Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Chinaman7000 posted:

Yeah I know, I was fishing for a specific recommendation.

I've had this thing for a couple years:
http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-TM70-3-Quart-Maker/dp/B001J5FN48/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421976170&sr=8-2&keywords=iced+tea+maker
It's easy to use and stays mostly clean. The basket you put tea in can get gross (especially if you forget and leave tea bags in for a while), but a run through the dish washer cleans it right up. I usually use about half the amount of ice suggested. A couple Amazon reviews say it drips, but I make sure the pitcher is pushed up close and have never had a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

tribbledirigible posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations on heated mats/ warming beds for pets? It got freakishly cold here in NJ, and I wanted to keep my dogs near their usual sleeping spot and away from the radiator that occasionally produces a bit of scalding hot water.

http://www.khpet.com/ This company is, as far as I know, the standard in heated pet stuff. I worked pet supply retail for a long time, and we only ever ordered heated beds on special order, but don't remember any complaints.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!
I used to work pet retail, and Precision Pet scoopers were pricey, but seemed well-made and are all metal. I know their crates are high quality.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

C-Euro posted:

Anyone want to recommend some booties/mittens for a 25ish pound dog (Corgi)? Whenever I walk my dog on cold enough days he'll occasionally limp for a bit or stop and pull one paw up off the ground, presumably due to the cold or getting road salt in his paw, which makes walking him in the winter annoying at best. However, the set I bought at the local pet store don't really stay on his feet which kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

I used to work pet retail, and the ones that worked best year after year were PAWZ (pawzdogboots.com). They're not warm but they keep the salt and wet off and are reusable. Most people said a pack would last a full winter.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!
You can find all the devices that can use Overdrive here: https://help.overdrive.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1481729-getting-started-with-overdrive.

Also, Overdrive’s new app called “Libby” is more modern and doesn’t try to get you to make an Overdrive account, but doesn’t show your wishlist. I usually use a browser for checking out books, then listen/read through Libby. If you’re searching in a browser, you can suggest books available in Overdrive that your library doesn’t own. One more thing - unless you’re a fast reader, go into your Overdrive settings and bump checkout periods up to 21 days, my library at least defaults to 14.

Kusaru has a new favorite as of 20:39 on Jun 14, 2019