Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TUTRLE FIJURBLER
Jan 20, 2009

"Even the best of shellfish have a dark side."
\
:backtowork:
Hello product recommendation thread!

Christmas is coming and I'm looking for a good quality, very bright flashlight that's not going to break the bank to get for my mom when she walks the dogs at night. My first choice when doing preliminary research was the tiny monster (tm11 2000lumen) which when all was said and done came to around $200.

Now, I'm not sure if that about the average price for what would be considered a "good" flashlight would be and what makes a good flashlight in the first place. I'm ok with spending some money because the people that drive the road at night are goddamn idiots and are constantly doing 25 over the speed limit so the brighter the better.

On the other hand, my dad wants to spend something like $60 for something but I don't think it would be that much of an upgrade from what we have now (Milwaukee work light 12v).

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TUTRLE FIJURBLER
Jan 20, 2009

"Even the best of shellfish have a dark side."
\
:backtowork:

Geoj posted:

I've had a LED Lenser 880028 for four years now. Uses 3 AAAs and has a very bright beam. You used to be able to buy them from Lowe's and Home Depot but then Coast stopped selling them under license. Very good flashlight for under $40.

e: for that matter pretty much anything in their lineup is great from a quality and price standpoint until you get into niche market equipment like diving flashlights and absurdly overkill poo poo like this.

Ended up buying a lenser brand from amazon. It looked perfect for what we needed it for. Thanks for the suggestion and thanks everyone else for the input!

Still waiting on it to arrive, will update post when it does.