Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

Fat Lowtax posted:

The guy who broke the story fled the country to Israel and was apparently tracked by spies.

Is it just assumed that this is never going to be solved?

Bear in mind that this is the kind of poo poo that happens in my country:

For those unaware, that's the official Twitter account from the Presidential Palace. The Tweet was also shared by other state agencies and such.

:laffo: :laffo:

He fled to Israel from Uruguay so that he didn't had to take an Aerolineas Argentinas flight. Of course, those aligned with the govt. are saying that he's a zionist pig alligned with mossad and all that kind of bullshit you'd expect from the shitbrains that keep supporting these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Regarding the Nisman debacle. The President went on TV for about an hour during primetime. The important statement is that the Secretariat of Intelligence is going to be disbanded and replaced with a "Federal Intelligence Agency", which will have some of its powers transferred away to other institutions, and will have more oversight from Congress and the Judicial branch in general. Whether any of this will actually work out as promised or whether it will just be a shell game of shifting spies around is anyone's guess. She also spoke at length about her theories at to what is going on with the case, and those bits were rather sad really. Its just conspiracy theorycrafting at this point and no different to what people are just sitting around saying on tv (or at a bar or whatever, given the elaboration the level of evidence presented). Obviously the opposition has taken the opportunity gladly and they're running all over the place saying how poo poo the speech was etc.

Basically this:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Azran posted:

Ali Express, I'd bet.

As an aside, it's pretty funny whenever I go to my uni's social sciences floor, because it's full of outright Marxist analogies, slogans and even some anti-Israel posters here and there. After doing a lot of reading on North Korea and Stalin's USSR, some of these are way too funny because they are SO similar.

I remember our local commie party had a huge banner that featured Mao, Stalin, and Che Guevara back in the 2007 elections. :laffo: Good times.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

hecko posted:

Azran: De donde sos?

Off topic, but in case anybody wants to see the reality through the eyes of a schizo, http://laverdadnopuedeserignorada-02.blogspot.com.ar/

Here, have some Borda-level Timecube poo poo http://eldiablociaonu.blogspot.com.ar/?zx=a02077879376046d

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

In a 100% related note: I listened Mala Fama's "Ritmo y sustancia" unironically. They're truly The Doors of cumbia villera.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Apparently there was a 4 hour speech today. Did anybody catch it? :rolleyes:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Long time yes-man with nothing but a high-school degree and two decades experience of political cocksucking gets named embassador, earns $60k a month, is unashamedly proud of it. :shepface:

Future Days fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 26, 2015

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

TheImmigrant posted:

How do you Brazilians feel about being classified as Latin Americans?

Portuguese is a Romance language, though, so vOv.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Latin America general thread: Is there a provision in the constitution for Congress overriding a presidential veto?

latam_pol.txt

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

TheImmigrant posted:

Honduras is hosed. I had to meet clients in San Pedro Sula just over a year ago, and spent a couple of nights there. Scary place. Maras and death squads who'll shoot you for having tattoos.

I've been to El Salvador a few years ago. Downtown San Salvador was a huge black market straight out of Hollywood (black guys with AKs, stolen goods, places where you can find literally anything). Not to mention the constant Mara threat! I've never seen so many armed people in my entire life.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

:smith:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

"If you're a communist and want to #livebetter in the #city, vote #Lubertino2015 for Mayor. #TheBestHasYetToCome"

Along with the shameless use of hashtags and Biondini, this is one of the best things that our elections have brought up. :allears:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Polidoro posted:

Victor Humo Morales is a piece of poo poo. That woman is not a communist and Fantino se comió al Polaco Bastía.

Ok, last one.

Polidoro posted:

Humo was a typo but I'm not changing it :colbert:

:eyepop:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Jack of Hearts posted:

Since when is Peronism leftism?

Don't let the kids know Peronism is a conservative ideology! :ssh:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

On tonight's episode of 'Latin Americans can't have nice things':

My province's elections IRL, right now

(Santa Fe, Argentina)

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Latin American far left dot jaypeg

"This victory by the PRO (Center-right party) is a maneuver by the (Clarin, a media) corporation to divert attention from the visit of the Peronist pope to our America."

:shepface:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

CFK kicked well-known latin momrock singer out of the Casa Rosada for having OPINIONS :mexico:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

http://candidatosbuitre.com/ <- Reason I'm voting these people on Sunday.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

:siren: MEANWHILE, IN THE PRIMARY ELECTIONS :siren:

"Not only I exercised my constitutional rights, I also took advantage of the fact that there aren't many [Massa supporters] or [Macri supporters] in the area. Since there are few (or none) polling officers, we took their ballot papers. Let's see if they can find them!"

Why are we still using this voting method, again?

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Let me be the first one to say: "lol arg elections."

That's all you should know.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Crowsbeak posted:

Oh lol another Peronist. At least if it was Cru you'd get a party that is open about being lovely.

I know people irl who are hardcore Kirchnerists who hate the fact that they have to vote Menem's protegé to prevent a "Menem lookalike" (See those quotation marks?) from becoming president.
latamelections.txt

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

To be fair Macri is much scarier looking than Menem.

yikes

(for some reason that pic reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEaYZhHY6rU)

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Second round time. :pcgaming:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

tl;dr vote for Scioli otherwise this and many other state-funded programs will be shut down to funnel money to our imperialist overlords. Hail Saint Peron.
Similar messages are being posted in the govt's social media accounts, including the Casa Rosada twitter, lol.
Bonus track: Girl cries because Macri is winning the elections and he's going to sell everything. Mother says that they're going to kick him out. Democracy at work.
https://youtu.be/uoeyYOD1Ya0
[Cries in Spanish]

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

It's apocalyptic campaign spots season!

TW: Plagiarism

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

hecko posted:

Sweatshop workers celebrating their owners victory working double time this sunday.

Quit trying to scare everyone. TIA

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Polidoro posted:

I just wrote a wall of text but deleted it, I'm not saying that the economy was bad during Mujica's government. I'm saying it started to go downhill during his government because international prices changed a lot and he did nothing but waste money and give his oppinion on stuff on TV. Now the new government came and there's no money and the economy is getting weaker, so there won't be money for some time unless we increase the debt (which is already at 62% of the GDP). To top it off he seems to be in some kind of power struggle with Vázquez and is making it difficult for the new government to do anything.

Sounds like whatever we're going to face un Argentina in the next few years. :smith:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

This is why we can't have nice things.

https://twitter.com/CasaRosadaAR

All I want for christmas is more insane Twitter meltdowns.

e: holy poo poo the amount of butthurt in these twitter accs is hilarious

Future Days fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Dec 9, 2015

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

I just hope we achieve Trump levels of Twitter pettiness. Maybe that way they'll let us in the ALCA.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

I'm throwing my own presidential ceremony, with blackjack and hookers, you guys can come.

Sounds like Macri's plan.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

We can finally buy all of the dollars.
It's a shame I'm working class as hell and I have no need for paper foreign currency. vOv

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

hoiyes posted:

A few years ago I heard from a couple of portenos that it was only really possible to buy properties in US cash dollars. To what extent was this ever true (maybe only in BA?)

It's true for the whole country. Real estate prices are in black market US dollars, which makes it almost impossible for middle-class families to buy properties. Well, at least they used to be. Now we'll have a state imposed rate. We have to wait and see what the real estate market does in the next few months.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

We 3rd world country now.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Here's a picture of two pesos:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEaYZhHY6rU

I don't remember if this was already posted, but latin_america.mp4

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Holy poo poo we really can't have nice things: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/7573336/buenos-aires-kraftwerk-concert-electronic-music-ban

quote:

According to a report from Brazilian publication Clarin, Buenos Aires officials passed the ban in September as a reaction to 10 drug overdoses by party-goers at April's Time Warp festival... Organizers argue the Kraftwerk show is nothing like a dance music festival, and they are right, but the city maintains that any show using synthesizers is strictly prohibited.

:psyduck:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

Are evangelicals a thing in the rest of South America as much as they are in Brazil? From keeping up with the news it seems like they have way more influence there than anywhere else.

I live in a working class neighborhood in the interior of Argentina and we have dozens of "evangelical" "temples" in a 1km radius. Some are your usual Brazilian-esque pastors-with-black-suits evangelical, others are clearly Colombian money laundering schemes. Anyhow, both move hundreds of thousands if not millions per month. I think I should switch careers, lol.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

This is why we can't have nice things:

:(

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

This guy is loving everywhere now

And he used to be a candidate for del Caño's party (left)

As you can probably guess, since this is the Latin America thread, he's in all kinds of Simpsons memes already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Venomous posted:

Question: what is Argentina's local fascist party, and what is their level of support at the moment? Because I have a feeling that when Fernández fucks everything up in the next four years, nobody will trust Macri's neoliberals again, and their support will skyrocket.

Alternatively, what are the chances that Macri's neoliberals will do a Boris and adopt said local fascist party's policies wholesale?

i'm laughing irl at the mere thought of biondini having actual support, or actual policies