Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Red Wing Iron Rangers are dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Not so much a product per se, but what's the best site to get some deals on running shoes? Some on clearance for an actual good price? I can't justify $60+ for shoes anymore.

I came across https://shoekicker.com and it seems to be alright

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I like Patagonia's Nine Trails. I believe they have another model as well.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I shill out me undies whenever possible. Love them.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

MeUndies make butt and dick look good just get them

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

theHUNGERian posted:

Can anybody recommend a winter comforter? Ideally I just want to use a single layer on top of me. If it matters, I have a Leesa mattress (Avena foam on top). I have no idea how to tell good products/companies from bad products/companies.

Go with what colonists swore by to keep warm in Canadian winters.

http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/thebay/brands/bedding-/multistripe-point-blanket-0012-1019553--24

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Irritated Goat posted:

Goons, I need a new wallet. I'm currently using a phone\wallet case but want to move to something a bit slimmer since I'm also looking for a car phone mount as well. Help?

http://bellroy.com/

I love my Bellroy wallet

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lol how did y'all not learn about concave or convex mirrors in school?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

But a kuerig and a cheap French press you can put away?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Superfeet are great. Definitely give them a try before dropping the money on custom inserts

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Clean your home, douse the entire thing in Nature's Miracle, and keep it clean.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Flaggy posted:

200 tops? I know that isn't alot for a good chair. I just looked at Steelcase and holy hell thats alot of money for a chair.

Look for them at an office liquidator. You should be able to get a steelcase leap for ~300 in perfectly serviceable condition.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Trabant posted:

I'm probably in the minority with this advice, but... ditch the undershirt? It doesn't look good with unbuttoned dress shirts and it looks even worse under polos. You can remedy that with a deep enough V-neck but, looks aside, I always find them counterproductive in the summer months. I live in central TX and the thought of actually adding layers -- even one made of a technical fabric -- as the weather warms up... Yeesh.

On the other hand, maybe I'm just weird and don't sweat enough to need/appreciate undershirts.

Letting that hair fly is the right answer. I'm right with you man

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I need some new nonstick frying pans and saucepans. Nothing Michelin-rated, but I don't want department store crap, either.

Also, kitchen knives. Same deal as above--I'm not Anthony Bourdain, just a guy who wants something nicer than what's at the store.

I believe the Tojiro DP Gyutou is the current goon choice for an entry level knife. Or the Victorinox 8" Chef's.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Hm... I think I'd rather try my luck with a foil shaver, but thanks for the tip.

Does anyone have any links to reputable product reviews for electric shavers that I can look at? Again, the last time I did research on these things was in like 2009, so some more recent reviews would probably help me out a lot.

http://m.thesweethome.com/reviews/best-electric-razor/

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

dantheman650 posted:

Looking for men's workout shorts with built in mesh undies. Mainly for lifting, has to have pockets.

I absolutely love my Patagonia Nine Trails shorts. Liner. Zip pockets. Good length.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Darn tough are great but don’t have any that could be considered dress socks. You might find something that will work for you though.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

If nothing else their who needs this and why these things are good sections are useful so you can understand what to look for if you go your own way.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

NarwhalParty posted:

This is more of a service than a product, but does anybody have any experience with buying dental insurance individually? My insurance through my employer only covers crowns every five years and I'm looking for a supplement before I go broke. Looks like afac may have an okay plan.

This may be an option for you. When I didn’t have a job I got what was essentially one of those diners club cards. You pay maybe $100 or so and when you go into the dentist you get a discount on work done. I believe mine was around 50% off fillings and minor operations. Google dental discount cards as a start.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Julet Esqu posted:

Technically illegal, but plenty of dentists will do it anyway.

Pretty much what that discount card I mentioned is since you have to pay at time of services provided. And it’s legal

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

That should do it

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I like my Bellroy. Slim enough, looks good and has solid construction

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I know it’s a bit out of your budget but GoRuck bags are great with a lifetime replacement warranty. They can be abused to hell and back no problem.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

wheatpuppy posted:

I am looking for a versatile thermos that can work to carry e.g. soup or be used as a regular water bottle; as a gift for an outdoorsy guy. What are some sub- $50 options?

Zojirushi thermos

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Oh cool didn’t know they had a twist top bottle version now. My Walmart tumbler owns.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-knife-set/

If you need a knife set there ya go.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I have this guy for my phone mount. Never had an issue.

Nite Ize HDB-02-R3 HandleBand Clear in Card Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FU4N4OK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_WW24Ab9FMFAER

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Whats the name of that coffee table book with a bunch of obscure and almost Lovecraftian designs and sketches?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Rolo posted:

My wallet is ten years old and just a basic bifold leather wallet from the mall. I’ve started carrying a lot more plastic and could use something slim, light, and easy to sit on without ruining it.

E: is SlimFold a good brand?

Not sure about slimfold quality but my belroy slim has held up real nicely.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

colas posted:

Which (hand) dishwashing soap should I buy?

Which insoles should I buy? I'm on my feet a lot for work.

I like Meyers for hand soap.

Get some green superfeet or whichever superfeet works for you. They rock.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Weber grills are a classic workhorse. Can’t go wrong with that and they are very reasonably priced.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Is there a considered best water repellent for car windows? Need to apply a treatment and get new wipers

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Trabant posted:

Bellroy frequently comes up as a suggestion for slim wallets on the internet. Haven't handled one myself though.

I have a Bellroy and it’s good for sure but I don’t know if they have a slim style like they’re looking for.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

1redflag posted:

Can anyone recommend a good trifold wallet? I can’t stand them myself, but it’s my father-in-law’s birthday and it’s all he wants. Willing to spend up to $200 bucks, but I’m having a difficult time finding a not-lovely-quality trifold.

Like I said above Bellroy is quality and not crazy expensive

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Go to your local thrift store or pawn

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I enjoy my MeUndies and their fun prints. But you can’t go wrong with any of the suggestions

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I saw that goon candy man Raley's Confectionary closed shop at the end of 2018. It's a huge bummer. Where's a place to get similar candy?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZF5m70Pgyc

I suppose if you can tolerate/enjoy something made by Buzzfeed you can watch that video about them having custom candy made in Japan. Really it's only an issue when they're trying to be funny.

This is the video that made me think of Raley since I was gonna plug them in the comments.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

bamhand posted:

Looking for a custom tailored suit < 500. How is Indochino? Vs say, Men's Wearhouse. I don't know much about suits and I realistically would not be wearing it often.

I’d go with Suit Supply for a quality suit that’s not Men’s Wearhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

bamhand posted:

The issue is I need something made to fit because my body is weirdly shaped. Which drives up the price. I have a 48 inch chest, 34 inch waist, and huge butt/quads. Makes any kind of conventional sized clothing fit terribly.

The Suit Supply stuff is <500. The Blue Line especially. If you happen to live in a city that has a store to check them out.

Much like any piece of clothing you just need to make sure the shoulders and chest are ok and tailoring can fix the rest.

Men’s Wearhouse will get you by but their cuts are more boxy and less flattering since they are going for a near off the rack approach.