Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Well my gas station boner pills do amazing things.

Like, I can have an erection that lasts three hours. I can have sex and keep going. Endlessly. Sex-until-exhaustion was a normal thing when I was like 19-24, but now it's back. It's amazing. Boner pills are the greatest thing to happen to me since boners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
just go to your loving doctor and talk to them about it to get something right for you. swallow your pride, talk to a professional, and don't buy gas station boner pills.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

just go to your loving doctor and talk to them about it to get something right for you. swallow your pride, talk to a professional, and don't buy gas station boner pills.

Yeah, I'm amazed so many goons are willing to take unregulated gas station pills that mess with their junk. Talk to your drat doctor if you need boner pills, it should be less embarrassing than buying your horny pills from the gas station.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Your doctor will basically give you a sample platter of boner pills if you ask for it. As I mentioned the risks for real pills is so low they’ll hardly ask any questions before giving you what you want.

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

Captain Invictus posted:

This. All of this.

Goto your doc and talk to them about a prescription. We do this all the time and realize you are not alone. I have this conversation at least once a week with male patients. Don’t buy those sketchy gas station pills that may have literally anything in them. Prescription stuff is going to work much better.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I don't need it to work "much better" :smuggo:

Just a little bit

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
You guys are gonna make credburn break bad

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Your doctor will 100% be thinking "oh sweet an easy one, I get paid, he gets better boners, everybody wins", it's much better than having to look at some terrible infected wound or something.

Make your doctor's day, ask for boner pills.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Two or three years ago I had an "incident" and talked to my doctor about it. It took a lot of discussion but she finally relented and gave me a single pill as a sampler. I don't need one boner.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Most of us have to make do with just the one.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Credburn can have a single boner. As a treat.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

null_pointer posted:

Credburn can have a single boner. As a treat.

No, this is a zero sum boner game. If Credburn gets one boner they did not have previously, who is (unjustly?) losing theirs?

It could be you

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Are there any quality bone-conducting earbuds that are below $100?
I'm not expecting extremely good bass or anything but I'm fine so long as things aren't super tinny.

It'd be mostly for podcasts while I work, anyway.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
oops wrong thread

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Inzombiac posted:

I think the thread has made it clear that you need to see a doctor for this! :colbert:

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

I'm not expecting extremely good bass or anything but I'm fine so long as things aren't super tinny.

I’ve been enjoying my Shokz OpenRun for several years now. Lost my first pair a year or so ago and bought a second pair to replace them. Great for podcasts and music as long as you don’t expect bass, as you said. Excellent battery life, too. My only complaint is the magnetic charge cable can be an annoyance to store.

e: sorry I missed your earbud qualification - certainly not the OpenRun, then.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I don't think bone conduction "earbuds" are really a thing because of how bone conductions earphones need to contact your head.

If you just mean bone conduction earphones, I would suggest any of the aftershokz/shokz products. I've had a pair for years and I think they're great.

Just be sure that bone conduction is really what you want (i.e. you don't want them to block out any sound, so if there's loud noise around you you'll hear the noise and not what's coming through the earphones unless you turn them up ridiculously high).

(I think some people have apparently had luck with cheaper products off of aliexpress/amazon but some of them aren't even really bone conduction despite claiming to be.)

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
I miss my old Aftershokz Titaniums. Best headphones I ever owned that finally let me hear things on the left side of my head.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mystes posted:

I don't think bone conduction "earbuds" are really a thing because of how bone conductions earphones need to contact your head.

If you just mean bone conduction earphones, I would suggest any of the aftershokz/shokz products. I've had a pair for years and I think they're great.

Just be sure that bone conduction is really what you want (i.e. you don't want them to block out any sound, so if there's loud noise around you you'll hear the noise and not what's coming through the earphones unless you turn them up ridiculously high).

(I think some people have apparently had luck with cheaper products off of aliexpress/amazon but some of them aren't even really bone conduction despite claiming to be.)

Yeah, open earphones are what I'm talking about.
I have the Openmove Shokz but I'm looking for unconnected pieces so I can wear just one at work and wear one while laying on my side.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Does anyone know where I could get a custom dog nametag with a Russian (Cyrillic) name?

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
Pretty much anyone who engraves with a laser should be able handle that. If they don't have a Cyrillic option, they should be able to engrave a .svg image, so you can make it yourself.

AliX has a lot of services that should be able to help with that if you can't find someone local.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

You may find more takers these days if you tell them it’s a Ukrainian name, but then again maybe not.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
I've adopted some real old-man energry and have been feeding the ducks at the park down the street from our house. Getting sick of using ziplock bags. I want to find some kind of narrow and deep messenger/hip bag that I can basically fill up with a bunch of cracked corn and toss out handfuls.

Something like this but not mesh: https://crabhawk.com/product/clamming/clam-bag/

Bonus points if its leather and looks decent.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Probs could use a kayaking dry bag or something similar.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

what I don't get is why consider the looks anyway, wear your old man style with pride: Whatever recovered sack you can find with some diy handles sewn on.
I guarantee the ducks won't mind.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Cornuto posted:

I've adopted some real old-man energry and have been feeding the ducks at the park down the street from our house. Getting sick of using ziplock bags. I want to find some kind of narrow and deep messenger/hip bag that I can basically fill up with a bunch of cracked corn and toss out handfuls.

Something like this but not mesh: https://crabhawk.com/product/clamming/clam-bag/

You might try looking for a "foraging bag". They're typically made to go on a belt, fold up when empty, and most folks make them out of waxed canvas and/or leather.

Here's a random example: https://a.co/d/fKR2cOq but you can probably find better quality if you want to pay more, and even something narrower/deeper if you commission a custom job from somebody on Etsy.

Lemniscate Blue has a new favorite as of 19:46 on Feb 25, 2024

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
Foraging bags look like they could work, thanks!

Cornuto has a new favorite as of 23:00 on Feb 25, 2024

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I'm remodeling a small room for the first time, like ever. Since it's small, I want the few things I can fit in there be nice - it's going to be like an office / movie / game room. I'm looking for a really nice loveseat, probably 6-7 feet. Is there a store or brand anyone could recommend with high quality or high comfort options? I'm thinking fabric, not leather. Possibly with an ottoman. I wouldn't say money is an object in general - I'm open to spending more on something great; but like, probably, idk, $3000 would be on the very high end of what I'd consider buying without some really compelling reason.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Captain Lavender posted:

I'm remodeling a small room for the first time, like ever. Since it's small, I want the few things I can fit in there be nice - it's going to be like an office / movie / game room. I'm looking for a really nice loveseat, probably 6-7 feet. Is there a store or brand anyone could recommend with high quality or high comfort options? I'm thinking fabric, not leather. Possibly with an ottoman. I wouldn't say money is an object in general - I'm open to spending more on something great; but like, probably, idk, $3000 would be on the very high end of what I'd consider buying without some really compelling reason.

I have a Crate and Barrel couch that I absolutely love. No clue how they are generally viewed. I've had it for 15 years or so, and it is still very comfortable, and in great shape. It isn't sagging, and the cushions haven't deformed (though I do flip them over about every year or so).

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Another vote for Crate & Barrel. We wanted cloth as well, and deep seats were also a must-have. Ours is holding up extremely well 10 years in.

Probably won't be all that cheap compared to others, but it was a great purchase.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Captain Lavender posted:

Here's the thread where a lot of knowledgeable people hang out: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3955916

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Lovesac sactional

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Thank you all! If I get one I'll report back.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Happiness Commando posted:

Lovesac sactional

Lovesac, baby!

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Cornuto posted:

Please don’t feed them straight corn, that’s like Twinkies for ducks. They will end up dying from fatty liver or egg laying problems because of excess abdominal fat. For a bit more money you can get a nutritionally balanced food. It’s almost breeding season and ducklings must have niacin in their food or they may have permanent leg problems and a duck specific or All Flock food should take care of that.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

mmm, fatty duck liver

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
One weird trick to make your own foie gras.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Android Apocalypse posted:

One weird trick to make your own foie gras.

it's free at the park but it takes a while and some commitment.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Joburg posted:

Please don’t feed them straight corn, that’s like Twinkies for ducks. They will end up dying from fatty liver or egg laying problems because of excess abdominal fat. For a bit more money you can get a nutritionally balanced food. It’s almost breeding season and ducklings must have niacin in their food or they may have permanent leg problems and a duck specific or All Flock food should take care of that.

Any you recommend? I'd tried floating duck pellets in the past (these specifically = https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y8V6WKP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and they just ignored them. I read that cracked corn is cheap and they love it so bought that and they went nuts.

They're also wild ducks, so its not like they're subsisting mainly on this, its just something to throw to them when I walk down there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I take these vitamin chewables: Vitafusion Multivites and NOW Supplements Vitamin D-3 1,000 IU. They both work great for me, especially the Vitamin D, it's been downright life-changing. But I really don't like gummies. Are there multivitamins that fit the same bill as the vitafusion multivites but are crumbly chewables like the NOW supplements vitamin D chewables? basically, are there flintstones vitamins-style for adults that are the same supplemental makeup as the multivites?