Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Queen Combat posted:

I splurged and got myself some of those bone-conducting headphones a few months ago and they've been my favorite headphone purchase ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

skooma512 posted:

I'm debating getting a kindle paperwhite. I know I can get tons of free ebooks from the library, but my nightstand has a bunch of regular books on it already.

Last year I bought one and I'm quite happy with it. I already had loads of books on my Amazon wishlist so I'm good for about the next 80 years.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Guilty posted:

Use real loofahs instead of buying into some synthetic bandwagon poo poo?

Another lobbyist for BIG LOOFAH :argh:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I swear by Modal jersey finish sheets. They are soft, and are great for both warm and cool weather. The only shortcoming is they start to pill pretty badly, but I prefer them to any other fabric for sheets.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Back in the seventies when I was a kid my parents made me grind their coffee and brew it. I was well trained. I hated that fuckin grinder because I was a tiny shrimp and it was a bitch to turn the handle smoothly, and the stupid little tray would sometimes fall out (there was nothing holding it in) and the grounds would go everywhere.

This is probably why I did not become a coffee drinker.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

who the gently caress is scraeming "stop wearing undershirts" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never stop wearing undershirts

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I also have mutant ears that rejects buds but these stayed in for most of a workout.
drat.

It's funny because I have mutant ears that reject those spherical earpieces. I can wear Apple style ones just fine so I decided to give their basic AirPods a go and they're really good. I especially like them because I'm hearing impaired and with both in I suddenly don't hate talking on a smartphone so much.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

When it comes to sheets and pillowcases I switched to beech/Modal many years ago and never looked back. Although the jersey finish I prefer pills up pretty badly they are soft, stay cool in Summer and warm in winter, and also absorb alot of moisture before they feel damp.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Tossing in my usual recommendation for Modal/beech fiber sheets. With a jersey finish it's soft, absorbs moisture if you sweat, good temperature management.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I have a Theracane and it's good. Have to be careful when you first get one not to exert too much pressure. I would love some sort of vibrating massager for my back but the only ones I've tried were so wimpy that as soon as you press them against your skin they start to lug, like the kind that slip over a chair so you can lean back against them.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Where is your periscope?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Captain Lavender posted:

Below freezing weather and snow has hit where I live, and my hands instantly dried up like a desert. 4 of my knuckles are split and bleeding.

I've tried Eucerin hand cream, and a few others, but nothing is helping. Any recommendations for a really good or restorative hand cream? I had decent results with O'Keefe's foot stuff, is their hand cream good too?

Otherwise, I drink a lot of water, not sure how to prevent dry skin like this.

I struggled for many years with this problem and tried pretty much everything. Gold Bond Ultimate Healing with Aloe has been the absolute winner. It comes in an unscented version, and doesn't leave my hands feeling greasy. I bought a small tube to keep at work and between that and being very careful when drying my hands after washing them things have been so much better.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I'm using nail clippers I stole from my dad when I moved out. They're probably fifty years old and seem to still work well. I expect they will outlast me.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Inspector 34 posted:

My wife really wants a telescope and I'd like to get her one for her birthday.

If you haven't already you can check out the amateur astronomy thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3155317&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Snowmankilla posted:

I am tired of trying to get my wallet, chapstick, keys, phone, and pocket knife in my pockets. Let alone a mask/anything my kids may need. I have a backpack, but am looking for something smaller. Any advice/ recommendations for something that a not cool 40 year old dad could wear? I am leaning Fanny pack , but not sure I am ready to be 80s dad around the waist, but not cool enough to wear across the chest like a rapper?

Any other not cool dads?

If Duluth Trading is still making their Five Pocket pants I highly recommend them. I bought a pair of the slim fit regular jeans kind and then two additional pairs because the pockets are awesome, including the little vestigial one that's usually useless.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I only buy Pompeian olive oils. They're good, they're reasonably priced, and you can be sure of what you're getting.

This is what I've been using the last couple of years. Good stuff.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Rolo posted:

Looking for decent underwear because Hanes has somehow gotten even worse. I have 2 pair of Ex Officio boxer briefs and theyre perfect but they were 25 dollars apiece. Is there anything slightly less costly I can get in a 5-10 pack for when I'm not going to be very active?

Edit: Ahhh screw it I'm just gonna buy 5 more EO's and get 1-2 a month until I have a giant collection of the perfect underwear.

I've been getting mine for years from MeUndies and they've held up well. Much more expensive than the Hanes/FotL ones I used to get, but much higher quality.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

:getin:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I'd never heard of Oboz but after struggling to find a comfortable boot I got a pair of their Bozeman Mid and they come close. Unfortunately with each step the right foot toebox crease presses down on my toes and I don't think it's getting any better as I break them in.

I'll never understand why every boot is now built to be an inflexible, unyielding pain device. I had two pairs of Bates standard black leather and nylon boots and they never broke in. Never. They were as rigid the day I threw them out as the day I bought them.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I don't think that I have SAD but I bought one of those lights because I work in an office without windows.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Unlike some people I am diligent in masking all of my blowholes. :colbert:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

thiccabod posted:

I've had good luck with Thirstystone coasters. Had them for years and their level of absorption hasn't seemed to decrease at all:

https://a.co/d/1eXb5Kg

Lol, "last purchased November 22, 2015" if that gives any hint about their longevity

My mom bought me a set and I used them until they developed some stains that I couldn't scrub off. Bought my replacement set in... 2015!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I've used GlassesUSA several times now and have no regrets. Managed to score a fantastic deal where I was able to replace my daily wear glasses and the pair I keep in the car for about $50.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

But that's the only way to achieve a full-body erection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Are there any quality bone-conducting earbuds that are below $100?

I think the thread has made it clear that you need to see a doctor for this! :colbert: