Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I already have a 3L water bladder that I need a camelbak-esque pack for. Do they sell just packs anywhere or am I doomed to get a camelbak with a bladder already inside? This is used for mountain biking so something that would go well with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Turns out a daypack was what I'm looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/Osprey-234900-345-P-Daylite-Backpack/dp/B00AOIC664

I think I found something perfect and cheap

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Etrips posted:

Need a recommendation on some sort of lamp / bulb something to use at my computer desk to simulate daylight. I work third shift and normally try to stay up on my off days during my third shift hours to keep a consistent sleeping pattern. However, the problem I am having is that if I have an exhausting day at work and end up sleeping in an extra hour or two, by the time I wake up the sun has already set and my body goes to crap and wants to just go back to sleep.

tl;dr - need something to simulate day light for my computer desk.

Also would love a computer desk recommendation.

I think you're looking for full spectrum lighting or something along those lines.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunlight-Natural-Spectrum-Simulates-Daylight/dp/B003DRBOJ8

My go to computer desk is just an IKEA Galant desk top and it works great.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Crain posted:

I need a new wallet. Preferably leather but I don't really care about the color. Just want something tough that'll last a long time. I've had a khol's brand wallet for like 10 years and it's now actively failing at being a wallet.

I enjoy my Bellroy wallet

http://bellroy.com/

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

my girlfriend got me one of those melted wax scentsy things and it works pretty well if you want the smell of a candle without the worry of a flame

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

FutonForensic posted:

I'm tossing out all my awful t-shirts for something a bit nicer. Who makes decent solid-color henley shirts with a college student budget in mind?

Kohls?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I am looking for a specific high end office chair. I remember seeing it on the website where it's design was around the different seating positions we generally do in a chair. Sitting up, sliding down and lounging, legs in the chair, etc. Anyone know what I am talking about?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Etrips posted:

Lots of stuff. Herman Miller Embody or Aeron, Steelcase Leap or Gesture.

We have a thread dedicated to office chairs: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383243

Thanks. It was the Gesture I was thinking of. I may have to settle for a used Leap or Aeron because I can't seem to find a used Gesture and I sure as hell am not going to pay 1,000 for a chair.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Blindeye posted:

Any recommendations for a pair of really durable straight fit jeans? I like my Levis 505s but they wear out at the crotch from abrasion really fast (1-2 years).

It's time to upgrade your life to raw denim. Try Naked & Famous and the denim thread in YLLS

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

wrong thread

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Learning guitar is one of the best ways to landing tail in college. Plant a seed that will sprout in 8 years.

But really having a musician education is known to improve brain function and who knows might even peel him away from the games.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My bellroy wallet is nice and good

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I bought IKEAs latex mattress and it's pretty baller

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

spookygonk posted:

Which one? Have been doing a lot of overnight stays in hotels with work recently and pretty much every hotel's mattress is better than mine at home.

It's whatever was the most expensive one they had. Sultan erfjord I think is the model name right now.

It's held up pretty well for the past two years and havent had any sinkage. Should probably still flip it though

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

MeUndies forever.

I talk about those drat things all the time to my friends. I have somehow been able to pay off a few debts with underwear purchases and they love them.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

m.hache posted:

Weird request,

I have $30 to Amazon.ca. Any recommendations for ANY product around that price point that you use. I'm curious to see what useless/awesome crap I don't have in my life that goons will come up with.

http://www.filleritem.com/

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

any hair clippers work as a good body groomer as thats really all they are. my balls and taint are nice and trimmed.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Go to a thrift store or a college campus. Microwaves are pretty easy to come by second hand.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I just bought some tencel sheets based off a recommendation from a friend. They come in today so I'll let you know. I'm a hot sleeper on a latex foam mattress so hopefully it helps

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R2FCSSS/ref=sr_ph_1?m=AOFIBMXVIVCJ6&ie=UTF8&qid=1436298424&sr=1&keywords=tencel

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Sheets update: Tencel owns. It's cool, soft, and feels like a mix of silk and cotton fibers.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My Saris Bones is holding up well. Thules I've heard is good as well

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

stubblyhead posted:

Recommend to me a vacuum cleaner! We've had a Dyson DC07 for a good while now, and though we've been happy with the results, it's also extremely heavy and hard to maneuver. My wife is interested in a self-propelled one, but failing that one that is not so heavy might suffice. A bagless would be better, but it's not a requirement. Any suggestions?

Shark Navigator (NV22S)

which is a pretty good inexpensive upright. They have a lift away version that's good too

I just got this and love it. The amount of hair it picks up every week that seems to shed off my girlfriends head is ridiculous

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Etrips posted:

Any recommendations on a vacuum for stair steps?

Similar to what I posted earlier but the Shark Navigator Lift Away would probably work well enough

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Nest

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

An oak barrel to age whisky is a cool and good gift. Takes maybe a month or two and any whisky will smooth out and become delicious.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hydrocodone posted:

Are there any particularly good sound bars for a TV in the $200-$400 range? And if they connect via bluetooth, is the sound quality any less than by wire?

VIZIO S4251w-B4

I have those and it's pretty good. Can get cheaper off eBay. Bluetooth and solid sound. The wireless sub is a nice touch

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

If you want warm get a Hudson Bay wool blanket. There's a reason they have been in business since the 1700s.

Oh you said you don't give a poo poo if it's warm. Well never mind.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Buy the scooter then post about in the favorite recent purchase thread

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'd like a good hand steamer to freshen up clothes. Pick up whatever at good will or what

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The former budget option on thesweethome has served me well in the last couple weeks. They have since updated their recommendations

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

zachol posted:

I have a larger Delta H2OKinetic showerhead that's a real beast, but I can't find it on Amazon. This looks like a smaller, cheaper version that just has the relevant setting. The wave thing actually works really well.

That's the one I have and it's legit

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Read the sleep like the dead website. With that said I enjoy my latex IKEA mattress a whole lot.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

First check the sweet home

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

colas posted:

What's good aftershave balm or cream for dry/itchy neck skin?

I'm using Jack Black aftershave soothing gel and it's okay. I think I prefer Nivea's though. Pretty much just try different things out and see which you like best.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

baquerd posted:

So many electric toothbrushes out there... what's the most economical option without sacrificing essential functionality?

Oral-B Pro 1000. $50 and does what you need it to do. It goes for 2 minutes and vibrates every 30 seconds to signal you to change mouth quadrants. You really don't need anything else.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I don't personally but the sweet home did just this very thing! I had never heard of it honestly

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-portable-dishwasher/

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

If you have to wear an undershirt wear gray because it wont pop through your clothes and make you look worse

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IACJ6FU/?tag=thewire06-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=WC24590

Wirecutter went with these as their budget pick

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I'm sorry but the mental image of a goon eating out of a dog bowl because (s)he is too lazy to clean a pot and a bowl is both sad and funny

Eat off the floor like the loving animal you are and have no dishes #lifehacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Ice doesn't actually sharpen the blades. It does however knock poo poo off the edges.