Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Thermapen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

I have had this particular Black and Decker rice cooker for what feels like 20 years(edit: about 15 years now that I think about it, since I got it around the time of my first roommate). it still works perfectly, though the inside of the bowl has worn away a bit from countless rubbings/scrapings/scoopings, it still works great and I've used it probably thousands of times at this point. It cooks up to 7 cups of rice at once, and cooks anything else you put in with the rice of course. It is braindead simple and literally has two settings, cook and warm.

here is an ebay listing for I think a brand new version of the same model I have for 40 shipped, if that one gets snatched up before you get it there's others listed that are lightly used for 10-20 bucks plus shipping. if you are absolutely on a budget it'll do you well for a long, long time.

e: I swear that the rice cooker Roger Ebert talked about was the above Black and Decker, but the page links to a zojirushi amazon listing now. maybe it's been updated since his death since that model of B&D cooker isn't made anymore, but I feel like the reason I bought that one in the first place is because he linked to it specifically.

In the original version of the article the link to the zojirushi rice cooker is the same but he does mention a black and decker model separately.