Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Horse Clocks posted:

I recently had a baby and accidentally nicked a blanket from the hospital.

But it grips itself lightly, a bit like Velcro but nowhere near as strong, when placed against itself, which makes it great at swaddling the baby and not have her wriggle out.

Anybody know of something similar? We’ve tried those purpose made swaddles and she doesn’t like them. But all burritoed up in this (presumably cheap) polyester blanket? No problem.

Something like 95% of swaddling blankets in US hospitals are manufactured by Medline (Kuddle-up), which you can get on Amazon and eBay. See if any of those look familiar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
I am looking for a versatile thermos that can work to carry e.g. soup or be used as a regular water bottle; as a gift for an outdoorsy guy. What are some sub- $50 options?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Thanks for the mug/thermos recommendations! I may end up buying one for myself too. :)

I am also looking for a product I saw here on SA. It's an attachment for a vacuum that you use to clear mucus from sinuses. It was mentioned as an alternative for parents to the bulb-thing you get for newborns. I thought I saw it mentioned in this thread, but maybe it was the recent purchases thread. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Inzombiac posted:

I need to compress a GIANT (8 foot) beanbag chair. Well, it's memory foam but whatever.

I'd like to use a vacuum bag but I can't find any that big.

Help! It's enormous and otherwise cannot be transported without a truck.
Is it a single piece of foam? Or are there smaller pieces that you could take out of the cover and vacuum-bag separately?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Have you tried checking out AARP or Alz.org (Alzheimer's site) to see if they recommend anything? Googling "dementia mp3 player" nets a bunch of results but I don't have any personal experience of any of them.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

I brought my Drake posted:

Tbh I was hoping somebody had expertise in this sort of thing and could give me this kind of answer, so thanks. :) I'll dork around with my blanks and stickers for the nonce.

I think there's a goon in the Aliexpress thread who makes their own resin dice, you might try there for advice. Or ask in one of the hobby threads if anybody does custom commissions.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Inspector 34 posted:

Got the job I interviewed for so time to buy some pants! The Duluth ones in particular look awesome since I might be able to use them for more than just going into the office.

Congrats! Nth-ing the Duluth recommendation, they can seem pricey but they are good quality and versatile.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
I am looking for a replacement for my Jabra 75 headset for work calls. It has one specific feature I really like, which is that flipping up the microphone automatically mutes it. I like having that physical indicator so I don't have to worry about accidentally unmuting. Are there other brands with the same function? Is there a headphone thread somewhere I should be checking?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Perfect, thanks!

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
I like using my phone as an alarm clock for its functionality, but I want to have a separate device for that purpose. I used to use my old phone for this with no SIM card in it, but it finally bit the dust. Is there an alarm clock that:

Allows multiple alarms to be set simultaneously (e.g. one at 7 to wake me up, and one at noon to remind me to feed the cat, but I can turn off the 7 AM one on Saturdays)
    Has snooze options
    Is USB-chargeable
    Is small enough to carry around if I want to bring it with me to another room
    Has a timer function

Or should I just buy a new phone or tablet just so I can use the Clock function that does all that?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Man, if only. :( None of the clocks at my local Wallyworld have the Wake 2 option, you can only have 1 alarm set at a time.

And yeah, I am in the "gently caress no" camp re: WiFi devices recording everything I say.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

yeah because you need it to be portable i think a phone might be a good option. there are also digital watches that can do it. amazon listed potty training watches for rechargeable/digital

Oh I never thought of a [smart] watch, that's a good call.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Wendigee posted:

Do they make biodegradable bags for scooping cat litter clumps and turds into? I don't like to put it in a plastic bags from the grocery store to carry the stinky clumps to the outdoor bin it's wasteful

Edit:and I don't shop with those bags anymore and I'm out what's a good thing to use

I haven't used them, but I have seen biodegradable cat poop bags at Tractor Supply Company, next to the dog-doo bags. Personally I scoop into a large bin with a lid and take it out when it is full. It is still a plastic bag bin liner but it can hold a lot more volume than using a single bag every day. I have been toying with using a large paper grocery bag in the bin but I am not sure if it would hold up to the moisture over time.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Organza Quiz posted:

Switch to tofu litter, it's flushable and honestly also the best litter I've ever seen in every other respect too. Clumps well, removes stink fast, no dust, does track a bit but not overly much.

My municipal jurisdiction recommends against flushing cat waste, regardless of the litter type. I can't remember if it messes up the reclamation plant chemistry or what. So you might want to check on that first.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Olewithmilk posted:

Anyone know where I can get something cheap, that somebody else will buy from me for a lot of money? Not sure this will work, but thinking if I can do that enough times I won't have to work anymore.

My friend have you tried lsd?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Moot .1415926535 posted:

Looking for a good neck pillow for a long plane flight. I usually end up tipping forward if I’m sitting in the middle, so something that prevents my neck from breaking if that happens would be great.

I have heard good things about the TRTL neck pillow, but it made me feel kinda claustrophobic when I tried a knockoff one. YMMV.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

credburn posted:

Goons, tell me what the best boner pills are that I can buy from like amazon.

This is a serious request.

I don't know how to not make this sound like satire.

I am not a user of boner pills but I am pretty sure that the only kind that actually do anything are prescription-only.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Most of us have to make do with just the one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
If you are crafty you can even make your own custom trays with some cardboard, fabric, and snaps or magnets.