Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Who is that one guy they've had as a guest a few times with a terrible nervous laugh? I don't like listening to that guy

Al Madrigal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lord Hydronium posted:

I forget the name, but I know exactly who you're talking about. It annoys the hell out of me too.

Also thanks for suggesting Last Podcast on the Left; I'm not into serial killer stuff, but conspiracy theories are extremely my jam, and the episodes I've listened to were hilarious and bizarre.

You might like "Stuff They Don't Want You To Know", "Thinking Sideways", "Generation Why" or "The Boogie Monster". The best of those four podcasts is Boogie Monster, two comedians who love conspiracy theories just drinking and talking about it. However, don't tell Nuebot, because they spend a good 40 minutes every episode talking about doing standup comedy, good food they've eaten, recipes, LA life, what it's like being on the road, or similar things. But all four of those podcasts hit conspiracy theories, weird events, and true crime stuff that isn't serial killer focused.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I love MFM but I'm not some spergy weirdo who needs everything to be on-topic all the time. I enjoy their personalities. I'm also not repulsed by the sound of women's voices. It does annoy me a bit when they're blatantly reading directly from Wikipedia, though (Georgia is especially guilty of this).

I tried listening to Last Podcast on the Left (I chose the Fred & Rosemary West episode) and it was brutally unfunny. That's like morning zoo crew poo poo.

To each his own, yadda yadda.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

TontoCorazon posted:

Al Madrigal?

Luke McGregor. I've heard entire podcasts where he keeps it together but he often gets nervous

dougdougdougdoug
Jun 10, 2016

prefect posted:

Aw, hell. Don't tell me he's mispronouncing "gif". :ohdear:

He said on Walking The Room he's pronouncing it the way the guy who invented gif's is.

You're being trolled.

dougdougdougdoug
Jun 10, 2016

rotinaj posted:

The most horrifying thing about this new Dollop so far is that Dave uses a Zune.

Zoom. It's a recording device many podcasters use.

dougdougdougdoug fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 30, 2016

dougdougdougdoug
Jun 10, 2016

He discussed on Reddit that he had a speech disorder as a child and it led to him incorrectly pronouncing some "s" words.

So, you're making fun of someone who overcame a speech disorder.

Nice one.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

dougdougdougdoug posted:

Zoom. It's a recording device many podcasters use.

Yeah. Don't triple post, we already covered that correction.

Berkeloid posted:

I haven't heard the most recent episode yet, but I'm guessing he actually said Zoom.

rotinaj posted:

I retract my horror. That makes a lot more sense.

dougdougdougdoug
Jun 10, 2016

rotinaj posted:

Yeah. Don't triple post, we already covered that correction.

Cool. It's a zoom.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

dougdougdougdoug posted:

So, you're making fun of someone who overcame a speech disorder.

Nice one.

Agreed. It was a nice one.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
HUEY
LONG
DID
NOTHING
wRONG

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Making a Human Worm. Netflix can make it happen.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

on relistening to the Tischborne Identity, i just realized something (maybe its because none of them commented on it at the time), but near the beginning of the story Tom showed his pipe to Gibbs that had "RTC" scratched on it to show he was Roger Tischborne. Which means that his pipe had TC scratched into it (Tom Castro) and he just loving added an R in front and I guess Gibbs didn't stop to ask what the C stood for

theres no way Gibbs wasn't totally in on it the whole loving time. pretty much everyone played that family for suckers

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

As a resident of Oregon, that is not how you pronounce Willamette.

Or Yachats.

MinorRed fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 7, 2016

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
what was the "I should be underwater" joke in the tichbourne episode, is it a reference or something.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dave is gonna get some great material in the next four years.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

rotinaj posted:

We got some really great comic books and musical bands in the early eighties.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

rotinaj posted:

Ugh, I may have to skip their hot takes on politics in the next few episodes.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What was the episode where "figuring it out" became a euphemism for banging?

EDIT: New Australia, found it!

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 12, 2016

dougdougdougdoug
Jun 10, 2016

Lord Hydronium posted:

Ugh, I may have to skip their hot takes on politics in the next few episodes.

Maybe you shouldn't since Dave's been one of the only completely spot on people in this election. He 100% called this and explained exactly what just happened back in April on TOFOP

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Tylenol was a wild, loving incoherent ride from beginning to end, holy poo poo.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
And today's episode of My Favorite Murder covered it too! :D

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Ohhhh, boy, today's Dollop. The parallels were obvious throughout but right about the 50 minute mark I genuinely started feeling ill.

Luckily that's right near the end, so it was obvious that the downfall was going to come hard and fast. But that didn't make any easier to swallow.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I just got out of the live dollop in San Francisco and boy is it a doosy. NSFW

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Billy Gnosis posted:

I just got out of the live dollop in San Francisco and boy is it a doosy. NSFW

The Portland one was really good, though I think they were all a little punchy from driving from Seattle to Portland. (Funny how they booked their tickets to arrive at 9:30pm for an 8:00pm show...)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Seattle crowd is pretty terrible. They LOVE shouting poo poo out. This congressman Zioncheck is totally nuts, though. I wonder what happened to him to make him snap.

Edit: Dave gets into it at the end and it deflated the crowd like crazy, haha.

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 28, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

rotinaj posted:

The Seattle crowd is pretty terrible. They LOVE shouting poo poo out. This congressman Zioncheck is totally nuts, though. I wonder what happened to him to make him snap.

I'm only in the first half of the show, but the crowd is too loud and the people on stage are too quiet. Too much noise from my car and I wind up missing stuff. :qq:

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

oh my god the penguin/seal/animal holocaust one is the worst/best

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I'm guessing the audio quality won't get better, not listening to this crap. Why even bother uploading this.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I thought it was a funny episode and glad that I downloaded and listened to it so that's probably why they uploaded it.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
It's not one of the top 50 episodes, and it's random as hell, but it was still pretty funny. The screeching halt end to the story was worth the listen.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

mike12345 posted:

I'm guessing the audio quality won't get better, not listening to this crap. Why even bother uploading this.

Are you one of those mythical creatures with ultra-sensitive ears who incessantly complains to podcast hosts about their audio quality and equipment? I didn't think you actually existed!

As long as I can make it out and there isn't horrific interference like the first quarter of the Dole Plane Race episode it's completely fine with me.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

seriously it sounds like a mic in the back of the room. I realise the guys are funny, but come on.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I may have to make a Zioncheck Zipper or two this weekend.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Was that episode recorded by some dude in the audience with an iPhone?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I thought the audio quality was fine after the first 10 minutes or so, but that opening really was abysmal.

Great story all around, and yeah, I'm picking up some rye whiskey and honey this weekend. Ain't makin' no sissy drinks.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Yeah the quality gets bearable after a few minutes. At first you can't have the volume up enough to hear them without getting deafened by the crowd.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Guy Goodbody posted:

Was that episode recorded by some dude in the audience with an iPhone?

How Did This Get Made did this once, you should never do this.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I listened to How Did This Get Made once, you should never do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I listened to How Did This Get Made once, you should never do this.

:confused:

It's a good podcast.