Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
Policía de la ciudad. "Proteger y servir" "to protect and serve"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFRUdeOksG8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
More poo poo from the "violent protesters"

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
47 Fernández 32 Macri

Crushing defeat

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
Vos decís que va a poder dar vuelta 15 puntos de diferencia?

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

Cup Runneth Over posted:

lol glanced at a Bloomberg article for the election

"Market-friendly Macri restored international credibility in Argentina by reneging on all of his economic premises and plunging Argentina into horrific unemployment and skyrocketing inflation"

Its a mistery why the people didint vote for him.

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

Que caripelas.

3 empanadas for 2 people...

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

i bought dollars today ama

How many? did it hurt?

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Wonder if Macri is gonna burn argentina to the ground now that he knows he's on the way out.

ftfy

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

bagual posted:

macri and menem, intelligent honest non-peronists :downsgun:

Menem was a peronist, Macri called himself peronist a couple of times.
Everybody is peronist!

*Ophra's voice*

"You are a peronist, you are a peronist! Everybody is peronist!!!"

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

Venomous posted:

Question: what is Argentina's local fascist party, and what is their level of support at the moment? Because I have a feeling that when Fernández fucks everything up in the next four years, nobody will trust Macri's neoliberals again, and their support will skyrocket.

Alternatively, what are the chances that Macri's neoliberals will do a Boris and adopt said local fascist party's policies wholesale?

Biondini, our facist edgelord only got 0,24% of the votes. There is no chance of a facist gov.

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
Our benevolent leader just annunced some measures to mitigate the loving explosion of his goverment:

a 2000 pesos bonus to workers (about 30 bucks)
an extra 2000 pesos if you pay an earning tax.

This is hilarious, I lost about 30% of my salary value, but thank god they gonna give me 30 bucks.

MACRI CHUPAME BIEN LA PIJA

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

Plutonis posted:

So how bad things will get when the Peso reaches 100:1

This is the feeling right now

when it reaches 100 it goes back to 1. Right? please?

:shepspends:

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

Freezer posted:

Haha you're right, wow. I was expecting more price inertia. The dumb wooden dishes I wanted to buy are 8% up from Monday. Stupid mercado libre Arg won't accept foreign cards!

So, umm, how long until salaries rise 30% to match?

About a year depending on the union you belong. Last month i got a 10% raise, that didint cover the last 6 months of inflation.

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
Let me tell you a sad tale:

When I started working (about 8 years ago) my salary was close to 1000 dollars.

After 8 years and several raises in the same company. My salary is worth 640 dollars.
(Way above the minimal wage)

Mauricio, ojalá te de cáncer de huevos y sufras todo lo que le hiciste sufrir a la gente.

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

ArfJason posted:

Maybe personal but profession? Thats ounds like ingeniero en sistemas

Im a psychologist working as an accountant in an hmo.

I wish i was in IT

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

Doctor Jeep posted:

how did you make the switch from psych to accounting, finished another degree? or took some kind of course?

When you enter high school you can choose different orientations, one is accounting. I'm a "Perito Mercantil"
I started working here to support myself while studying, when I graduated it became difficult to start my own practice, and soon after macri happend. I can't leave a work that pays moderately well and have health benefits, less now that my wife is preagnant.
I now have my own practice, but it doesn't generate enough money to support a family.

I always failed accounting subjects. but it turns out that in the end I can perform quite well.

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

Transient People posted:

He's a cfk puppet lol

Nobody believes otherwise

They said Nestor was Dhualde's puppet... and look how it turned out.

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
Bless our god-emperor Alberto. May he lead us to the golden path

Edit: also

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
CHAU GATO!!! ANDATE BIEN A LA CONCHA DE TU VIEJA!!!

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

Polidoro posted:

Have you seen current Argentina?

Currently on fire... The guy that got More votes in the election Is an incel and uses a medium to talk to His dead dog.... So yeah, everything Is cool.

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

Mr. Nemo posted:

What a country (Argentina)

1 day in argentina= 30 years in any other country

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/26/argentina-bts-k-pop-victoria-villarruel-javier-milei?s=08

Best country ever

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
https://twitter.com/el_pais/status/1718251518544183404?t=kFOcDARVEV-RECjGUa7a1w&s=19

Milei looking mad..

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
Meanwhile in Argentina, Milei imposed a series of economic measures.
In his campaign he said that the adjustment was going to be paid for by the political caste.
On Tuesday they announced that they are withdrawing subsidies from services and transportation, devaluing the dollar by 114%, and increasing taxes on services in dollars.

All measures that destroy the middle and lower class.
In the end the middle and lower classes were the enemy.

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
Milei has just issued a decree with 30 points. Among them, it repeals laws that regulate the prices of private health care, frees the purchase of land for foreigners, allows the privatization of state companies, repeals the law that protects against the indiscriminate burning of forests, eliminates control over rental prices. and basic foods, modifies labor laws and compensation. In my neighborhood at least people are starting to protest.

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
Today the fuel went up for the third time since Milei's mandate began. They are also raising taxes on independent workers.

gently caress this poo poo goverment

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

mobby_6kl posted:

How much does it cost now? This page says $0.8/l which is :lol: probably shouldn't have been subsidizing fossil fuels

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Argentina/gasoline_prices/

If you take the price of the official dollar, it is approximately 1 usd/l. In the parallel dollar 1.20 usd/l but you also have to take into account how much the minimum wage is in Argentina: Approximately 160usd. A month ago with a minimum wage you bought 400L, now you buy less than half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™

mobby_6kl posted:

Could we get an update from the Argentinian goon(s) on the ground?

Things are getting complicated, Milei is dedicated to antagonizing absolutely all the governors of the different provinces, in this last week, a "debt" was collected for the money that had to go to the province that is the main oil producer. In response, the governor of the province told him that if he did not transfer the funds, he was going to stop the production of gas and oil.
And the president, in his immense wisdom, decided to respond by retweeting a photo of the governor with his features photoshopped to make it look like he has down syndrome.

This was last friday.

To exemplify how bad everything is going, in December I hired a health service, 87,000 pesos. Today the invoice for March arrived for 220,000 pesos. almost 300% increase in 3 months.