Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

M42 posted:

Need a rec for a type of mattress. My current one is an irredeemable piece of poo poo. It's a spring with a nonremovable pillowtop/memory foam thing. I'm light as a feather, but regardless it's collapsed around the area where my body rests, so it's like I'm sleeping in a giant bowl. I get back pain like half the nights of the week. Are spring+pillowtop mattresses prone to this? Would I be able to avoid it if I got, say, a latex one?

There are pros and cons to both. Memory foam, for instance, tends to hold heat a lot more than coil.

I don't know where you live, but if you live on the US east coast see if there is an Original Mattress Factory around you. They make all their mattresses and they are high quality and a lot cheaper than big named brands. Only coil mind you.: http://www.originalmattress.com/

I just got a new one from them when I moved and I love it. I slept on a twin at my parent's house and it held up great for eight years with flipping occasionally. My parent's king has held up similarly well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

What is the best chew deterrent spray for pets? I've been using Bitter Apple but my rear end in a top hat cat seems to have gotten used to it, seeing as how he chewed through my Ethernet cable this morning.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

My boyfriend is really hard to shop for, so I'm asking this thread for Christmas ideas. Looking for unique or interesting things that aren't over $100. His likes include:

-Death metal
-Spicy stuff (hot sauce and peppers. He literally puts ghost chili in just about everything he cooks)
-Craft beer (it'd have to be something really unique, he's tried just about everything and has plenty of glasses and growlers)
-Video games
-Guns
-Meat/cooking
-General nerdy crap
-Working out
-Espresso
-Hiking

Right now my "to get" list is some good beef jerky and a digital meat thermometer. Just looking for something else that's really cool to go along with them. TIA :)