Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yo, hit me with your favorite kitchen items goons. Specifically things that make life easier

I have some decent ceramic knives, nice set of silverware, cutting boards, couple lovely pots and pans, nice bowls, and a nice blender plus some barebones poo poo like plates and a couple pots. Trying to cook more and eat healthy etc. Love making salads. Should probably invest in a good skillet.

Do you like to make stews and curries but don't want to wait hours and hours (I actually didn't intend for this to sound like an infomercial when I started writing it)?

A Pressure Cooker is actually amazingly useful. I was first introduced to pressure cookers by my wife who is of Indian origin for making curries quickly and easily while still getting nice soft meat. I've since started using it for stews and even pasta sauces when I'm including sausage / pork chops. The thing is amazing and is easy to use.

You don't need a fancy one, and can get them starting at about $50. My wife had ours when we met 10 years ago, and we're still using it today.

e: If you want a starter recipe, just PM me and I can give you a very easy and tasty one that I make a variation of at least twice a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU