Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My problem with safety razors is that they don’t shave close enough, at least when I wield them. I have sparse, somewhat soft whiskers and no matter what blade exposure and angle and direction and prep I try it always leaves a lot behind. A 5-blade drugstore head does a great job, otoh.

Love the idea of safety razors, they just don’t seem to solve my problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

theflyingexecutive posted:

If you already have a Sodastream (or just get a used one for pennies), you can get a SodaMod and get the bottles refilled at scuba shops for very cheap.

Are scuba setups food-grade? I get my refills for my 10lb tank at a semi-nearby homebrew place. It’s a knock-off (which says you can use it on non-water) but I forget the brand and I’m already in bed.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Inzombiac posted:

Use a badger brush, shave once with the grain, once against the grain. Smooth perfection.

I don’t remember what my brush is made of, but I will try again with that approach this weekend, just for you.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh, Li-Ion ones are a great idea. the 1.2V ones don't work properly in our Rock Band instruments.

They need a special charger, I assume? E: ah, looks like they just use USB-C, that's reasonable.

Subjunctive has a new favorite as of 21:54 on Oct 24, 2022

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Does Eneloop do 1.5V Li-ion batteries? OP is saying that the 1.2V NiMH ones don’t work for their application.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Snowy posted:

Wasn’t it Monoprice?

Ergotron I thought?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I would just run a 3.0 USB-A hub with external power, yeah. I have a bunch of USB-C docks without captive cables, from Amazon and AliExpress, and they also work OK for what I’m doing with them, but you don’t need a dock.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I. M. Gei posted:

What's a good motorized tie rack that holds 64 or more ties?

I would honestly be a little surprised if the answer isn’t “get a craftsperson to make something custom” at 64 ties and “high quality”. Like there really can’t be that much of a market…

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

You may find more takers these days if you tell them it’s a Ukrainian name, but then again maybe not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

mmm, fatty duck liver