Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Someone recommend a good dust-buster type hand held vacuum. I shed like a chewbacca and it makes my bathroom look disgusting.

colas has a new favorite as of 16:17 on Dec 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I don't have a landline and I'm wondering if you guys might have something you use as a backup in case of emergency like radio or emergency alert of some sort. Isn't it possible to still use 911 even if you're not paying for a landline?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Geoj posted:

Do you have poor/no cell coverage at home?

I do have coverage, I'm just curious.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Ok, thanks.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Bippie Mishap posted:

I think you're thinking of cell phones being able to call 911 even if you don't have service. I used my old beater circa 2003 cell phone twice to call 911 when I didn't have another phone. I keep it in the car and if it's turned off it keeps a charge for ~5 months.

That's a good idea.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Beyond normal cleaning, what do you goons use to keep your house/apt/river van smelling good?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll give candles a try. Anyone else? My place doesn't stink, I'm just curious to see if anyone has some poo poo I haven't tried. I don't like the incense that much because of the ashes, plug-in fresheners are bullshit, and sprays kinda suck. Febreeze is awesome but that's only for fabric.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Gyshall posted:

Diffuser Reeds

Those are weak as gently caress in my experience. Any particular brand?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Barracuda Bang! posted:

I use Sensodyne Pronamel Gentle Whitening, but I feel like it's just numbing my teeth to eliminate the sensitivity, which I doubt is healthy.

That is weird, how long does the numbness last?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

1redflag posted:

like a hospital/hotel.

Yes, this. I came home the other night and my place smelled like a clean hotel lobby/doctor's office/hotel. It was great.
This is what I want, I always think about grabbing Ozium but never tried it.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Anyone know a good liquid soap that's like Bronner's but cheaper?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Not trying to sound like a poo poo but you can dilute Bronner's quite a bit and have it still be very effective.
I only say this because most people I know that use it, apply it like regular soap, no like concentrate.

Oh definitely. I dilute that stuff, I dilute dish soap too. I just noticed family members doing the dish soap diluting and the stuff still works. I never have that much scrubbing to do.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Recommend me a universal remote that will do TV and Roku.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

That cheaper one looks good but I actually wouldn't mind dropping $100+ so I don't have to juggle 4+ remotes, it's ridiculous. I have a smart TV but it's UI or whatever is a freaking joke.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Do you like the Samsung? How's the web browser?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Have any of you used your .edu email address to get discounts post-graduation?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

So I assume you still have access to that email account.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Geoj posted:

^
That's usually all that matters when getting discounts.

I'm eligible for a whole range of discounts for a company I don't technically work for (I'm a contractor) just by having an email address on their domain.

poo poo. I haven't tried in a long time but I'm pretty sure I can't access my old college account.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I got that pivot vac, it's perfect.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Anyone know if it's possible to get an area rug to lie flat over carpeting? I have a new/huge rug and it has random bubbles/folds that keep popping up.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Barracuda Bang! posted:

Do you have a non-slip pad under the rug?

no, gently caress. I'll try that.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

FYI - you can pay $7 for 4 Mr.Clean Magic Erasers or $10 for 30 Melamine Foam erasers on eBay. They're just melamine foam. edit - Which someone already mentioned and I didn't bother to read.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Is there a product like Amazon Echo but for emergencies? I live alone and I don't have a Life Alert bracelet and I think it would be nice to have something in case I fall in the shower or get a really bad leg cramp. I wanna just be able to shout "OK GOOGLE, I'M DOWN! MAN DOWN! EMERGENCY!"

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Anyone own an emergency battery jump-starter for their auto? Do you have to charge it monthly?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Gyshall posted:

goons posting ITT not knowing about going commando :kiddo:

I'm put off by the fear of an unexpected boner.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

When a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face, just walk away.

Booty memories linger.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Does anyone take supplements for mood? I take L-Theanine and it works pretty well and I want to try others.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

[ mopping ] I'm using the wrong poo poo on my tile. I mopped with bleach + water and it left a film and then I tried Fabuloso + bleach + water and it left a film. Should I just say gently caress it and use a Swiffer? I like using hot water and a bucket and everything but I keep leaving residue behind.

edit - got a Swiffer, floor is still filmy, I give up for now. Anyway, who makes the best hot dog buns?

colas has a new favorite as of 13:59 on May 14, 2015

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I'm looking for a not too heavy book [an intro] on philosophy, Subject/Object relationship, the conceptual distinction, dualism, or dichotomy of subjects (knower/thinkers) and objects.

colas has a new favorite as of 20:17 on Jun 15, 2015

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Anyone get an Amazon Echo?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

These bluetooth headphones are cheap and totally decent. I have a pair, my dad has a pair, no complaints.

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics...ooth+headphones

colas has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Jun 30, 2015

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Have you seen the echo thread? Lots of good info there

where is it?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

There are headphones that have built in MP3 players.

These are only 8.99 and have 4gb of space -

http://www.amazon.com/Sport-Player-...ayer+headphones

Sony version -

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Walkman-...ayer+headphones

colas
Feb 14, 2007

SpartanIV posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for Tshirts that are kind of nerdy but aren't too nerdy? Stuff like Last Exit to Nowhere has but that doesn't cost me like $40 in shipping. I'm in the US.

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TO&Category_Code=ALLSHIRTS

colas
Feb 14, 2007

A streaming box that plays .avi files has a usb or other memory card slot...is there a good one?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Roku 3 does that

I have a Roku 1 with a usb port but it only plays mp4. I got a Roku 2 and traded it to my dad for the Roku 1 because it didn't have a usb. My dad also has a Roku 3. Amazon shows that they both are supposed to have usb ports. Maybe I'm just blind.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Amazon shows 2 and 3 having ports, maybe they just updated them :/

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Drogadon posted:

I need some good coasters that absorb water from condensation, is there such a thing?

I got some persian rug coasters from eBay, they really tie the room together.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

plain blue jacket posted:

are those machine washable? They're tacky as hell but in a pleasant way.

They're not tiny rugs so they're not machine washable. They're just foam with some kind of rug-like stuff on top. They only look tacky on certain
surfaces. They look fine on my little oriental table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

What's a good camera to attach to a small dog? It's a terrier like toto from Wizard of Oz. There are actually two dogs and they thrown down like MMA and it's hilarious. I think it would be cool to get some good footage from dog perspective.