Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

C-Euro posted:

Another travel item question - does anyone have a battery-powered electric razor they're fond of? The cradle for my razor doesn't convert voltage and it doesn't make sense to buy a voltage converter for one item. At the same time, I haven't shaved with a manual razor in years and don't feeling like having a gashed-up face when meeting all of my fiancée's family as I struggle to remember how to do it properly. I think last time I went I had an old bikini trimmer I used but there has to be a better, guy-specific option, right?

Just buy some Schicks or something, they really aren't that bad. It'll be a lot cheaper than buying an electric razor you'll only use every once in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

C-Euro posted:

Speaking of smells, how about a good mouthwash that doesn't make my mouth feel like poo poo in the morning?

Act. Literally everybody go use Act.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Inspector 34 posted:

chopsticks are ... for try hards.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

colas posted:

drat son, calm down. I just wanna listen to standup comedy while I'm in the shower. Nobody wants to watch the videos I watch, buncha savages in this town.

I just throw my phone into a ziplock bag whenever I want to do something like that. :shrug:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I need some good chapstick, what's going to be my best bet?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Dr. dans, as I recommended previously. Made for cancer patients originally, doesn't gently caress around.

Thanks, I'll try some of that. It seems like most chapsticks work by sorta locking the moisture in, which is okay for preventing chapped lips, but doesn't do much to actually heal them. Hopefully that hydrocortisone will make a difference.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm looking for a good blanket. I want one that's soft and comfortable, maybe faux fur or something. It doesn't have to do a super good job of keeping me warm, since even at this time of year I never really get that cold at night. Any suggestions?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Can anybody recommend a good epilator? The one I bought for $30 on amazon isn't cutting it anymore.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Horse Clocks posted:

My wife gets me to get her the latest from the Braun EpilSilk range every few years.

A bit expensive, but I did just get a new job so I guess I can afford to treat myself. Thanks.

e: on an unrelated note, holy poo poo these chips are good. They taste like Funyuns except way more flavorful.

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 08:33 on Feb 10, 2016

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
holy poo poo

e: can you mod your pillow to dispense margaritas

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Anybody know where I can get some unisex scrub tops that have patterns or prints on them? I looked on amazon, but the majority of what they have is for women.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sentient Data posted:

If the patterns you like are only showing up in women's cuts/sizes, contact the companies directly to see if they have what you need. Side question, are you positive they're women-specific and not just unisex marketed toward women?

Yeah, they're all cut in an hourglass shape.

Eponine posted:

Cherokee makes Tooniforms, so check them out. I think you can't buy directly from their site, but scrubs and beyond seems to carry quite a few.

I did see that Tooniforms has a few unisex prints up for sale on amazon, but none of them really interested me all that much.

e: well okay this one did, but I'm not enough of a doof to wear it

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Etrips posted:

So... Why do you want scrub prints?

Because I want to wear something to work other than flat colors?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I need a good pair of noise cancelling earbuds, something not priced for audiophiles. Any suggestions?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Anjow posted:

To UK based folk, can anyone recommend a men's deodorant (not anti-perspirant) that isn't aerosol based? Admittedly I have only been looking in supermarkets, but every single thing I've found that isn't an aerosol is an anti-perspirant.

If the reason you don't want an antiperspirant is because you're one of those nutbars who are worried about aluminum, then use this.

https://www.amazon.com/Arm-Hammer-Essentials-Natural-Deodorant/dp/B0199TELHK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hrvstmn31 posted:

I know its a little late but have you checked out Tough Tested's earbuds? Instead of using the magic of technology to block noise they're pretty much just earplugs with a decent set of earbuds attached to them. Theres 3 types in order of cost though I saw them all for the same price at Lowes: Ranger Jobsite Marine.

Those look good, but you're too late. I needed a father's day gift and ended up going with a memory foam pillow instead.