Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I just want to throw in. I own this, it's great.

The food scale is great too. I had some ground turkey on it once, and sprinkled some garlic salt on there - not much; and the number went up. I'm a big fan of this brand for all the stuff I wanna weigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Julet Esqu posted:

Anybody have a favorite form of ant murder? They are all over my bathroom and it's disgusting. I've been using Terro ant bait, but I think they've developed an immunity or something because they swarm the bait and lick it clean and I replace the thing every few days and there are still so many ants. So, so many ants.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Google "boric acid ants"

Seriously. I just went through this. The mixture of water, borax, and sugar stopped the ants in less than a day. I haven't seen them come back in over a month; but if they do, it was so easy and quick, it would be no problem to just do it again.

edit: Maybe borax and boric acid aren't the same things? Either way, I'll vouch for Borax.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Maybe this is better for the Software/Hardware forum, but I was looking into getting a Wireless Adapter for my desktop so I can re-decorate without and new cords.

I don't need a specific recommendation necessarily; but the price range is like, from $6 to over $150. It's not clear to me why that is. Are USB ones worse than ones that you plug into your PCI slots? Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these or a basic understanding.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Drogadon posted:

usb ones are perfectly fine and should be dirt cheap I've used these and they work well

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Ult...sb+wifi+adapter

Might be even cheaper on the monoprice site

Thank you so much, I really had no idea.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Below freezing weather and snow has hit where I live, and my hands instantly dried up like a desert. 4 of my knuckles are split and bleeding.

I've tried Eucerin hand cream, and a few others, but nothing is helping. Any recommendations for a really good or restorative hand cream? I had decent results with O'Keefe's foot stuff, is their hand cream good too?

Otherwise, I drink a lot of water, not sure how to prevent dry skin like this.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Wow. That's a lot to work with, thank you all. Going to check these out.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I'm remodeling a small room for the first time, like ever. Since it's small, I want the few things I can fit in there be nice - it's going to be like an office / movie / game room. I'm looking for a really nice loveseat, probably 6-7 feet. Is there a store or brand anyone could recommend with high quality or high comfort options? I'm thinking fabric, not leather. Possibly with an ottoman. I wouldn't say money is an object in general - I'm open to spending more on something great; but like, probably, idk, $3000 would be on the very high end of what I'd consider buying without some really compelling reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Thank you all! If I get one I'll report back.