Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

naughty_penguin posted:

So I put up some blackout curtains in my bedroom this weekend, and I slept like a rock, but it was kinda hard to wake up in the morning. I know in previous incarnations of this thread someone has recommended an alarm clock that gradually lights up to simulate a sunrise, but I can't find it. Does anyone have a recommendation for something like http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Hf3470-Wake-up-Light-White/dp/B003XN4RIC?

I work nights and have blackout curtains so I can sleep during the day. I have to use earplugs since it's Manhattan, which means I can't really rely on sound to wake me up (though I do still use my phone as a backup). The main alarm I use is this thing: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EX7LNM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm pretty sure it's for deaf people. It has a super loud alarm that I have turned off, and just use the vibrating puck you stick under your mattress. It's so much less unpleasant than the alarm clock sound, and gets me up just as well if not better. Check that poo poo out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Isn't there some danger in sun tea; like some bacteria that grows easily if you do it wrong?
Or maybe that's if you add in sugar as it's steeping.

Uhhhh, doesn't sun tea just mean pee?

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Just came in here to ask about how to keep my place smelling nice when it's too cold out to keep windows open very long...

Additionally, can anyone recommend a toothpaste?

I use Sensodyne Pronamel Gentle Whitening, but I feel like it's just numbing my teeth to eliminate the sensitivity, which I doubt is healthy.

I have no idea if this is even a thing, but I'd really be into something that can keep my teeth strong and rebuild poo poo, if possible. My family just has genetically lovely teeth and I feel like I'm always getting a cavity.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

colas posted:

Anyone know if it's possible to get an area rug to lie flat over carpeting? I have a new/huge rug and it has random bubbles/folds that keep popping up.

Do you have a non-slip pad under the rug?

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

baquerd posted:

It's just oil. You put the oil on the pan. Don't put the hose on the pan, just rub that oil in and it'll act like a nice moisturized skin. Paper towel and oil, that's great. If you don't have oil, butter can do in an extreme pinch. Just keep that on there and rub it in like you're going to take that skin off and wear it.

This was pretty solid, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
With winter around the corner I'm looking to get a good, quality pair of slippers. I'm super pro wool as a material, if possible. Figure I'm planning for around $75 for a pair that will last me a long time, but I can go higher if need be.

Any ideas, thread?