Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Snaguaro posted:

I wanna get a detachable shower head but this place has absolutely terrible water pressure, so most heads of this sort just kinda dribble.

Any recommendations for a detachable head that can still work reasonably okay with lousy pressure?

https://www.amazon.com/Niagara-Conservation-Handheld-Massage-Showerhead/dp/B002OSMVE4/

I've had one of these things for... *looks at Amazon's You Bought This label* Huh. Four years. And the spray is just now getting wonky from the hard water here. I get pretty good water pressure out of this thing, but if you don't, well, it's cheap as hell (even if you have to buy from alternate sellers) so it's not too big of a bummer. Maybe there's a new model that can be bought straight through Amazon, I don't know, but this is the one I have and I like it. It doesn't have a lot of different massaging settings, but be honest with yourself. Did you ever use those anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Nude Hoxha Cameo posted:

i spent years sleeping on foam mattresses and would never do so again. the heat, and eventually the degradation of the materials; ugh

not sure what i’d go with if i were in the market today, probably a multi zone pocket coil support layer with latex and / or maybe micro coils in the comfort layer

Any particular opinions on Sleep Numbers?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I have a Leesa mattress and I like it. But one thing to consider about it and I suspect any other foam/latex mattress is that it doesn't really breathe. So if you sleep hot, BOY WILL YOU SLEEP HOT. It's not a huge issue for me since I tend to be cold, but I do occasionally wake up drenched in sweat.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Leavemywife posted:

When it comes to buying contacts online, I've never done it before. Do any of you buy your contacts online? I'm really thinking about switching over from my glasses, but my preliminary research is showing me that this poo poo is expensive. Is there a site you recommend?

I have the opposite question. I'm all stocked up on contacts, but am wondering where's a good place to buy glasses online. Warby Parker is the main one I've heard of, but I'm open to other places if they're good. I'm a woman, so preferably somewhere with a decent selection of women's frames.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Anybody know what will get hard water stains off windows? The Internet says vinegar (the Internet ALWAYS says vinegar), but vinegar did not touch these stains. What else should I try before I just give up and call a window guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

How about a Bluetooth speaker? I only need a small one, nothing fancy. Doesn't have to blow me away with sound quality, I just want to sound mostly fine and play it quietly in my room at work.

I would just wing it on something this simple, but I got a cheap iHome speaker at Best Buy and it worked great except it would randomly jack up the volume to ULTRA LOUD a couple of times a day which is not ideal in the workplace. I'm not ruling out that it was my phone being the rear end in a top hat and not the speaker itself, but the speaker is cheaper to replace than the phone so I'm starting there.