Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Concept 2 is definitely the standard when it comes to rowers. They're 900 bucks but you definitely get what you pay for. They also hold their value quite well. I sold one that was 15-20 years old (I got it used, not sure on exact age) 2 years ago for 300 bucks. Went within the hour on Craigslist so I probably under priced it. With pandemic going on it might be tough to find one new or used though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The ipod shuffle does exactly that but not sure if they are still obtainable.

Found this on Amazon when googling ipod shuffle.

https://www.amazon.com/AGPTEK-Shuff...06494359&sr=8-8

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm not an expert but the Revlon one we have is certainly the best I've used in my life.

https://www.amazon.com/Revlon-Salon-Professional-Nail-Clipper/dp/B078HH45P5

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Any recommendations for a car jumper? My wife's car is a plugin that is incapable.of jump starting another car. And my car battery is dead due to quarantining. Not looking for much functionality besides jumping my car at home. Should I just get the cheapest thing on Amazon?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Does the trickle charger require plug to be within easy reach? Is it safe to have hooked up if it rains?

And would I just hook it up every few weeks for a few days to keep a charge on my battery?

bamhand has a new favorite as of 15:43 on Mar 21, 2021

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
So there's a bird living in our dryer vent where it connects to the outside. There is an exhaust vent that looks like this:
https://thunderbirdproducts.com/products/dryer-vent-exhaust-vent
Is there some kind of wire mesh or other product we can place inside that to block off access to the bird? The idea would be to keep the current thing in place but put something inside of it. I'm not sure if there is a product that already does that or if it's more of a DIY situation. If the latter, what would be the best way to secured something in place?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Are the hoods generally easily removable? We just discovered the issue today and haven't had a chance to get a ladder up there to take a close look yet. Not really familiar with the common materials used for vents so suggestion like the pipe clamp is good since I didn't know that was a thing that existed.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Any recommendations for a floor cleaner that works on hardwood and tile and can be mixed in a bucket for mopping? Most of the stuff I find are either a spray or only work on one type of surface.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Does it need to be rinsed off? I mainly wanted this to be used with a bucket because I feel the no bucket spray products won't have enough liquid to keep the mop clean as I go through the whole room. So I want to be able to run the mop through a bucket after every section.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah that's what I've been doing. Most of the spray products say no rinse no bucket. But then I don't see how all that brown is going to get cleaned off the mop.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Dicty Bojangles posted:

You keep changing the water and adding some more cleaner, eventually it all comes off the mop like it comes off your floor and then you can do a final rinse pass with plain water.

I'm saying the spray products just say to spray on and mop. You don't use a bucket at all. Which is why I'm doubting they get all the dirt out. Also a lot of products say they don't need to be rinsed off with the final pass with plain water.

Which is why for my request I was looking for a product that you mix in a bucket, and can be used on both hardwood and tile.

So anyways, it looks like Simple Green is a solution. I think I can probably just ignore the no bucket part of the spray bottle instruction and use spray + bucket. In which case, Rejuvenate All Floors Cleaner seems popular.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Same. We have google nest can I can't download faster than 12 megabytes (100 megabits)/s despite having a faster connection than that. It's super hassle free set up though and I don't download enough stuff where the speed reduction is an issue. Latency is fine.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Anyone have experience with these Solgaar closet suitcase/backpacks?

Can't I feel like they could either be gimmicky or actually super nice. Had an Iceland trip recently where I was staying in a different hotel every night and the clothing required each day varied from full winter gear to swim suits. That seems like the ideal use case for something like this?

https://solgaard.co/products/carry-on-closet?variant=41612097978541

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is there a type of wood I should be looking for in furniture if I don't want bottom of the barrel Amazon stuff? Not looking for crazy expensive, but maybe Ikea or better quality?

Also this is for a cat litter box enclosure. Something like this but not $700. I am skeptical about quality on a lot of the ~$100 options.
https://www.tuftandpaw.com/collections/all/products/rifiuti-litterbox