Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

bunnielab posted:

I am looking for a standalone rain hood. Google doesn't really come up with much, I bought the Showers Stop one but it is too small for my fat neck. I am desperate for anything at this point. I need it to wear with a dry suit thus the need for a standalone hood.

Maybe a rain hat will work for you? They make ones with a attachable neck and sides flap.

Go all old school with http://www.amazon.com/Dutch-Harbor-Gear-SouWester-Yellow/dp/B009Q2BHOG/

king of the bongo has a new favorite as of 02:14 on Dec 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

Side Effects posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations for some nice and thick boot socks? I don't really mind paying more for quality if they will last me a while. All of my boot socks are pretty cheap and are already starting to go threadbare.

People socks merino wool socks on amazon. You can get 4pair for 25$ and they are nice and thick.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

No outdoors stuff, I travel a lot and have taken to throwing all my poo poo in a backpack rather than carrying around a big suitcase. Clothes and random junk, no laptop though. I've been using the same $30 backpack for like 5 years and it's starting to fall apart.

E: this guy caught my eye but I'm open to suggestions.

How do you travel (plane, train, automobile?) and how many clothes and junk do you take when you travel. You mention carrying the contents of a big suitcase and then linked to a 6" deep bag. If you want to haul a bunch of stuff get a hiking pack like deuter or a messenger backpack from reload bags. I have bags from both and the deuter backpack (I have a regular speedlite30 one not a big hiking pack) is slim and can carry a lot without a sweaty back. The reload bag is a workhorse that has been in a few bicycle accidents and multiple international trips and is still going and is massive if you get the larger sizes.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

Jewce posted:

Thanks for the responses. I did search google and found both the ones mentioned, but they weren't the brand I initially saw. I appreciate the help though! I'm sure I'll come across it at some point.

Humn? Fulcro? I like my ainste RFID one. It is not exactly what you mentioned but is close.