Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah an office chair is like a bed. If you're spending almost 1/3 of your life on it maybe be a little spendy

I hadn't thought of it that way, good point. Herman Miller here I come!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Sneeing Emu posted:

A used Aeron or Steelcase Leap can generally be found for <$300 in major metro areas. I'm actually picking up an almost-new Aeron for $250 from my barber here in Seattle this upcoming month.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Sneeing Emu posted:

We have Aeron's at work and they're pretty comfy but I wouldn't pay 600+ for a new one. 300 ish sounds good though.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
A pill you grind up and snort that shrinks the size of big ideas so you can hold more.

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

:poland: :poland: :poland:
Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

:poland: :poland: :poland:
I hope this is the right thread for this but I was looking for recommendations for a laptop. I don't know much about computer shopping as my knowledge for buying them caps at around the early 2000s. I don't need a fancy machine but a number pad and dedicated graphics card are somewhat important. Cheaper is better, I'm looking in the $600-800 range if that's possible.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

The Blue Pyramid posted:

I hope this is the right thread for this but I was looking for recommendations for a laptop. I don't know much about computer shopping as my knowledge for buying them caps at around the early 2000s. I don't need a fancy machine but a number pad and dedicated graphics card are somewhat important. Cheaper is better, I'm looking in the $600-800 range if that's possible.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3552651

A lot of makes have the num pad, but what sort of programs would you be running on it that requires the graphics card?

KoB
May 1, 2009
Recommendations for car bluetooth? Im only really looking to play music over bluetooth, Ive got USB and Aux for connectors.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Beyond normal cleaning, what do you goons use to keep your house/apt/river van smelling good?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

colas posted:

Beyond normal cleaning, what do you goons use to keep your house/apt/river van smelling good?

Candles. Not that fake scent Yankee candle poo poo, but just regular old candles (with neutral scents like lavender)

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll give candles a try. Anyone else? My place doesn't stink, I'm just curious to see if anyone has some poo poo I haven't tried. I don't like the incense that much because of the ashes, plug-in fresheners are bullshit, and sprays kinda suck. Febreeze is awesome but that's only for fabric.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

colas posted:

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll give candles a try. Anyone else? My place doesn't stink, I'm just curious to see if anyone has some poo poo I haven't tried. I don't like the incense that much because of the ashes, plug-in fresheners are bullshit, and sprays kinda suck. Febreeze is awesome but that's only for fabric.

Carpet powder when I was single did the trick. Unless you've got primarily wood floors or something.

Spinkle this poo poo down a few minutes before you vacuum.

http://www.amazon.com/Arm-Hammer-Strength-Eliminator-Carpet/dp/B00651O2TI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1424790913&sr=8-4&keywords=Carpet+powder

Cornuto has a new favorite as of 16:23 on Feb 24, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

colas posted:

Diffuser Reeds

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

my girlfriend got me one of those melted wax scentsy things and it works pretty well if you want the smell of a candle without the worry of a flame

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

colas posted:

I have some incense in mild scents that I burn now and then. Downside is it will make you want to do yoga.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

SaltLick posted:

my girlfriend got me one of those melted wax scentsy things and it works pretty well if you want the smell of a candle without the worry of a flame

OTOH god help you if it ever spills onto a surface you can't take a razor blade to...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

KoB posted:

Recommendations for car bluetooth? Im only really looking to play music over bluetooth, Ive got USB and Aux for connectors.

So you're looking for a device that will take the Bluetooth signal from your phone and then transmit it to your car stereo via the AUX input?

KoB
May 1, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

So you're looking for a device that will take the Bluetooth signal from your phone and then transmit it to your car stereo via the AUX input?

Yeah.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lots of those

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTC450...luetooth+aux%27

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Gyshall posted:

Diffuser Reeds

Those are weak as gently caress in my experience. Any particular brand?

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer
Just came in here to ask about how to keep my place smelling nice when it's too cold out to keep windows open very long...

Additionally, can anyone recommend a toothpaste?

I use Sensodyne Pronamel Gentle Whitening, but I feel like it's just numbing my teeth to eliminate the sensitivity, which I doubt is healthy.

I have no idea if this is even a thing, but I'd really be into something that can keep my teeth strong and rebuild poo poo, if possible. My family just has genetically lovely teeth and I feel like I'm always getting a cavity.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Barracuda Bang! posted:

I use Sensodyne Pronamel Gentle Whitening, but I feel like it's just numbing my teeth to eliminate the sensitivity, which I doubt is healthy.

I have no idea if this is even a thing, but I'd really be into something that can keep my teeth strong and rebuild poo poo, if possible. My family just has genetically lovely teeth and I feel like I'm always getting a cavity.

I use this, http://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/ProductDetails?Stockcode=780254&name=colgate-maximum-protection-toothpaste-plus-sugar-acid-neutralizer

It's got fluoride and calcium in it, which (I guess) is in most standard toothpastes which help rebuild enamel and stuff, and also has sugar acid neutraliser in it to neutralise the acids of sugar (I am not a dentist)

I haven't had a filling since I had baby teeth, though lately I've been getting some sensitivity in a few areas and believe it or not this toothpaste seemed to work just as well as anything specifically designed for sensitive teeth.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Barracuda Bang! posted:

That is weird, how long does the numbness last?

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Barracuda Bang! posted:

Just came in here to ask about how to keep my place smelling nice when it's too cold out to keep windows open very long...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006PKIQA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1424866644&sr=8-1&keywords=marvis+toothpaste&pi=AC_SX200_QL40

Started using this about a month ago. Great flavor and fluoridated to help with your rebuilding. They've got a a bunch of other flavors too. I like the amerelli liquorice also.

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 13:20 on Feb 25, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

colas posted:

Those are weak as gently caress in my experience. Any particular brand?

I've had good luck with the ones from Yankee Candle or Bed Bath & Beyond.

If you clean your place semi regularly, vacuum, and then use those you should be good. I have a smaller 2 BR apartment though so YMMV

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

This is the best least known but old toothpaste

Gleem Sodium Fluoride Anticavity Toothpaste, 6.4-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 12) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001G7PMPO/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_yRE7ub08M1J2Y
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001G7PMPO/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_yRE7ub08M1J2Y

It's all out of stock on Amazon for some reason

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Gyshall posted:

If you clean your place semi regularly, vacuum, and then use those you should be good. I have a smaller 2 BR apartment though so YMMV
When I come home from work, my place smells like whatever I cooked last night for dinner. Which sucks when it's fish or something. I'd also like to find some way of dealing with that.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Bhodi posted:

When I come home from work, my place smells like whatever I cooked last night for dinner. Which sucks when it's fish or something. I'd also like to find some way of dealing with that.

If you have a small place with bad ventilation there is little to nothing you can do about it.

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

Please do not feed poinsettias to animals, its not good for them and I dont want PI to yell at me.
^^^ Ozium. I used it when I used to smoke in my one bedroom apartment. Just spray that all around before you go to work and when you get back all bad smells will be gone.

Edit: Make sure to do it right before you leave though, as ozium has a weird chemical smell on it's own. I think it says something on the can about not inhaling it too. But it magically makes all smells disappear.

Mushinronsha has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Feb 26, 2015

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Mushinronsha posted:

^^^ Ozium. I used it when I used to smoke in my one bedroom apartment. Just spray that all around before you go to work and when you get back all bad smells will be gone.

Edit: Make sure to do it right before you leave though, as ozium has a weird chemical smell on it's own. I think it says something on the can about not inhaling it too. But it magically makes all smells disappear.

Yea, ozium is the poo poo you want for covering/eliminating smells. It won't make your place smell good though, but rather like a hospital/hotel.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Get the orange scented ozium to be a real dude

colas
Feb 14, 2007

1redflag posted:

like a hospital/hotel.

Yes, this. I came home the other night and my place smelled like a clean hotel lobby/doctor's office/hotel. It was great.
This is what I want, I always think about grabbing Ozium but never tried it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Ozium smells like an rear end in a top hat and is like taking a poo poo and then spraying tropical mountain mist air freshener all over - it just makes the poo poo smell that more offensive.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I'm looking for a decent quality but not crazy expensive little kitchen cart/stand thing. I want it to be just big enough to fit an average sized microwave, but not much bigger.

I see plenty on places like Amazon from $60-$300, but it's hard to tell which ones are good quality and which ones aren't any better than one I can get at Wal-Mart and will fall apart after one move.

V V V I probably should have mentioned IKEA isn't a great option...closest one is about two hours away in another country. V V V

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 20:50 on Feb 26, 2015

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I have a fairly small kitchen and use an Ikea Bekvam cart as supplemental counter/work space. I think we've had it for at least four years now, it's all solid wood so it's not going to fall apart or sag like something made from particle board or plywood.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Any suggestions for a good electric shaver? My SO is looking to replace her old one and has no clue as to good brands or models. And neither do I so I figured I would ask the goonmind here.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Check out the Phillips norelco line and just see how much you want to spend and what features they prefer

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Any recommendations for a good water resistant windbreaker/lighter jacket? Only my full on winter coat is waterproof and I'd like something a bit less bulky.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Need a gym bag- any suggestions? Doesn't have to be big.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Any good options to get just a stupid amount of bulk socks? I always need more and can never seem to keep them around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Need a gym bag- any suggestions? Doesn't have to be big.

Is it just to hold clothes and maybe a towel? I just use a cheap drawstring bag.