Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm looking for a discrete Bluetooth earbud that I can wear at work to listen to podcasts from my phone.

My direct boss doesn't give a toss because I work hard but his boss is really wrapped up in selling an "image" (inside a locked and secured government facility, go figure) so I need just one bud I can wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Isn't there some danger in sun tea; like some bacteria that grows easily if you do it wrong?
Or maybe that's if you add in sugar as it's steeping.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How about kitchen knife sets I can buy online?
I've never purchased one of those that come with a block and sharpener so I don't know what's quality and what's overpriced pressed aluminum.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

colas posted:

Anyone know a good liquid soap that's like Bronner's but cheaper?

Not trying to sound like a poo poo but you can dilute Bronner's quite a bit and have it still be very effective.
I only say this because most people I know that use it, apply it like regular soap, no like concentrate.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hiking socks!

Amazon Prime if available. Going on a long hike in a week and my feet are delicate little babies so I need breathable and sturdy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You are perfect and I love you.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I love having a pull-up bar that hooks around the top of the door frame but I moved into a house where the top is something like 8 inches high. My old Golds Gym bar doesn't reach and I'm looking for one that fits old houses.

Those straight bars that stick via tension are a cruel joke and a busted face waiting to happen.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I spent $40 or so at Ikea on an enormous basic desk and opted for some glass top. It's easy as poo poo to move and I've never had an issue.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Big question:

I'm looking to buy this TV
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T63YUJO/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?qid=1442869761&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=vizio

For the first time in my life I'm going to buy a sound system and a Blu-ray player that is decent.
I'm lost as to what is good and what is not. There are some that look good to me, a casual user, but the freaky audiophiles make the dumbest complaints.
My living room is not huge and I'd like to go for a 7.1 setup but 5.1 is probably fine.
Budget is around $300 but fairly flexible.

Inzombiac has a new favorite as of 23:15 on Sep 21, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dick Trauma posted:

I bought a Sony system to replace my pre-HD Pioneer 5.1. Other than a balky optical disc reader it's worked quite well, and I especially like the embedded Netflix in comparison to the one built into my LG TV or my Tivo.

http://amzn.com/B00C27S0M4

I appreciate the recommendation but $5-700 for a sound system is well beyond what I can spend.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Totally TWISTED posted:

Just pick up whatever cheap 5.1 set is at walmart. I seriously did the same thing 5+ years ago and it will be fine while costing 150-200 then just spend the remaining money on whatever budget bluray player rounds out the 300.

I just may. My hearing isn't good enough to notice the difference between a mid to high grade set.

experienceBeej posted:

Would you also consider 5.1 soundbar sets?

If I knew what that was, maybe!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kaizoku posted:

Soundbar sets have a soundbar in place of separate front right and center speakers

That monoprice set isn't bad at all. I'd go with that before random stuff from wal-mart because, well, random stuff from wal-mart.

Edit: I'm sure wal-mart has had good sets, and they may currently, but just walking in and buying one is going to be a fair bit of a gamble.

Gotcha. I'm ordering everything from Amazon.
A soundbar would actually be best for my setup anyway, so thanks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a HEAVY AS gently caress hybrid for fairly cheap because I thought the extra weight would be good for exercizing (my knees are too shot to run). Ended up hating it and it sits in my basement until I can bother to sell it. Hybrid tires can be nice in certain conditions but just pick up a cheap road bike.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

colas posted:

Can someone recommend a good pillow?

I bought a pair of IsoCool latex pillows. They come in side and back sleeper shapes that are pretty dustinct. I got a side even though I sleep in both positions and it's great. I have a long neck and it's great support and stays cool.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Chas McGill posted:

It can get moldy, but you can just scrape it off.

Butter and cheese follow the same rules, of course.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a Sleep Innovations because it was what I could afford. Oddly enough, I put my old memory topper on it because it was just a little too firm.

Now it's perfecto.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Friends, recommend to me a general-purpose chef knife for around $100 or less.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks guys. I'm gonna mull this over and purchase after Xmas.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Elderbean posted:

Any recommendations for pillows? I've only ever used cheap IKEA pillows and I want something better.

ISOCool latex pillows are the tits.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I drink a lot of water at work but most of it comes from the tap and I don't have access to a purifier. It's perfectly healthy aside from maybe a bit too much chlorine.

I'm looking for some no-sugar additive I can put in a 32 oz. Nalgene to make it more bareable. I tried this Crystal Lite packets and they were... okay.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That certainly is some attractive packaging. Can you speak to the flavor?
My favorite bottled water is Hint because there is just a hint (OH I GET IT) of flavor. A lot of the powders I've tried before, and this will sound strange, taste like plastic fruit and make my throat feel dry.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I need a PC microphone. Preferably something that I can prop in front of my keyboard, isn't USB and $50 or less. Just using it for Skype, Vent and such. Doesn't have to be very professional.

Right now I have a fine headset with a mic but I hate talking when I can barely hear myself.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fooge posted:

You could offset the headset so it only covers one ear? It only gets uncomfortable for long sessions.

That's what I do now and it's less than ideal. Plus, there is very little need for me to use a headset over my speakers.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alright, I didn't know it would make a huge difference so I'll open it up to USB. Those Snowball ones look neat but are a little pricy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I pulled the trigger on a black Snowball. I would have loved to get the pink or green one but I'm not paying $20 more for something no one else will see.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

bongwizzard posted:

I literally cannot think of any info or data that I would worry to that degree about. Im I just boring or not paranoid enough?

I've worked in places that require physical backups for archives. However, for personal use I'm not that interesting.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I need a door frame pullup bar that is either adjustable or has a hook that is longer than normal.
The tops of the doors in this old house are hilariously tall.

Alternatively, are there any tension rod pull up bars that are not loving terrifying?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks. I'm in a rental so I'm trying to avoid any damage.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SaltLick posted:

I'm using Jack Black aftershave soothing gel and it's okay. I think I prefer Nivea's though. Pretty much just try different things out and see which you like best.

Nivea really is the best I have used but it's crazy expensive. I now use a a wet alum block right after, then a cold compress, then some aftershave that makes me smell like an old man and then a St. Ives collagen lotion.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm looking for a knit blanket to use during the summer. I had one as a kid that was light and had holes in it (on purpose) but I don't know what that is called.
Preferably Queen.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Summer approaches!

I work in a business casual place and I walk a fair bit to and from the office.

I'm looking for plain black or white shirts I can wear under my dress shirts that'll keep me a little more cool and not look like shiny gym clothes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

bongwizzard posted:

Unico Airsim tshirts are what you are looking for.

Are you sure that is what they are called?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

PRADA SLUT posted:

Don't wear undershirts

Make me.

I kinda have to otherwise people see my hairy chest or I wear a tie and that would make me hotter.

Temperature wise, not aesthetics wise... maybe.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wonderful, thanks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pron on VHS posted:

if you must wear undershirts under dress shirts, wear a deep V-neck. It's tacky as hell to see the neck of an undershirt underneath a dress shirt

???
I must be years behind because this is literally the first time I have heard this.

If I am wearing a button-up without a tie in a professional setting, it would be gauche to show of my chest hair.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pron on VHS posted:

It's one of those fashion rules that no one will really mock you for because so many men do it, but it looks lame. For your chest hair, I have a similar problem, and I've taken to trimming my chest hair with trimmers every 2 weeks or so. I also don't really have the kind of chest hair that poofs out onto your neck, I guess if you do then a crew-necked undershirt is the only option

I can't trim all my chest hair down because my GF would kill me but I do remove anything at or above the collarbone. I'm getting the sense that some fashion-forward people think an undershirt is basically a turtleneck.

I guess being a hairy ugly dude means I get left behind, haha.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

taqueso posted:

Let your chest hair run free.

I wish I could but I work for the government and they hate everything :negative:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

colas posted:

I want bachelor cookware, like a pot that has a removable bowl and you only wash that bowl, plate/pan etc. I wonder if something like that exists. I guess it could be as simple as removable handles. Lazyware.

Instant Pot pressure cooker.
Absolutely mindless and produces fantastic food.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

colas posted:

Does it have a removable bowl? I think some rice cookers do. I wish I could get a rice that had it all nutrition-wise. Soylent rice.

Yes it does. It's 6 quarts but if you're as lazy as you portray, you're just going to gorge on bachelor chow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I use pixie blood but w/e you must be poor, lol