Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008
Alarm clocks-

I used to use a Neverlate 7-day Alarm Clock but they seem to be discontinued and don't exactly fit your criteria.

I now use Gentle Alarm on my phone since it's sitting there charging anyway. It works great and has more useful features/options than any alarm clock I've ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

C-Euro posted:

What is the best, most effective hand moisturizer available in the U.S.?

That would be Okeeffe's Hand Cream

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

m.hache posted:

2. Place to buy good comfortable boxer/briefs.

I've been buying ExOfficio boxer briefs and they are awesome. They are pretty expensive but worth it.
Here they are on Amazon U.S.

ExOfficio retailer map, I see they do have retailers in Canada.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

Bunk Rogers posted:

Exofficio are nice. I still prefer MeUndies and with the monthly service they're about $16 per.

Are you saying they have an underwear of the month club? I couldn't find anything like that on their website.

I did see this though

365 pairs of underwear, that would probably last me the rest of my life.

I do like the look of them though, I may have to try a pair. Thanks.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

Comatoast posted:

I need a powered USB hub that is functionally rock solid. It can be plastic and cheap feeling as long as it's function as a USB hub is unquestionable. The application is for a cnc router, where it will sit in between the computer and the router. If it were to fail in the middle of a cut it could cost lots of money and time and customer satisfaction.

I bought on of these -
AmazonBasics 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 5V/2.5A power adapter
-to use with my Raspberry Pi. It works great and seems well made, I've had no problems with it.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008
The oil filled radiator heaters work great. I have one of these and it geats my ~150 square foot bed room uncomfortably warm if I set the thermostat on it to high. I don't notice much of a difference in my electric bill when I use it.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008
I like CKRT knives (Colombia River Knife and Tool). Fairly cheap and we'll made. I've been carrying one for the last six years or so. Amazon sells them.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008
Amazon has Gold To socks in large sizes - $15 for a six pack.
http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Toe-Cotton-Athletic-6-Pack/dp/B0002TW2IM

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008
Any recommendations for a good ip camera? There are so many brands and styles it's a little overwhelming.

What I'm looking for -
Outdoor
Wired or wireless (prefer wireless)
720p or 1080p
PTZ would be nice but not at all required

I don't care at all about the phone apps that they use as I will not be using them or any included cloud storage. It will be used with a QNAP ts-431 NAS server and it's built in security station.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008
I used to work at an Amazon fulfillment center pulling orders from the warehouse shelves. When customers chose to pay extra for next day shipping a different team of people would pull those orders to make sure they were sent out on time.

They used the blue Ikea bags to carry the orders on their lap around warehouse.

Fun fact - the shoes that Amazon and Zappos sell come from the same warehouse and are stored on the same shelves all mixed together, they are just put in different boxes to ship. Brown for Amazon, white for Zappos.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

m.hache posted:

Can anyone recommend a good whittling knife?

The wife and I went camping this weekend and she has a desire to just hack away at wood while we sit by the fire. I'd like to get her something nicer than the Canadian Tire special I have now.

All of these are well regarded knives

https://www.amazon.com/Flexcut-Carvin-Jack-Right-Hand/dp/B000ZUBDV0 - Also available left handed if she's a wierdo
https://www.amazon.com/Flexcut-Tool-JKN88-Whittlin-Jack/dp/B005V400AA
https://www.amazon.com/115465-Carvers-Congress-Whittler-Rosewood/dp/B000O52W1Q

If you live near a Woodcraft Store they offer (paid) classes in woodcarving or you can just go talk to the employees there. Everyone I have talked to at the store near me has been very helpful and extremely knowledgeable.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

colas posted:

Have any of you actually used to soap dispenser built into your kitchen sink?

I have one in my sink and use it every day. I mostly bought it to fill in the hole where the sprayer would go but ended up finding it really handy.

theHUNGERian posted:

Can anybody recommend a winter comforter?

If you don't mind waiting a bit for it to be made you could find a quilting group in your area and stop in one of thier meetings. I'm sure one of the ladies would be happy to make one for you. My mother quilts and made one for me out of old fleece shirts with wool batting in it. It's very warm and huge, 7ft x 9ft.

edit: measured the quilt 7x9ft

Biscuit Joiner has a new favorite as of 01:32 on Sep 18, 2016

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008
I have a Mobius dashcam and am very happy with it. I've been using it for two years without any problems other than replacing the battery with a super capacitor. I think it was around $70 plus $10 for the super capacitor.

There is also a dashcam thread where can get some other opinions.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3597215

Biscuit Joiner has a new favorite as of 18:36 on Nov 8, 2016

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

Roulette posted:

Does anyone have any other camera suggestions?

I have a Mobius camera that I use as a dashcam in my car.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DP1WYD2
It does 1080p video, can run off the internal battery or external power source, uses microsd cards, has a built-in tripod mount point and is less than $80.

There are a few different models. The one linked above is the narrow lens model, a wide angle version (named C2 lens) is also available.
After the wedding you can use it as dashcam in your car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

PRADA SLUT posted:

Speaking of GoPros, which memory card do I want that gives me faster transfer speeds?

It takes an hour to transfer 30 gigabytes through the card reader on my Mac with the included SDHC card (that I don't know the details of off-hand, but it came with the GoPro).

Here is a good explanation
https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/

GoPros require at least a class 10 card. If the card that you have is class 10 and it's taking an hour to to transfer 30gb then you have a bottleneck somewhere else.