Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

The Prince of Swindlers episode blew my mind when I realized that Richard C. Foster was the Elon Musk of the 1800s. Time is a flat circle and all of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Did Dave delete his Twitter? I noticed he hadn't been tweeting and then I did a search and I'm not seeing his account coming up at all.

https://twitter.com/notahotcommie/status/1341880585397149698

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yeah. Still gonna miss his tweets though.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I feel the same way honestly.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Live Dollop loving owns so far.

EDIT:

OMG this is incredible. This is the best one they've done

EDIT:

I'm dying right now.

EDIT:

If you have ever been interested in watching a live show I HIGHLY recommend this one. It's about the Erie Canal Soda Pop Festival. It's an attempt at Woodstock in 1972 that turns into the Gathering of the Juggalos. It's hilarious.

Is that one of the ones they don't save? If so, that's disappointing because it sounds really funny.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Fair enough but it gets on my nerves.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

How? Like Biden ain’t great but he is at least doing way better than I expected.

I would say the administration has done an admirable job of spinning itself as being better than Trump, but when you look past the fresh coat of paint and the new facade, everything is still rotten and falling apart.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

stealie72 posted:

Anyone who thinks biden isn't better than trump is at best being obtuse, and at worst shouldn't have been allowed to graduate 8th grade.

For what it’s worth, I wish you were right.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

lol at the little HUAC committee forming in this thread

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Action park is pretty great for a non baseball episode.

The more recent one about the man who invented the uh, “self milking machine” for lack of a better word, was also pretty great.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

any good animal ones of late? those are always hosed up.

"The Frog Man" is pretty good. Its about the many failed attempts to set up frog farms.

There is also the locust episode if you missed that one.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah what are the funniest ones for the past year or two? I've also fallen off regular listening because of all the doomposting, I just want funny dumbasses making jet packs.

Yeah, I think it was getting to him too. There have significantly less stories about Anarchist protestors getting crushed by the state. There have been some pretty good baseball ones recently. The San Jose Bees and Frank Verdi were pretty good. Cocaine Pirates was also amazing. I haven't listened to the A-Team, but it looks interesting.

So far, the funniest ones seem to be the live dollop episodes, especially the one about the DnD Panic, The Erie Canal Soda Pop Festival, and the Miami Aerospace Academy.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 8, 2021

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the live ones or any where they have guests is good. also their trash toons show is funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0QeMMvjZfM&list=PLKJCjW0JdOt4XYfOdX7DZOC312sB9qLY2&index=19

Barkies seriously kind of freak me out. I can't believe that was actually a loving genre. I feel so sorry for those poor dogs.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

My podcast app has now twice deleted my back episodes of the show. It's only doing this to The Dollop specifically. I have no clue what's causing it.

hmmmmm.......

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Lol Dave and Gareth are gonna be replaced by Snatchers.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

The Frank Sinatra in Austrailia episode is pretty loving amazing.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

It's still funny that the United States Government seriously considered giving Frank Sinatra a military evac off of the roof of a hotel just so he wouldn't have to apologize for anything ever. God, what a loving baby.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

It's the Stargate SG-1 music that really makes that first one.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Offler posted:

Seconded! It's the first episode in over a year (i think) that I immediately had to relisten to. I think I listened to it three times in about a week, something I haven't done in a long time. Garreth's Sinatra voice never gets old "BAY-BEE!"

It made me laugh because it’s basically just a slightly modified Rodney Dangerfield impression.

EDIT: super super beaten

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 27, 2022

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

is it less preachy than modern dollop episodes?

It’s even MORE PREACHY

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

The Peccadillo posted:

Murder's the right word, dude knew exactly what he was doing and how hosed it could go, threatened to fire and blackball people who piped up about it and hid the kids whenever external concerns were raised. And then promoted the movie as a lasting testament to the two kids at their memorial service

Interesting man!

His son is really great too!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

I wonder if Pierce ever realized that what he did as President probably helped more to contribute to an inevitable Civil War than prevented one?

I assume he was took drunk later to care.

They never think it’s their fault. It’s just everybody else being unreasonable.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I loved Elon part 1 more than I thought I would!

Gareth constantly dunking on Dave's surfing hobby was pretty funny.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

Just look at this thing. It's loving crazy
http://www.danbaines.com/blog/john-murray-spears-mechanical-messiah-discovered-in-colorado-attic/3/7/2019

Also, I hope they do a Ben Franklin episode so we can finally find out if he was or wasn't president.

Dave called him the Elon Musk of the 1700's so I am kind of looking forward to an episode

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Doomers are real bad dudes someone should send those fuckers to Guantanamo bay for terrorism

Making me sad is terrorism

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I get that, but enforcing false mandatory optimism on everyone isn't a solution either.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 10, 2023

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I found one of the rare photos of Lisa Frank on the internet and uh…boy does she have an intense stare

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Froghammer posted:

Imagine being screamed at by this woman

I can. it's really easy to imagine that actually. Same with her husband, who looks exactly what you would imagine he would look like. I feel sorry for the people they had to work for them, but like Gareth can't help laughing every time I see Lisa Frank artwork now because this is the poo poo they were going psycho over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

LonsomeSon posted:

Yeah nothing ever got nailed down but one of the things he talked about was to try and create places where people could even just talk to each about fear and grief around oncoming biosphere collapse without worrying about getting argued with, or spilling baggage onto the un- or semi- willing.

But a community based around just fear and/or grief isn’t self-sustaining, and I don’t know if anyone has ever lived who could be a prime mover for such a group, even for a few months much less indefinitely.

Yeah it is. There are plenty of communities based around fear and grief. You're posting in one of them!