Stop Podcasting Yourself. I think it's the funniest "some guys talking about whatever" type podcast I listen to. But it seemed like they kinda struggled to get into the rhythm of The Dollop. Especially Dave, who really didn't say a lot. Graham seemed to get more comfortable as it went along.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

An Angry Bug posted:

Hell, I was gonna go congratulate them on handling it so well.

Same. I was really impressed that Dave engaged the guy in a civil discussion about it. They didn't come away agreeing in the end, but it was pretty mature and non-defensive all round from what I saw.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I've always found Dave to be obnoxious to some degree. And I say that as someone who loves The Dollop and was a huge fan of WTR. It's always been a case of the positive aspects of the podcasts slightly outweighing the things Dave says that grate on me.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah Dave was reading large chunks of some of the stories word for word from some website.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

dougdougdougdoug posted:

So, you're making fun of someone who overcame a speech disorder.

Nice one.

Agreed. It was a nice one.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

How about when he finishes a joke with an Ayyy umm!!

I like Wil Anderson but yeah this bugs the poo poo out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Dave is throwing a tantrum about Irish listeners complaining about Irish accents and he says they will no longer do any Irish stories.